Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Eyed Kids Encounter? What is this??

LissaLou82

I am writing this on behalf of my husband because he doesn't like to talk about what he encountered and has literally only told 2 people about this encounter since it happened 2 years ago. We honestly believe that this was a Black Eyed Kids encounter. If it is not, then what the heck was it?

It was around the end of September of 2017. My husband and I had gone to bed around midnight that night. My husband woke up somewhere between 1am and 2am because he heard someone knocking on our front door. I was sound asleep so I didn't hear the knocking and I didn't even feel him get out of the bed. He said he was still in the bedroom and was fixing to walk out to go to the front door when he thinks he heard what sounded like someone talking. He couldn't make out what they were saying and is not completely sure that he even heard someone talking. The lights outside our house were broken at the time and we had planned on fixing them the next day, so it was very dark outside. My husband had his flashlight in his hand so he could shine it out the window that is at the top of the front door to see who was knocking. My husband is 6'2 and the distance from the floor to the bottom of the window on the door is 5 feet 7 inches. To see out of the window, he had to stand on his tip toes and look down. He looked down and shined his flashlight down on the top of the head of what appeared to be a blonde haired little boy that he says looked between the ages of 9 and 12 but no older than 12. My husband never said anything to the little boy. He didn't ask who was there or what they wanted or anything and he said the little boy never said anything to him either. He said that once he shined the light down on the boys head, the boy instantly looked up, his face and skin very pale and expressionless, and looked right into my husbands eyes. He said that the little boys eyes were pitch black and were a little bigger than normal human eyes and said they weren't overly big, but they looked like there were no eyelids or anything around them. He said he made eye contact with the little boy for about a second and instantly got out of the window, turned off his flashlight and backed into the corner of the wall beside the door. He still didn't say a word and neither did the little boy. My husband then aggressively yelled at the boy, ****** ****** get out of here" That was all that he said. The little boy still didn't say a word. He stayed against the wall for a few seconds and then ran into our bedroom and woke me up immediately and then grabbed his pistol and put a bullet in the chamber and just waited to see if anything else was going to happen while explaining to me what he had just encountered. 

After explaining to me what he had just seen, he debated for about 30 minutes on whether to go outside, armed with his pistol, to look around because it was between 1 and 2am and it was very unusual for a child to be out there on our front door step at that time. It was very unnerving. He decided to stay inside until daylight. Neither of us went back to sleep because we were scared and confused about what this was. At daylight, he went outside to look around and didn't find anything. He came back inside and we then began to research what he saw. We had never heard of anything like this before so obviously we didn't even know what to type in to begin to search for this. After a few hours of non-stop searching several different key words and phrases, we then came across the stories of the Black Eyed Kids and we were both convinced that this is what he saw. 

My husband is not someone that gets scared at all. He has fought in 3 different wars and has seen some extremely evil stuff where he was at the time, but he said that what he encountered that night was something that actually scared him and he never thought he would ever encounter something like this. For my husband to actually admit that he was scared is very unnerving and scary because nothing scares him. He still to this day, when someone mentions anything close to what he saw that night, he will instantly be covered in goosebumps, the hair on his arms and the back of his neck instantly stands up and he gets serious chills. He said that what he made eye contact with that night was not human at all. 

We have encountered 2 different spirits in our home that have been here since we bought this home which was about 3 years ago now. The spirits that we encountered here were pretty mischevious and seemed to enjoy messing with us. One of them got pretty aggressive and somewhat evil for a while until we were able to get the house cleansed. My husband says that he would rather encounter the most evil spirit all day every day for the rest of his life than to have to just look into the eyes of whatever this was ever again. He said that when he and the boy made eye contact, he immediately knew that this boy or whatever it was had nothing but bad intentions and he knew that if he opened the door that one of them was going to die. He described looking into the boys eyes as a feeling of looking into the eyes of a predator. Like a lion looks at its prey before it pounces. 

He said that if this thing happens to ever come back, and we pray that they don't, he will be prepared for it and they will not catch him off guard again. Whatever door they knock on, he will go out the other door and go around the house to confront them with his pistol in one hand and his machete in the other because he said he wants to know if they bleed. His exact words were, "If they can bleed, then they can be killed". He and I both believe that this thing is not demonic, ghostly or anything like that. We both strongly believe that this thing was from another dimension.

If anyone has any similar encounters, or information on what this could possibly be, please feel free to contact me because we want to know what this is and what to do if we encounter it again and how to handle it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Haven't heard of black eyed kids, but I have heard of black eyed peas. Anyway hi and welcome to UM, I'm sure someone here has some sort of answers to your post.

