Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Conversion "Therapist" Comes Out as Gay

Aquila King

It's a delight to see deluded people failing at their attempt to change normal people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I hope nobody proposes this as evidence of it being contagious... 

If they do, they prove how ignorant they are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not the first time it’s happened. Former director of Love in Action John Smid left his wife, came out and eventually married his partner.

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

After 20 years of trying to change gay people, surprise surprise, turns out it didn't work. Even with changing himself. :rolleyes:

The fact that some people are still trying this after gay conversion therapy has already been thoroughly debunked is saddening...

No, Everybody who was not involved with this crap could see this coming.  Why else would someone be so adamant about converting/saving gay people if he were not himself, gay.  It was all about him from beginning to end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, Everybody who was not involved with this crap could see this coming.  Why else would someone be so adamant about converting/saving gay people if he were not himself, gay.  It was all about him from beginning to end.

Maybe it simply spread to him from the other people?

It seems like he spent many years trying to help save them so he had plenty of exposure.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

The fact that some people are still trying this after gay conversion therapy has already been thoroughly debunked is saddening...

Shhhhhh! 

We want Mike Pence to keep shocking himself until he's comatose. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Maybe it simply spread to him from the people?

It seems like he spent many years trying to help them so he had plenty of exposure.

You get this week's stupid statement award!!!! :tu:

Edited by Piney
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I hope nobody proposes this as evidence of it being contagious... 

~

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

It seems like he spent many years trying to help save them so he had plenty of exposure.

Satire is dead. 

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

It seems like he spent many years trying to help save them

Save them from what? Being happy?

• Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Save them from what? Being happy?

I dont think they were happy.

Or why would they be hoping this guy could fix them? A happy one doesnt need conversion therapy.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

I dont think they were happy.

Or why would they hoping this guy could fix them? A happy one doesnt need conversion therapy.

They have grown up in religious conservative environments, and falsely believed something was wrong with them.
Their unhappiness is caused by their peers, not their sexuality.

There's a reason they are called 'gay'.
It's because of the relief and joy they feel, when they are finally accepting themselves for who they are, and enabling themselves to seek the love they need!

Gays don't need therapy. Religious people do!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Just now, sci-nerd said:

They have grown up in religious conservative environments, and falsely believed something was wrong with them.
Their unhappiness is caused by their peers, not their sexuality.

There's a reason they are called 'gay'.
It's because of the relief and joy they feel, when they are finally accepting themselves for who they are, and enabling themselves to seek the love they need!

Gays don't need therapy. Religious people do!

I never understood why a culture exists that tells gay people they must accept and embrace their sexuality. If one of them wants to change then we should respect their decision and do what we can to help fix them.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I never understood why a culture exists that tells gay people they must accept and embrace their sexuality. If one of them wants to change then we should respect their decision and do what we can to help fix them.

Because it's who they are. You can't fix who you are! It's like trying to fix being tall or having freckles.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Because it's who they are. You can't fix who you are! It's like trying to fix being tall or having freckles.

I just did an internet search on `people are born gay` and `people are not born gay` and plenty of articles appear from gay people saying they weren't born that way. I dont want an argument, I`m just pointing it out. There are plenty of articles saying sexuality can change during the course of a person life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

plenty of articles appear from gay people saying they weren't born that way

There are plenty of articles saying sexuality can change during the course of a person life.

I'd like to know the sources and see the evidence.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I can’t tell if you’re serious. I hope not.

Anyhow, these kinds of programs don’t help. You can’t “pray the gay away”.

I would suggest watching the movie Boy Erased. 

• Like 4

By arguing with him you really are just encouraging him. 

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Just search in google, there are plenty.

Maybe they (and you) are confusing bisexuality with a change of sexuality. A person can be bisexual without acknowledging it, until they meet the right person.
Sexuality does not change.

5 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

By arguing with him you really are just encouraging him. 

I know. But I have an inner urge to fight misinformation. I know it's mission impossible mostly...

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

I can’t tell if you’re serious. I hope not.

Anyhow, these kinds of programs don’t help. You can’t “pray the gay away”.

I would suggest watching the movie Boy Erased. 

I decided to test that too by searching for the `success rate of gay conversation therapy` on Google. What I found is that while its banned in many western countries, those where it is allowed have a higher than 0% success rate. A lot higher - about 40%. So we have to be mindful that there may be more than one type of gay (if you believe some are born that way). Here is one example of someone saying they became gay:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160627-i-am-gay-but-i-wasnt-born-this-way

Please be mindful that the BBC is as left-wing and liberal as they come. So from that I reason if someone can become gay, they can also become straight.

Edited by RabidMongoose

So you get all of your superior knowledge on such a wide range of subjects by looking it up on google, then. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

So we have to be mindful that there may be more than one type of gay

Yes, there are three: male homosexual, female homosexual and bisexual.

Those who think they weren't 'born that way', belong in the third group. They are just unaware of it.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked