Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gallup poll: 'Government is covering up UFOs'

UM-Bot

I suspect the Gov is covering up some data, but, it is reference a very few incidents and I imagine those are technological advances in spy drones or drone weaponry research going on in the world and being tested out there by several sides. That is what *I* suspect, especially after watching the purported Navy vs UFO recordings we have seen over the past year.

I doubt it is ET.

I also doubt the majority of claimed sightings as being much more than misinterpreted natural or explainable events. Some are less. Some out outright fakes (I was in Gulfbreeze when that was going on there. Amusing hogwash).

But, I am not claiming to suppose every single one is said hog bathing. I just do not think real ET need to use such crash prone aircraft if they have the tech to get here in the first place - and not only use them but keep on with few changes the very same lawn dart models.

JMO, and we all have those :) 

• Like 6

The last 10 years the government has been more willing to talk about UFO’s interacting with military aircraft. Almost to the point of preparing the public for more information. 

• Haha 1

It is important to understand that UFOs are unidentified flying objects. This can encompass difficult to see birds, blimps, drones, you name it. Until it can be identified and it’s flying, it is a UFO. Extraterrestrial isn’t necessary.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 6

"UFO" doesnt mean no matter how many try to insist it does "aliens" .

if one can grasp that then they might can grasp the gov most certanly does hide or cover things from the general public for reasons of the nations sercurity,

it could be our own secret gadgets we dont want other countries to know about or its other countries gadgets, or unknown phenomenon zero points to alien.

as far as our gov gearing up for the bftbs day of disclosure that i guess the bftb want to suggest is gonna be some epic admission aliens are here and have been here is so very terminally flawed its ridiculous, "our gov" is a drop in the ocean, other countries and privateers are also involved they too look skyward or wherever et hangs out.

if ET was here or had been it would have already come out, and if the day ever did come it wont be some cloak and dagger "day of disclosure" if will just get spilled like any other headline,

tin foil hats back on the rack....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There is no doubt that the military has secret types of aircraft's they have developed over time, along with other aviation technology it does not surprise me. And that is why when we see we often identify it as an UFO. Why would they not cover it up? its simply so that other countries or nations are kept from spying and leaking information in order that they can get their hands on it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All of us are really quick to dismiss the possibility of there being an actual cover up, where multiple countries are involved all protecting one truth: that we're not alone. And I would be the first to dismiss it in a discussion, but there is always a part of me that wonders what if. It wouldn't be so crazy that there is a secret branch of officials from all over the world tasked with keeping the truth hidden. Like a censoring agency, with a worldwide reach and unlimited funding.. 

Just saying, not that hard to imagine

24 minutes ago, CloudSix said:

All of us are really quick to dismiss the possibility of there being an actual cover up, where multiple countries are involved all protecting one truth: that we're not alone. And I would be the first to dismiss it in a discussion, but there is always a part of me that wonders what if. It wouldn't be so crazy that there is a secret branch of officials from all over the world tasked with keeping the truth hidden. Like a censoring agency, with a worldwide reach and unlimited funding.. 

sorry to me it is crazy and hard in fact just impossible to imagine that world govs all get along on just one issue, hiding a world order conspiracy that ET is here and has been,  which would include countless non gov agencies and private persons in on the ruse,

lets speculate this was true, keep in mind there are some folks in this world who worship their govs so much to be rear ended bag over the head kicked in the jewels like this just might cause little riots or worse,

i never dismissed cover ups or withholding information for reasons of national sercurity but yes, i do dismiss some global alliance that proof of et is being withheld.

others will likely chime in with other reasons this isnt a plausible theory.

• Like 1

I`ve read somewhere that 45% of all Americans believe in ghosts, 57% in Atlantis existed, 26% in "telekinesis", 57,7% in places can be haunted by spirits, 20,7% in bigfoot is a real creature etc etc ect. Sorry, but ...