• Haha 6

Black eyed peas, hahaha that's funny! Thanks for the laugh and for the welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, a night prowler? Seriously? You know I have read your comments on other posts that are similar to mine, and they are all the same type of crap. You are trolling. You are trying to bait people into fighting with you, you are just being disrespectful and down right ridiculous. You need to go back to the forum rules and read them carefully because you are violating them and I am sure I am not the only one that is beyond annoyed by your sarcasm. If you aren't going to comment something that is polite or respectful, then do the adult thing and just not make a comment at all. I hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I have heard tales about the BEKs for years but never run into any myself. They all seem very innocuous, except for the level of fear they seem to strike into people who do see them.

I do not think I would go outside and expose myself to them directly, though, if I did see any. Allegedly, they cannot come in unless you open the door or offer them a ride (many tales are with them wanting to get inside vehicles with people). 

• Like 5

when it's dark, the iris widens and the pupil dilates, or gets bigger, to allow as much light as possible to enter the eye. Making the sclera look black too, especially at night.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LissaLou82 said:

If anyone has any similar encounters, or information on what this could possibly be, please feel free to contact me because we want to know what this is and what to do if we encounter it again and how to handle it.

I have never experienced a Black Eyed Child myself but your story fits like hand-in-glove to the collection of encounters.

I wish I could tell you what they are but this one is still a major mystery to me. I do believe at this point that people are dealing with something beyond the known.  I agree that the fear and terror they provoke is not readily explicable as 'normal' and is reported again and again.

You might want to scour the internet and books on this subject to learn as much as can be known at this time.

• Like 1

In the tales I have read, there is no white to the eyes in a BEK, and some were quite close encounters being claimed. It was a bit more than dilated pupils. I think it was about the time these stories got more mainstream that those solid black eye contact lenses started turning up around Halloween.

I consider the stories to be lore, like Bigfoot and other stories that have gone the rounds and keep doing so over decades. The modern version of campfire stories. 

It is not as if we have many (any?) tales of families being found dead in their home by BEK, so who knows what the BEK would really do, if they were real and did get let in?

• Like 4

@Not A Rockstar I had never heard of the BEKs before my husbands encounter. There were claims that date back to well before the 1950s about these things or whatever they are. There are a couple of books that I have found after finding a few very informative videos on youtube about the BEKs, that have been written about this topic that I just ordered from Amazon this morning that go into great detail about the very first documented encounters. I have not found any encounters where the person let the BEKs inside their home and have lived to tell about it. I am not saying that there are not any encounters like that, I am just saying that if there are, no one has come forward with them. I am more than curious to know if there are any encounters of letting them in and what happens, what they want, what they are here for and so on. If you have found anything close to that or any other information about this topic and wouldn't mind sharing your source with me, I would greatly appreciate it

• Like 1

@papageorge1 I have been doing a lot of research since about 5am today. And what I have found so far is this and if I am incorrect about something please let me know: There is a book called Black Eyed Children written by David Weatherly that goes into great detail about this topic. He doesn't know everything, but he has provided the most evidence that proves that this is more than just an Urban Legend. That book was published back in 2012. He also wrote another one on that topic titled Black Eyed Children: Revised 2nd Edition that includes an additional chapter from Brian Bethel reflecting on his encounter. If I am not mistaken, Brian Bethel is the one who made the first documented encounter back in the 1950s about the BEKs. But again, I could be mistaken about the dates of his encounter and that he was the first person that documented that. David Weatherly also has a channel on Youtube, he doesn't have a whole lot of videos about this topic as he does other paranormal topics, but he has 2 videos that are the most recent about this topic and he posted them in January of this year. I am going to go on Youtube, copy the links to both of those videos and post them for you if you are interested. It is a 2 part video just to let you know. I am also looking into books and drawings by H.P. Lovecraft. Here is a link to a bio of him. I have not read everything on here, but my husband has a theory. His theory is that Lovecraft was on to something and believes that the creatures Lovecraft had night terrors of as a child up until the day he died, and he described one of the creatures and it was pretty darn close to the description of the Black Eyed Kids whom he said were from another dimension. Here is the link, if you click on it to read about this, please let me know if it works because if it does not, I will put it in a message and try sending it to you that way. http://www.hplovecraft.com/life/biograph.aspx   Again, I have not read everything on this bio, but from what I have read so far and the research that my husband and I have done, Lovecraft has seen these BEKs and had information about them such as what they want, where they are from and so on, and he was almost like a prophet telling of what is to come in later years. I know it sounds crazy, and I have never really believed in anything like this before, but I do keep an open mind and if it sparks my interest then absolutely I will research it until I either find something that proves it is not true, or I find all the research that is available and make my conclusions then. But you really do have to have an open mind about things of this nature. You had told me earlier today that you really enjoy researching things of this nature so I really hope you enjoy what I have shared. I will send you a message with the youtube links of the videos of David Weatherly talking about the BEKs. Like I said, he seems to have the most information and most accurate information on this subject. I hope you find it enjoyable

• Thanks 2

On 9/8/2019 at 9:39 AM, LissaLou82 said:

Yeah, a night prowler? Seriously? You know I have read your comments on other posts that are similar to mine, and they are all the same type of crap. You are trolling. You are trying to bait people into fighting with you, you are just being disrespectful and down right ridiculous. You need to go back to the forum rules and read them carefully because you are violating them and I am sure I am not the only one that is beyond annoyed by your sarcasm. If you aren't going to comment something that is polite or respectful, then do the adult thing and just not make a comment at all. I hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by

After reading this, it's painfully obvious you're the one trolling.

