Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gallup poll: 'Government is covering up UFOs'

UM-Bot

@Trelane,  To a lot of people UFOlogy=crackpot science. They think of such luminaries as Lazar, Corso, Freidman, Vallee, Belle and Noory etc.

The DoD I am sure would rather start with a clean slate and avoid being lumped in with the above. Just an opinion. 

And this may be even a bigger reason, if the US Navy/DoD calls these UAPs UFOs, doesn't that make American UFOlogists look to be correct the whole while and make people wonder why the DoD couldn't figure it out until decades *after* the advent of American Ufology?

Ya. People will wonder that.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
addition

11 hours ago, skookum said:

What I find interesting is that Governments have ditched the phrase UFO and move onto UAP.

Now that tells me that there is still unknown things being reported but why change the description?

Might be absolutely nothing in it but I wonder how many FOI requests have turned up nothing as the terminology had changed.

UAP vs UFO

Its a rational update of a leading grossly misused term, ufologists, blind faith believers and basic tin foil stetson crowd took "UFO" which of course means unidentified flying object and bastardized it into a cheesy wrong blanket term meaning "its in the sky we have no clue what it really is so it must be aliens"

of course legitimate science wants nothing to do with such asinine tripe so they come up with UAP, =  unidentified aerial phenomenon which is not so reaching and gives lots of room to use the available evidence and come to an unbiased science based conclusion the subject is prosaic and explained, or unknown, and then the believers go looney yet again, "unknown" must equal aliens, no, it doesnt unknown is unknown until proven,

of course any gov and mil want to know what flying their friendly skies not for fears of ET or K pax but to be sure the bad guys, human bad guys arent up to no good,

i find insisting the gov is hiding proof of aliens and that their are craft flying around supported with the same proof than say santa is real, 

but hey im open, show me your proof im wrong ill check it out....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian100 said:

And when the Navy finally realizes what UAP is it will change to ASC.

The provenance of the videos is so doubtful, we have no idea what the Navy thinks.

• Like 1

A series of probable training films were leaked which show FLIR images of distant planes and a weather balloon. The makes for a typical UAP.

The term UAP is a responsible replacement for the concept since the term UFO has been poisoned by those that think it means aliens.

Some people have no idea that the videos were not taken on the sortie in which Captain Fravor thinks he saw something alien. There is no video from that flight.  There is no connection between Fravor's story and any of the videos.