Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

2,100-year-old belt buckle unearthed

Still Waters

To archeologist Pavel Leus the striking new find resembled a modern smartphone. 

The black rectangular object was located in a burial site known as ‘The Russian Atlantis’ in mountainous Republic of Tuva, for it only appears from under water for few weeks a year.

Archeologists jokingly nicknamed the ancient female Natasha, while her accessory was called ‘an iPhone’. 

'‘Natasha’s’ burial with a Xiongnu-era iPhone remains one of the most interesting at this burial site,' Pavel Leus said in a new publication summarising results of several years of recent archeological expeditions to the Ala-Tey burial site. 

In fact, the discovery is a large - 18cm by 9cm - chic belt buckle made of gemstone jet with inlaid decorations of turquoise, carnelian and mother-of-pearl. 

https://siberiantimes.com/science/others/news/archeologist-in-awe-at-2100-year-old-iphone-like-belt-buckle-unearthed-in-atlantis-grave-in-tuva/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Piney

It could be the Rouran or Xiongnu Era-Khanate. 

I'm leaning towards her being a member one of the Turkic or Yeniseian Tribes that didn't yet adopt the Iranic (Scytho-Sarmatian) art style yet. I'm also leaning towards her being a "Cham" (Shaman). 

• Like 4

Stiff

It's not the first time these smartphones have shown up in the wrong era.

ss.jpg

• Haha 4

Stiff

DA9zW0O.jpg

• Haha 6

MissJatti

Thats does not look like an Iphone, it looks more like a Samsung

• Like 2

AllPossible

They also found a pay phone in the same location.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Berwen

I fail to see any connection to what was found and a cell phone. I guess the next thing to appear will be a 50" wide screen still running. 

• Like 2

Gwynbleidd

Well, it does seem huge for a belt buckle unless it was some sort of armor perhaps.  I really don't know.  It's rather extraordinary though.

Aye_Yer_Ma

So...because it's a black rectangle it's automatically associated with an iPhone? I'm tired of this planet.