Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Female soccer fan self-immolates in Iran

Eldorado

maybe if women rights group, and SJW actually were where they're needed, maybe she wouldn't have to kill herself, and females would be allowed to watch games.  why aren't they in iran protesting????   this death is on their hands, they failed her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

maybe if women rights group, and SJW actually were where they're needed, maybe she wouldn't have to kill herself, and females would be allowed to watch games.  why aren't they in iran protesting????   this death is on their hands, they failed her.

Nah its on Trump's heads. They cant be there to help because of the sanctions. :D

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah its on Trump's heads. They cant be there to help because of the sanctions. :D

All is well... 'cause- "out there on the perimeter, you iz STONED IMMACULATE :w00t:

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, and then said:

All is well... 'cause- "out there on the perimeter, you iz STONED IMMACULATE :w00t:

That emote suits your posting style. Constantly outraged with a large dollop of misinformed opinions. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

That emote suits your posting style. Constantly outraged with a large dollop of misinformed opinions. 

I love you too man...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, aztek made a very good point. And AT is out off his pills again so forgive him.

Sucks that women are treated that way. I always say the radical religious have no place in any society, ANY religious nutcase.

So sorry for the young women.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, odas said:

Well, aztek made a very good point. And AT is out off his pills again so forgive him.

Sucks that women are treated that way. I always say the radical religious have no place in any society, ANY religious nutcase.

So sorry for the young women.

It's not only the radical religious.  Picture this, the world is currently dominated by three superpowers.  Two are full blown murderous dictatorships and the third is led by a rich and spolied, self centred hypocrite who has total disregard for anyone that doesn't fit the elites profile.  Most suck hole countries in the world bow their heads and lower their panties to the desires of these three amigos.  Then you have the two energy power sources of the 21st century run by extreme religious nutjobs who force their population (and their surrounding allies) to believe in something written 1400 years ago for political interests.

I blame it on the Greeks for inventing politics in the first place. :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aztek said:

maybe if women rights group, and SJW actually were where they're needed, maybe she wouldn't have to kill herself, and females would be allowed to watch games.  why aren't they in iran protesting????

no protesting is allowed. :(  But yeah I know what you mean.  She must've felt that football game was worth dying for though. :( 

• Like 3

Or how bad the prison system is, was she worried about a fate worse than death?  Would she have cone out prison unscathed?

• Like 5

Just now, glorybebe said:

Or how bad the prison system is, was she worried about a fate worse than death?  Would she have cone out prison unscathed?

She probably would've been thrown in prison which would be absolutely hell in itself or perhaps stoned to death.  It's so awful over there. :( 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

no protesting is allowed. :(  But yeah I know what you mean.  She must've felt that football game was worth dying for though. :( 

Really sad. Maybe she had other problems and the football was the catalyst. Either way religious societies are just wrong.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I quoted the below in another thread:

So this is what Iran is guilty of according to Human Rights (NGO's, UN..) link

The state of human rights in the Islamic Republic of Iran has been criticized both by Iranians and international human right activists, writers, and NGOs. The United Nations General Assembly and the Human Rights Commission[1] have condemned prior and ongoing abuses in Iran in published critiques and several resolutions. The government of Iran is criticized both for restrictions and punishments that follow the Islamic Republic's constitution and law, and for actions by state actors that do not, such as the torture, rape, and killing of political prisoners, and the beatings and killings of dissidents and other civilians.[2] Capital punishment in Iran remains a matter of international concern.

Restrictions and punishments in the Islamic Republic of Iran which violate international human rights norms include harsh penalties for crimes, punishment of victimless crimes such as fornication and homosexuality, execution of offenders under 18 years of age, restrictions on freedom of speech and the press (including the imprisonment of journalists), and restrictions on freedom of religion and gender equality in the Islamic Republic's Constitution (especially attacks on members of the Bahá'í religion).

Seems like anything goes in prisons there, rape, torture, beatings killings..... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Constantly outraged

I think you may be projecting again, Hank.  That emoji is about over the top laughter.  Not outrage.  I rarely let anyone here get me outraged.  You've certainly never come close ;)   As to being misinformed, I'm sure we all are at times.  The difference is that I usually admit it when I am.  A lot of you guys have feet of clay and glass jaws.

The UN HRC would have commented, but they where too busy writing their latest finding against oppression of women in Israel ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Everything which followed after this tragic loss might hasten the change which is already seen as coming in Iran. Football clubs had minute of silence for Sahar and step by step it resulted in strong message shared across Tehran and other parts of Iran with some clubs even going as far as proposing boycott until woman's are allowed to be on stadiums.

This case was quite surprising to me, especially since government has already allowed, like watching national team where both genders were together and not acting towards changed fashion style of Iranian woman. That has resulted in changes and new generation of Iranians are already living differently than those before them.

Everyone overlooked this and there are many more examples of how life in Iran looks like, far from usual stereotypes.

Anyhow i restrain from talking about anyone's internal politics because it is easy to shout from a far and it's hard to be informed properly as this story surely points out.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

As i said in my earlier post here, and here is an update for that. Iran has allowed woman on football stadiums, decision which was in the process of being legislated and slowly given to people. Now was it the result of FIFA pressure or was it the result of changing environment in Iran?

All of this was the reason why i was surprised by this sad end of young woman, just on doorstep of being able to do what she wanted and what she was forbidden to.

Regardless of that - Iranian government could have done more to prevent loss of life here but the same (or similar) cases of suicide (also by self immolation) were not so rare elsewhere in the world either, after doing some research about it i find it all striking.

LINK to article on euronews regarding FIFA and Iran. Things are never simple, aren't they...

Quote from article : ''

Infantino said a FIFA delegation was now in Iran. "I am looking forward to hearing good news from them," he added.

A spokesman for the Iranian government, Ali Rabiei, said: "We believe that women can enter stadiums, but I am sure you agree that a portion of society are worried about their presence. Our upcoming game is with Cambodia, and women will be present. Their presence will increase step by step."''

So, for now we can expect that partial allowance will happen but it might take a long time for full implementation of this change. If Rouhani lose to hardliners (and failure of JCPOA and to lift sanctions could make him lose) then i see a great possibility of Iran going back to time of full restrictions. I just hope that this lost life won't became political weapon.

• Thanks 1