Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gallup poll: 'Government is covering up UFOs'

UM-Bot

20 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I saw that test on youtube. It's completely ridiculous because they put people behind some wall or smth like that. To see aura you need to see person or its photo. So basically this Rendi's test is filter of conmen. Real aura seers would never take it.

You call the test ridiculous but the person being tested did not. The reason people need to see the person is what? Please explain why the person being tested did not require that.

There is no such thing as "real aura seers". There are only con men. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You call the test ridiculous but the person being tested did not. The reason people need to see the person is what? Please explain why the person being tested did not require that.

Because the person being tested is a con man who can't see aura and doesn't know how things work. As I said, Rendi's test are great filter to catch hustlers but not good for those who have real abilities.

Obviously, you need to see a person to see his energy and chakras. It's like asking me to see the colour of someone's eyes without seeing that person or his photo.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CloudSix said:

I disagree strongly with everything you just said, but such is the nature of discussions. 

I would say that in your desire to look at evidence and in your efforts to assign meaning and proof to everything you have closed yourself of for a plethora of possibilities, which is in it's own right, also fine.

Not ideas about a world wide conspiracy, nor do I believe that it exists, it was just an amusing thought, nothing else...

smooth back pedaling.

facts and truth are one thing, its the path i take you take a fantasy based biased blind faith true believers path if it works for you thats fine,

however, im no more closed or unenlightened than you are, im open to be shown, you are good with your blind beliefs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

I saw that test on youtube. It's completely ridiculous because they put people behind some wall or smth like that. To see aura you need to see person or its photo. So basically this Rendi's test is filter of conmen. Real aura seers would never take it.

44 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Because the person being tested is a con man who can't see aura and doesn't know how things work. As I said, Rendi's test are great filter to catch hustlers but not good for those who have real abilities.

Obviously, you need to see a person to see his energy and chakras. It's like asking me to see the colour of someone's eyes without seeing that person or his photo.

how ridiculous,

you are being a bit of a cherry picking hypocrite, you blindly subscribe to your belief than some charlatan can give long distant "readings" without being with the person then cop out saying randis auras tests are unfair because the subjects arent in the same room.

to make claims that an aura  "IF" it could be seen "IF" there is one could be seen in a photograph is a textbook tool of a charlatan conman,  to dupe gullibles like yourself, can you smell or taste an apple from its picture?

if all the bogus focus hocus pocus is helping you deal with some deep fears i guess its okay, last i saw you said these charlatans are working for atrention and ego not $$$.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

The person was one of the best aura readers. They were sent by the Berkely Psychic institute because they were the best aura reader they could find. You suggest that their failure means they are a con man. I say they are all con men. 

https://berkeleypsychic.com/

You suggest there are those with real abilities. That's not true. If they had real abilities they could pass tests. No one has been able to pass tests. Why? There are plenty of sad excuses, but the reason is that they are just fakes or self deluded fakes.

The idea that you have to see the person is simply a cop out for the con men.

The idea of an aura is a false idea. It doesn't exist. If it did then equipment could detect it.

http://skepdic.com/auras.html

Under ordinary circumstances, auras are only visible to certain people with  special psychic power. However, with a little bit of training, or with a special set of Aura Goggles with "pinacyanole bromide" filters (available at your local New Age Head Shop), anyone can see auras.

Even though equipment exists capable of measuring extremely minute energy levels, no one has ever detected an aura or the alleged energy that gives rise to an aura using scientific equipment.

It's a scam and you have taken it hook, line, and sinker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, what can I tell you. Completely disagree with you. Bad test cannot show good things.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Well, what can I tell you. Completely disagree with you. Bad test cannot show good things.

you are delusional, the tests are good the charlatans are bad....

for over 40 years ive seeked a very simple proof and each time countless different fraudsters claiming special powers say the said lame cop out...

"it doesnt work like that"

which is partly true, it doesnt work at all.

34 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Con men in general avoid testing because it will show they are con men. You can disagree all you want, but the test was valid. It was agreed to by the person being tested. All parties agreed to the test. You call it a bad test for what reason?

Just because you do not like the result does not mean it was a bad test. 

No test shows any of the aura readers can do what they claim. They are fakes - all of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You say that because you never had that luck to meet the real one. ;) If you'd like I can connect you with this Californian man. I'm in touch with him for years.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Piney said:

@freetoroam is a "her".......But "she" puts up with it all the time so for now on we'll just say "them" in all 3 personal cases. :yes:

*sigh* :hmm:

Tru, read up the star systems where all these "contactees?" say their contact is from. They never do their research and always pick ones that are young and have proto-planets or no planets at all. 

Thanks for the info! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

You say that because you never had that luck to meet the real one. ;) If you'd like I can connect you with this Californian man. I'm in touch with him for years.

no thanks no need to meet your charlatan buddy, unless he tells you my gmothers name, now how simple can that request be...yeah i know, doesnt work like that, lol.

ive never met Bigfoot, the easter bunny, santa Claus, ive never met a ghost, or a real phychic because there are no real ones.

funny you call it " luck" when im not superstitious either, but i guess when one is living in delusion and fantasy why not go all the way with it,

7 hours ago, TrumanB said:

So you have been fooled by a con man for years. Not going to debate that. I accept that you have been fooled.

