Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Conversion "Therapist" Comes Out as Gay

Aquila King

27 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nobody gave a **** in the backwoods Pine Barrens either. It was in the burbs where people had a problem with it. 

I think city people generally feel like they have to conform and have a herd mentality.Thats why I headed out bush as soon as I could,I was born "feral" and a misfit,despite coming from a (upstanding)haha family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, openozy said:

No, the Sydney Mardi Gras.

Pride parades are far from an outdated concept, considering people are still beaten, harassed,  and denied rights based on sexual or gender identity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, openozy said:

I think city people generally feel like they have to conform and have a herd mentality.Thats why I headed out bush as soon as I could,I was born "feral" and a misfit,despite coming from a (upstanding)haha family.

I was a b****** of the Philadelphia-Bradford Quaker aristocracy and the Injun help.

They threw me bush to get rid of me for the summer. ^_^

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Pride parades are far from an outdated concept, considering people are still beaten, harassed,  and denied rights based on sexual or gender identity. 

I just feel like they are beating a dead horse here.

Just now, Piney said:

I was a b****** of the Philadelphia-Bradford Quaker aristocracy and the Injun help.

George w bush?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

What I gather about you, it wouldn't have been much of a punishment lol.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, openozy said:

I think city people generally feel like they have to conform and have a herd mentality.

Statistically, cities tend to be the most diverse. Not just ethnically, but also politically and religiously. They tend to have the most variety of different social groups, different hobby and interest groups, different sports, etc. Diversity of people and ideas is the back bone of most cities.

Quite frankly, I don't think you have the first clue what you're talking about here.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, openozy said:

You can wish the horse to be dead just like the rest of us, but the point is the horse is still u fortunately very much alive, so they have every right to keep beating it to it's last breath.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Statistically, cities tend to be the most diverse. Not just ethnically, but also politically and religiously. They tend to have the most variety of different social groups, different hobby and interest groups, different sports, etc. Diversity of people and ideas is the back bone of most cities.

Quite frankly, I don't think you have the first clue what you're talking about here.

Seeing I grew up in the inner city I feel I have a great insight of cities.They might be diverse but most people in them are still slaves to the system and will be ok if they are good little sheep.

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

I may not know all the proper terms and pronouns and whatnot, but I try to simplify it all down to "you do you."

I never get upset at people who are confused or make mistakes. :)

Unless I sense malice behind it.

I was in a shop, with my ex, and the female clerk handed me back my credit card, loudly stating "Here you go, SIR!" in the hopes of embarrassing me. I smiled at her, took my card, and replied (loud enough for people to hear) "if you shaved off that moustache, people might actually think you were a woman". I thought my ex was going to pee herself, laughing, as we walked out and the clerk looked like she was going to have a stroke.

I don't go looking for trouble, but I'll be damned if I let anyone make me think I'm doing something wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well aren't you the spoil sport. I had a whole shtick lined up and now I has a sad.:no:

Awwww, I'll listen. :)

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I never get upset at people who are confused or make mistakes. :)

Unless I sense malice behind it.

I was in a shop, with my ex, and the female clerk handed me back my credit card, loudly stating "Here you go, SIR!" in the hopes of embarrassing me. I smiled at her, took my card, and replied (loud enough for people to hear) "if you shaved off that moustache, people might actually think you were a woman". I thought my ex was going to pee herself, laughing, as we walked out and the clerk looked like she was going to have a stroke.

I don't go looking for trouble, but I'll be damned if I let anyone make me think I'm doing something wrong.

We need more people like you. Don't let ignorant ****s get away with being ignorant ****s. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Seeing I grew up in the inner city I feel I have a great insight of cities.

I've spent a good chunk of my life living in both the city and small town rural Kentucky, so I have a fair bit of anecdotal insight here as well.

Regardless of personal accounts however, cities have more diversity of behavior and thought. That's just a statistical fact.

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

They might be diverse but most people in them are still slaves to the system and will be ok if they are good little sheep.

We're all slaves to the system buddy, because the system itself is corrupt. It's rigged against regular people.

Calling regular people "good little sheep" for having to live and work and feed their families in a bad system is just passing the buck down to them instead of focusing on fixing the inherently bad system itself.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Maybe it simply spread to him from the other people?

It seems like he spent many years trying to help save them so he had plenty of exposure.

You really do live in your own weird little world don't you ? :wacko:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, openozy said:

Then you are wrong.

Pride isn't about us wanting MORE than anyone else has, it's about getting just as much as anyone else.

Tell me true, do you fear to go into certain stores, or restaurants because of who you love, or how you look? Or let me put it this way: do you ever NOT go somewhere, because of who or what you are?

Ever been told "We don't serve YOUR kind" ?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

• The topic was locked

Gonna remind folks to cool their collars and review the site rules for the nonce. This derailed thread is going to be under review for a bit.

• Like 1