• Like 3

Additionally it should be noted that the majority of Americans are idiots. When the top candidates for highest office come down to Trump and Clinton, that's all you really need to know. America by and large is filled with morons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2019 at 2:05 PM, Captain Risky said:

The last 10 years the government has been more willing to talk about UFO’s interacting with military aircraft. Almost to the point of preparing the public for more information. 

You are so hilarious regurgitating the disclosure line. Before that it was something else and before that something else and before that ...

Disclosure never  happens but people claim it is right around the corner. Every year it is a new carrot dangling at the end of a long pole. Disclosure has been imminent for 50 years.

As to the claim "preparing the public for more information", that is a joke. The president of the US raised the possibility of life. Movies have been suggesting life on other planets for nearly a century. Books and the canals of Mars have been around for over a century. If this disclosure were in progress, then how come everyone prepped in those early years is already dead.

Videos of distant planes and a balloon are not UFOs interacting with military aircraft.  You seem to not know that the videos we see often show something and do NOT show interacting with what is seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amazingly astrology is making a comeback. Millennials are big believers in astrology and lots of other baloney.

The big thing to remember is that large numbers of people believing in something has no bearing on whether or not it is correct.

The common thing to do in a discussion is to point out other soft issues such as ghosts and astrology.

At one time most people believed in slavery. I guess for those thinking that more than half the people believing in UFOs gives it some truth, then that means when over half of the people believed in slavery it was fine and proper and the right thing to do.

As the skeptics have repeatedly pointed belief by many is not important.

• Thanks 2

In a recent poll, 68% of Americans thought that the US government is concealing information on the topic 

As mentioned, they are very likely concealing their own crafts.

At some time their secrets crafts have to be flown, they are quite happy with people thinking its an alien craft because they are not prepared to say it is a new multi billion dollar war plan they are making and testing.

My idea on Roswell is just that. As far as the military were concerned, the more people who believe it was an alien craft the better, it takes the dairy off them to reveal their secrets.

There are also the incidents where the 'ufo' has been identified as eg; bird, chinese lantern etc, and it is easier to just let the believers think it is a secret because they will never believe it is not an alien craft even if you placed the feathers infront of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

As mentioned, they are very likely concealing their own crafts.

At some time their secrets crafts have to be flown, they are quite happy with people thinking its an alien craft because they are not prepared to say it is a new multi billion dollar war plan they are making and testing.

My idea on Roswell is just that. As far as the military were concerned, the more people who believe it was an alien craft the better, it takes the dairy off them to reveal their secrets.

There are also the incidents where the 'ufo' has been identified as eg; bird, chinese lantern etc, and it is easier to just let the believers think it is a secret because they will never believe it is not an alien craft even if you placed the feathers infront of them.

Spot on. Governments have/are/will use disinformation tactics in order to protect national assets. Area 51 is a base for testing new aircraft. So perhaps the US Gov helped feed the alien CT to distract them from what it's actually hiding.

Heck hasn't the Roswell economy grown cause of it?

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 9:33 PM, CloudSix said:

How old do you think this secret society could be?

I ask because when do you think an alien craft came to Earth and at what stage did this secret society form made of people from different countries?

Lets say a ufo landed near a small remote Chinese village, say 100 years ago, do you think the Chinese then contacted other countries from all over the world to get themselves someone assigned to have a look and keep it a secret from the general public? Are you seeing how rudiculous this sounds?

If an alien craft visited Earth more recently, it would be spotted by the thousands of astronomers all over the world, the governments do not have an exclusive view to the our skies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

How old do you think this secret society could be?

I ask because when do you think an alien craft came to Earth and at what stage did this secret society form made of people from different countries?

Lets say a ufo landed near a small remote Chinese village, say 100 years ago, do you think the Chinese then contacted other countries from all over the world to get themselves someone assigned to have a look and keep it a secret from the general public? Are you seeing how rudiculous this sounds?

