Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Staring into someone's eyes can induce OBEs

UM-Bot

8 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

It turns out that staring into someone's eyes for ten minutes can induce an altered state of consciousness.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/330308/staring-into-someones-eyes-can-induce-obes

Nice, but when I stare in a woman`s eyes I dont want to give her an out of body experience.

I`d prefer an out of her clothes experience lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Haha 9

Nice find, but L Ron Hubbard scooped you:

https://uncertaintist.wordpress.com/2015/10/29/practical-magic-for-you-and-a-friend-this-halloween/

(but the post is not only about Scientology... there's also a link to my nominee for the sweetest video on all of Youtube).

Here's lookin' at you, kid :)

Edited by eight bits
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Having eye contact for more than 6 seconds without looking away or blinking reveals the desire to for either sex or murder.

Depends on who's going to murder who?

Or it could be someone day dreaming, ive had times when people had that blank expression looking my way, and ive done it myself lol.

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Depends on who's going to murder who?

It doesn't really matter in most cases. 

So... if you only stare for 5 minutes does that induce an MBE?

• Like 2

@UM-Bot you’re drunk. 

The article is titled ‘Staring Into Someone's Eyes For 10 Minutes Can Induce Altered State of Consciousness’.

It’s about disassociation. 

The only time OBE was mentioned was: ‘Not only did the deceptively simple task bring on strange 'out of body' experiences’...

Notice how OBE is in quotation marks?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It turns out that staring into someone's eyes for ten minutes can induce an altered state of consciousness.

Incredibly, this simple task induced what many described as 'out-of-body experiences' as well as bizarre hallucinations of family members and even monsters.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/330308/staring-into-someones-eyes-can-induce-obes

Many ? There was only 20 volunteers.

But he has done a few of these experiments.

It seems to boil down to the imagination combined with optical illusions.

time started to lose its meaning after a while. Sometimes, the young couple felt as if they were looking at things from outside their own bodies. Other times, it seemed as if each moment contained a lifetime.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/illusion-chasers/locking-eyes-with-a-monster/

Like staring at a dot for a certain amount of time.

The illusion is called "negative afterimage" and caused by cells located in the eyes, called ganglions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.*** blocked ***/news/weird/588055/Magic-picture-Stare-dot-blue-woman-s-face-see-stunning-beauty-appear-full-optical/amp

I wonder if he had changed the lighting would it had brought on different thoughts?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Staring into someone's eyes can induce OBEs

Women say I have this effect on them :innocent:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Women say I have this effect on them :innocent:

They are not having an out of body experience, they are saying 'get me out of here" . :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Or the high risk level of a knuckel sandwich with some extra ham and cheese.

• Haha 2

Was there a control group that stared at anything else for ten minutes like say a rose bush, or a picture of Donald Trump's face?

On 9/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, UM-Bot said:

an altered state of fkin boredom more like! 

wow, i study needed for this, Hypnotists have know this for years...

This probably isn't too dissimilar than staring at a mirror for the same amount of time. With the same stimulation the brain starts to 'short circuit' and you see distorted faces and 'demons', etc. Scrying 101. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 4:43 AM, aztek said:

naw, i used to play staring game with my sister for much longer than 10 min.when we were kids, never had any obe, neither of us. 

That’s kinda strange. Care to elaborate?

If someone stares into my eyes too long I get creeped out or wonder if I have something in my teeth.