• Thanks 1

Con men hate being tested. It reveals who they are. When they are tested they come up with excuses as to why they are failures.

Those that have fallen for these bizarre claims will say that the failure was due to the person being tested being a fake. They might also claim that the test checked a fake version of the real thing.

What they don't say is that before the test they expect a perfect answer. Before the test it is all about you dumb science guys wait till you see this. Failure happens and then out come the excuses. You tested a fake version of the real thing. Or the person was a fraud. How about this. The thing being tested is a fake.  How about this. The thing being tested is not the first time this stupidity has been revealed to be a scam.

This is not about a rational idea. It is about fooling people into handing over money.

We have an unnamed poster pretending to be rather. They claim they are rational. Here s what they do.

They assume A is true. They say A therefore A. Then they suggest that they are rational for assuming A  is true.

We ask is there is evidence for A? Their response? Not really or I'd show it but trust me because I trust people that have fooled me into believing A is true.

Thankfully that stupidity went out in the Middle Ages, well before science was worked out. Now only fools operate on that level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ted Serios comes to mind

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Serios

An arrogant, chronic alcoholic under achiever,

a lot of people fell for his ruse for a while,  a few very gullible still believe he had special powers.

• Like 1

Not sure what that has to do with aliens but you guys seem to be misunderstanding how psychic powers work. The energy and information is already there some just are better at accessing it, but stickimg them in faraday cages for testing would hamper that. Either way if you've had the luck to meet someone able you would change your mind. My son and ex husband do it quite well and left me with no doubts as to the information people can pull from thin air.
When we got married my x wanted to demonstrate so he said lets talk about marriage. He approached a random couple and said ah newlyweds! They confirmed, which didnt convince me because it seemed obvious enough. Then another couple walked by and he said 37 years! Congrats! They were actually celebrating thier 37th anniversary. Then he looked around and saw a woman alone and said 7 times? Stop trying. She got very sheepish and said she had been married 7 times and it was disasterous. My point is people do it, but it is not an on demand ability. They just randomly pop out with facts.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Not sure what that has to do with aliens but you guys seem to be misunderstanding how psychic powers work.....

Oh no. Oh dear. No, no, no....not again.

• Thanks 1

my x wanted to demonstratemy x wanted to demonstrate

8 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

you guys seem to be misunderstanding how psychic powers work.

no, im not, i understand they dont work, stories prove zero and after countless claims all we get are the typical, it doesnt work that way" excuses,

"my x wanted to demonstrate"

oh but your ex could summon it up on a date to show off, hogwash.

if you believe in it thats super, but that doesnt mean it exists outside your mind or your ex had special powers, remember to us its just your story.

Edited by the13bats
clearify
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Not sure what that has to do with aliens but you guys seem to be misunderstanding how psychic powers work

how is it possible to misunderstand something that does not exist? Logically one would need to experience psychic powers in order to misunderstand them...

or am I just trolling?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

how is it possible to misunderstand something that does not exist? Logically one would need to experience psychic powers in order to misunderstand them...

or am I just trolling?

Apparently using logic on this site is trolling or just being bias! Specially when science is bought into the equation or any other rational explanation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Apparently using logic on this site is trolling or just being bias!

after 25+ years of typing in places like this you get used to it.

if any of this rubbish is real; we would know it as fact by now!

after saying this i suppose i'll have to add: IN_MY_OPINION;)

• Like 1

Of course they are hiding what they know b/c there is a lot of people who can't handle it as you can see by some of the posts from the non-believers.  And the military can't even stop Corso and any of their pilots from saying what they really saw & that's how we know.

We don't need alien craft coming here & its our planet, and there is no telling what they are doing to it. We need to defend Earth from Aliens coming here. The problem is they have better tech.

Edited by brian100
add more

4 hours ago, brian100 said:

Of course they are hiding what they know b/c there is a lot of people who can't handle it as you can see by some of the posts from the non-believers.  And the military can't even stop Corso and any of their pilots from saying what they really saw & that's how we know.

We don't need alien craft coming here & its our planet, and there is no telling what they are doing to it. We need to defend Earth from Aliens coming here. The problem is they have better tech.

Nice pipe dream. Please continue your irrational thinking.

What people can't handle is the truth and that would be someone such as yourself that wants to pretend things that the evidence clearly states is false. For example, you refer to Corso who is a source of nonsense. Despite a nice career he decided to go off the deep end and lie about what he did. For example, you were clueless that the videos did not show Fravor's flight. That clearly shows your limited understanding of any of this. You should read up instead of making guesses which you seem to get wrong nearly 100% of the time.

• Like 1

What I find interesting is that Governments have ditched the phrase UFO and move onto UAP.

Now that tells me that there is still unknown things being reported but why change the description?

Might be absolutely nothing in it but I wonder how many FOI requests have turned up nothing as the terminology had changed.