Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

The ghosts of Mitcham, London

Eldorado

"Mitcham, a small town in the borough of Merton, is famous for many things, not least an abundance of lavender fields and its cricket club.

"But according to some residents and local historians, it is also "one of the UK's most haunted towns", presumably because it's so nice that even dead residents don't want to leave."

"Here are the stories of five ghosts that you can (apparently) find in the area."

Full article at My London: https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/ghosts-mitcham-one-uks-most-16854982

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

susieice

The faces on the walls would make me move  :unsure2: I remember reading about another cottage that had faces come up on the floors no matter what they did but I can't remember where it was.

Got it. The Belmez faces in Spain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bélmez_Faces

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

acute

This bit.....

"He looked solid as if he was really in the room. He was tall and slim with no real kind of expression on his face apart from the "army look" (as if he was on parade)

.....reminded me of when our near neighbours had a ouija board session, just for a laugh.

Danny, a staunch non-believer, swore he saw a soldier appear, march for a few paces, then turn left and walk straight through the fireplace. He was clearly troubled by it.

(The houses were built in 1931)

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

Piney
1 minute ago, acute said:

(The houses were built in 1931)

What was there before? 

• Like 1

acute
22 minutes ago, Piney said:

What was there before? 

I don't know, to be honest.

On the 1888 map, it looks like farmland or fields. It was an old lane, connecting several farms to the mill.

It's on a prominent local hill called Barnes Hill (a defendable position during conflict) but I'm not sure what was there in the past.

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

stereologist
3 hours ago, Piney said:

What was there before? 

A Druid cemetery of course

• Haha 2

ThereWeAreThen

Every town in the UK seems to be "the UKs most haunted town". Christ my town has been on live tv before.:lol:

• Haha 1

Matt221

A few years ago I fished Severn islands lake can't say I saw or felt much paranormal activity having said that it's possible a drowning did take place back in the day kids used to swim there

https://images.app.goo.gl/K8wit2pwou4dEGWM6

Just as a footnote I had a few small carp, tench, etc only to learn a little while later the lake was drained and many fish just left in the mud

• Like 1