Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts of the world's largest cemetery

Eldorado

"For many Shia Muslims across the globe, Wadi-us-Salaam, or Valley of Peace, the world's largest cemetery 150km south of Baghdad, is the most highly coveted final resting place, settled next to the Shrine of Imam Ali, the first of 12 Shia imams.

"But for the gravediggers who work at the site, among the remains of five million Muslims - including those killed in Iraq's successive wars, say the profession can be hazardous.

""One day, a shadow sneaked up behind me and hit my head violently, leaving me badly injured. I no longer walk straight and feel like the ghost still haunts my body," former gravedigger Haider al-Hatemi, 26, told Al Jazeera, describing an odd creature locally nicknamed Tantal, Bzebza or Ghreria."

Full article at al Jazeera: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/gravediggers-claim-ghosts-haunt-world-largest-cemetery-iraq-190909194529119.html

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

oh, my.

• Like 3

Used continuously for 1400 years? 5 million burials. What are the chances nothing paranormal ever occurs?

Here's a part I found most interesting:  "I saw it at night, jumping from grave to grave to feed on freshly buried bodies."  Clairvoyant sources tell us that the 'etheric double' of a person stays with the physical body after death and slowly disintegrates. The 'etheric double' has also been called the energy body and 'vehicle of vitality'. Prana energy circulates through chakra points in this body so this makes sense that an entity could draw energy from this (which is why fresher bodies would be of greater interest). 

Papameter: 90% Chance Wadi-us-Salaam is a place of increased paranormal activity

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I shouldn't have laughed, but I did. Have never before read such wonderfully imaginative stories. 

The one where the corpse slaps the gravedigger was absolutely hilarious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

""One day, a shadow sneaked up behind me and hit my head violently, leaving me badly injured. I no longer walk straight and feel like the ghost still haunts my body," former gravedigger Haider al-Hatemi, 26, told Al Jazeera, describing an odd creature locally nicknamed Tantal, Bzebza or Ghreria."

a real assault from a neighborhoodlum? making it up for attention? or perhaps just mentally ill, easier to blame some outside evil entinty, then its not his fault.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brian100 said:

My theory is ghost are people who go marooned by God in dimensional time not in the present time.

So, "god" must have had a reason to maroon them.  Do you think it is like that show In Between?  People have to be really good or they need help to get out of being stuck as ghosts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, brian100 said:

My theory is ghost are people who go marooned by God in dimensional time not in the present time.

hum, so this God you worship will turn his back on you, sad, very sad.

• Thanks 1

perhaps cemetery size is the catch, in the 90s my gmother passed in her early 90s, i was also in a bad relationship and would take off to be alone, i gravited to her cemetery, most times it was late in the day  the place was about .25 x .25 mile size,

near where my gma was they had an entry structure, and many times i would fall asleep there if not in my car, the grounds keeper got to know me so he ignored me mostly,

many times i would wake late at night and sometimes it might be called spooky but thats a mindset, i found tranquility

never not once did i have any type of haunting, i even asked the grounds keeper who lived on site like 40 years, he said nothing, he even said people make up ghosts.

so like i keep saying if you have issues with haunts no need to call ghostbusters or tangina just be a skeptic, its worked for me.

If ghosts actually exist, why would they be hanging around a cemetery anyway? That has never made sense to me. A ghost would be where they died, or where they lived, or around people they loved, ETC...not by a random patch of ground next to their rotting body.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 3

On 9/10/2019 at 8:12 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I shouldn't have laughed, but I did. Have never before read such wonderfully imaginative stories. 

The one where the corpse slaps the gravedigger was absolutely hilarious.

Oh right, like you’ve never been slapped by a corpse before. 

:P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brian100 said:

Maybe the ghost turned his back on God.

not what you said,

On 9/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, brian100 said:

you are saying God turned his back to them, now go ahead with a hand waving song and dance how they deserved it,

would you please post bible verses supporting your claims.....

On 9/12/2019 at 11:59 PM, the13bats said:

not what you said,

you are saying God turned his back to them, now go ahead with a hand waving song and dance how they deserved it,

would you please post bible verses supporting your claims.....

Well technically he really didn’t say either. Just didn’t give enough information. Maybe God “marooned” LoL, them, because they turned their backs on God. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well technically he really didn’t say either. Just didn’t give enough information. Maybe God “marooned” LoL, them, because they turned their backs on God. 

after his trolling out with the elf video hoax i put him on ignore,

i guess i just found it odd that people worship a god who they feel will turn back on them maroon them, like a worship thru fear of reprisals.

i likely missed the point.