New user posts a story, one person makes a simple polite comment about an alternative explanation and the new user rudely explodes on them for absolutely no reason at all. Typical troll behavior. It happens often enough around here to recognize it from a mile away.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 9/8/2019 at 5:56 PM, LissaLou82 said:

I am more than curious to know if there are any encounters of letting them in and what happens, what they want, what they are here for and so on. If you have found anything close to that or any other information about this topic and wouldn't mind sharing your source with me, I would greatly appreciate it

Not a one tale of this sort, so either those are all dead and also were not found or missing to be reported in crime statistics, or it is a cultural legend, IMO. I know you claim it is verified in third person (you reporting your husband's experience), but all the legends have similar reported contacts, none of which has been verified by even one capture (think Big foot, Chupacabra, or BEK). So, for now you have nothing really but reports from other people to go on. An easy claim, then, as nobody can prove anything.

My primary "source" is 60 years being me and seeing spirits, entities and other such things and investigating the same for my own curiosity. Reviewing hundreds of reports of experiences and phenomenon and helping many people who need help with strange things or issues or want to understand what is causing their problems. I also have friends into the same pursuit and a lot of skeptical friends as well whose views keep me sharper and into enquiry mode versus "know it all mode". I do not write books about it or talk about the bulk of it, though that is a popular way to make money - have an experience and write a book of claims about it as facts. Those sell pretty well judging by how many do it. 

But, when it comes down to it, at the end of the day, the vast majority result from psychological manifestations, fears or sleep disorders, if not superstition or mental imbalances/ not understanding how our own senses and perceptions work.

I do not consider myself a skeptic, because I do not believe ALL are caused by the above. I never will. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

none of which has been verified by even one capture (think Big foot, Chupacabra, or BEK). 

Just wanted to chime in that many hold these cryptid creatures to not be full-time residents of the physical realm making physical capture not even really possible. In the best thread I saw on this forum on BEK the experiencer reported their disappearance and relocating. I remember following that lengthy thread from start to finish and the experiencer was very patient, intelligent and credible in my view.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

But, when it comes down to it, at the end of the day, the vast majority result from psychological manifestations, fears or sleep disorders, if not superstition or mental imbalances/ not understanding how our own senses and perceptions work.

I agree, particularly with the latter part of your statement. In this instance, I find it interesting how the husband's fear was misplaced.. Instead of being fearful for the boy, he was fearful of him. 

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I find it interesting how the husband's fear was misplaced.. Instead of being fearful for the boy, he was fearful of him. 

That actually argues for the thinking something not normal was actually afoot. Young kids in all these stories wouldn't normally evoke the emotions they evoke! But why? The suspicion is they are exuding something beyond what we can see on the surface. People talk about the eyes first perhaps because that is something we can address normally?

6 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

The very memetic nature of ghost stories and other such tales do have an effect on people's consciousness. Where they might fills in the blanks as needed. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/8/2019 at 6:56 PM, LissaLou82 said:

@Not A Rockstar I had never heard of the BEKs before my husbands encounter. There were claims that date back to well before the 1950s about these things or whatever they are. There are a couple of books that I have found after finding a few very informative videos on youtube about the BEKs, that have been written about this topic that I just ordered from Amazon this morning that go into great detail about the very first documented encounters. I have not found any encounters where the person let the BEKs inside their home and have lived to tell about it. I am not saying that there are not any encounters like that, I am just saying that if there are, no one has come forward with them. I am more than curious to know if there are any encounters of letting them in and what happens, what they want, what they are here for and so on. If you have found anything close to that or any other information about this topic and wouldn't mind sharing your source with me, I would greatly appreciate it

There aren't any claims of black eyes kids that date back that far because they were created in the late 90s by a journalist(I think) named Brian Bethel, who posted the account on an old bbs board, I believe. After the story took of years later, he then started claiming the story to be factual. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

There aren't any claims of black eyes kids that date back that far because they were created in the late 90s by a journalist(I think) named Brian Bethel, who posted the account on an old bbs board, I believe. After the story took of years later, he then started claiming the story to be factual. 

https://www.liveabout.com/black-eyed-kids-horror-or-hoax-2594476

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I  thought my Grandmother originated that!  She always called me her little, black eyed, brown haired boy! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2