If an alien craft visited Earth more recently, it would be spotted by the thousands of astronomers all over the world, the governments do not have an exclusive view to the our skies.

Perhaps that's why the Knights Templar was founded!! Think about it, knights sitting around a "round table", clearly a UFO!

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

So perhaps the US Gov helped feed the alien CT to distract them from what it's actually hiding.

Absolutely. And it suited them perfectly that way.

I just do not get how people think ufo before military secret testing and manufacturing (but it is America ;)) guess that answers my question. 

I wonder how many of the 68% say they have been abducted and probed (seems probing is a given) by aliens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Perhaps that's why the Knights Templar was founded!! Think about it, knights sitting around a "round table", clearly a UFO!

Only an American Ufo'er would believe that. They would also say it happened in America. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Only an American Ufo'er would believe that. They would also say it happened in America. 

True, along with Atl.....no not going there Piney would swim the Atlantic and hunt me down. :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

You are so hilarious regurgitating the disclosure line. Before that it was something else and before that something else and before that ...

Disclosure never  happens but people claim it is right around the corner. Every year it is a new carrot dangling at the end of a long pole. Disclosure has been imminent for 50 years.

As to the claim "preparing the public for more information", that is a joke. The president of the US raised the possibility of life. Movies have been suggesting life on other planets for nearly a century. Books and the canals of Mars have been around for over a century. If this disclosure were in progress, then how come everyone prepped in those early years is already dead.

Videos of distant planes and a balloon are not UFOs interacting with military aircraft.  You seem to not know that the videos we see often show something and do NOT show interacting with what is seen.

Not sure which hole you stick your head in but discloser is happening as we speak. But outta curiosity how can you be so sure that there’s UFO’s or life in our universe or some other?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Not sure which hole you stick your head in but discloser is happening as we speak. But outta curiosity how can you be so sure that there’s UFO’s or life in our universe or some other?

UFOs exist. Doesn't mean alien.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the greater number of people who answered were thinking government built craft. Not aliens.

As to so many seeing ufos... Just look up at a contrail, can you identify the craft?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

You are so funny to claim the same old song and dance of "discloser is happening as we speak". The joke is still funny. So many people say that with great assurance and yet it  is the same old boring song and dance that has been going on for a long time.

I've never made claims to the existence of UFOs or life in our universe. the evidence is lacking for UFOs to be anything extraterrestrial. As far as life goes in the universe, the existence of compounds we think of precursors of life does not mean there is life out there. Maybe in the coming years we will be able to detect the existence of life elsewhere in the  universe. That detection is likely to something we can infer means life rather than directly detecting life.

You ask "Not sure which hole you stick your head in". I'm a skeptic. I'm not like you. I don't stick my head in a hole as you do. I look for evidence and try to learn something new each day. You should try doing that at least once in  your life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

UFOs exist. Doesn't mean alien.

That’s your opinion.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You are so funny to claim the same old song and dance of "discloser is happening as we speak". The joke is still funny. So many people say that with great assurance and yet it  is the same old boring song and dance that has been going on for a long time.

I've never made claims to the existence of UFOs or life in our universe. the evidence is lacking for UFOs to be anything extraterrestrial. As far as life goes in the universe, the existence of compounds we think of precursors of life does not mean there is life out there. Maybe in the coming years we will be able to detect the existence of life elsewhere in the  universe. That detection is likely to something we can infer means life rather than directly detecting life.

You ask "Not sure which hole you stick your head in". I'm a skeptic. I'm not like you. I don't stick my head in a hole as you do. I look for evidence and try to learn something new each day. You should try doing that at least once in  your life.

You’re very passionate about being closed minded. Articles were presented on this forum, reputable articles explaining how metallic looking object, some non aero dynamic in shape, out flying fighter jets at speeds bordering scramjet fast and stopping on a dime and then briefing the highest echelons on government about it but alas the great and powerful stereo calls bull chit. Hobbits live in holes also.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1