Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Free energy solutions

TrumanB

16 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

In what function do you think I could be of assistance?

The function of debunking unscientific ideology, I would but I'm honestly too busy. We had our third Babo five weeks ago. I come here now for some alone time.

Also you are cool, and I love you.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Also you are cool, and I love you.

Thanks, I'm flattered. Right back at ya!

12 minutes ago, danydandan said:

The function of debunking unscientific ideology,

I skimmed the thread, and it seems to be about an "eternity machine". A mechanical setup that produces perpetual energy. Right?

But energy does not come out of nowhere. It has to have a source. Like the sun. Or the wind, or falling water. Even nuclear fission.

I've had ideas that (in my mind) might be able to drag energy from gravity. It is very unlikely to be possible, but I'd like to see it tried, before totally dismissing it,

And that's the alpha and omega of ideas. Experiments! Try it! Don't talk about it, show it! You might surprise us all! But until then, don't bother trying to convince us that energy can come out of nowhere,

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Most patent offices don't accept patents for "over-unity" (e.g. perpetual motion) machines. 

I'm wondering why. I read somewhere that 95% of patents do not find their path to the market.

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

I'm wondering why. I read somewhere that 95% of patents do not find their path to the market.

Because the patent office is not a venue where they judge items on merit or ability to make tons of money - and they do NOT test the patents to ensure they work as claimed..  They generally only give them a basic check to see if they make some sort of sense.  In many countries, even that check is cursory or non-existent.

And that is a different question entirely - over-unity claims are just dumb, and have been proven NOT to work over many centuries.  So if someone makes another dumb claim that is similar to previous ones, then the patent judges are justified in not accepting them.

Again, I would point out that FREE energy is NOT the same as over-unity.  There are lots of economically free energy systems, like solar/wind.  They are 'free' as in you don't pay for the energy input, but they are NOT over-unity, nor are they perpetual motion....

Yeah, this topic is about over-unity and perpetuum mobile. Well, I guess that it will remain just a dream.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:13 AM, Rlyeh said:

Your idea hasn't achieve anything, genius.

Well you would need access to tax payer money to achieve that dream. I gave the idea so someone else can do it.

5 hours ago, brian100 said:

Well you would need access to tax payer money to achieve that dream. I gave the idea so someone else can do it.

No you wouldn't need tax payer money.  You've offered your uneducated opinion.

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

No you wouldn't need tax payer money.  You've offered your uneducated opinion.

Nothing wrong with using a vacuum hose to move ocean above a turbine and dropping it thru with the weight of gravity to spin the turbine.

6 minutes ago, brian100 said:

Nothing wrong with using a vacuum hose to move ocean above a turbine and dropping it thru with the weight of gravity to spin the turbine.

And completely pointless.  More energy is required to move the water than what is generated.

There is energy everywhere we 'just' have to find a way to utilize it :D