Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who decides what we should say to aliens ?

UM-Bot

I think who ever they approach first is going to get to decide what to say to them.  :lol:  If they are smart enough to get to our planet for what ever reason, they will be smart enough not to go to any government leader.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

I like the results

The results indicated that the most popular opinion, with 39% of the vote, was to leave the decision of how to respond to extraterrestrial visitors up to members of the scientific community

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think who ever they approach first is going to get to decide what to say to them.  :lol:  If they are smart enough to get to our planet for what ever reason, they will be smart enough not to go to any government leader.

They're gonna spend an hour on youtube, and then leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Please Dont Eat Us should decide what to say to the aliens.  He's right here on this forum......or used to be.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

They're gonna spend an hour on youtube, and then leave.

That's if they don't change their mind before getting here, as our television and radio may be out there for them to litsten and watch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's if they don't change their mind before getting here, as our television and radio may be out there for them to litsten and watch.

I wouldn't worry about those. They'd probably stick around long enough to see how Dallas, Dynasty, Beverly Hills 90201 and Game of Thrones ends.

And then they'd say:

- Take us to your leader!
- You mean the orange guy? No, that's a really bad idea! How about the pope?

• Haha 4

Probably one of the people would be Mazlan Othman

I've also heard that the US government has David Brinn selected.  He's sane enough to believe that would never happen.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would say...... "Please don't subject me to extensive probing and medical testing"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It depends on what their intentions are. If they're peaceful then yes, I agree with scientists greeting them. However, if they're hostile and intent on killing then I'd like to see Kanye West put forward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

As long as its not trump, then we all should be good xD

Edited by AstralHorus
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

As long as its not trump, then we all should be good xD

How can we tell if Trump is lying?

His lips move!

• Haha 2

I don't know if they came up here I would think that some form of offering like blazing a doobie and passing around the screech just to set the mood and get down to business.;)

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

From the same study..

Men 40% more likely to initiate conversation with an alien, Oxford study finds

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/10/men-40-likely-initiate-conversation-alien-oxford-study-finds/

Men more enthusiastic about talking to aliens

https://www.timesandstar.co.uk/news/national/17893050.anybody-men-enthusiastic-talking-aliens/

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I don't know if they came up here I would think that some form of offering like blazing a doobie and passing around the screech just to set the mood and get down to business.;)

jmccr8

tenor.gif?itemid=9215266

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well most likely we will be sending them radio transmissions before they land.  The big three or four nations will probably overpower the smaller transmissions.

I predict they will all broadcast thew same signal:  "The other transmissions are lies, do not trust them.  Land here."

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Take us to your leader!
- You mean the orange guy?

oh boy, i can see it now he would offer them 9 holes and breakfast 20% off at mar-go largo and be upset that they didnt want to probe him, but claim to the press they badly wanted to probe him.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

seems like this topic was brought up on the forum before oxford ever got to it.

More over the question should probably be what makes anyone think another advance species would want to talk to humanity to begin with. It would be like anyone from this point in time, going back in time to the time of cavemen .

An then what really is there to talk about to begin with ? The b.s cliches of life I suppose. I just do not see communicating or mixing humans with another intelligent race as being anything worth while, when humanity barely speaks to each other on a neighborly level to begin with. An to imagine how ever religious and political leader would be tripping over themselves and foaming at the mouth to be the first to speak, is even worse to imagine.

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

It would be like anyone from this point in time, going back in time to the time of cavemen .

if this were possible i think it would be fascinating to communicate with them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think I would say, please take me to your leader.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would ask them if they have been here before, and laugh my ass off if the answer was No.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1