Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I've no idea what this is

Dejarma

Strange Light

This is the only piece of footage I find strange.. The only one I can't explain within reason... Well so far anyway.

too early for home CGI..

There was much talk about it at the time.

Ball lightning maybe?

I've no idea what it is. It's baffled me for over 25 years.. oh well

Edited by Dejarma

95 isn't too early for home CGI. Graphics was coming out in the late 70's... and CGI was part of photo/media classes in my high school in the late 80's/early 90's. I wasn't good at it, but we had a guy in our group that was very good at it.

I'm finding it a bit more odd that the title says it's CCTV footage, but the camera isn't still like a CCTV should be- it moves/follows like someone holding a video camera.

Edit to add... seems like the comment under the video indicates the object is a sky lantern....

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, rashore said:

95 isn't too early for home CGI. Graphics was coming out in the late 70's.

of course but I'm talking more on the lines of someone in 95 creating a hoax using available software that anyone can use with a bit of practice like we've had for a while now.

It could be CGI but it's unlikely IMO

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

Strange Light

This is the only piece of footage I find strange.. The only one I can't explain within reason... Well so far anyway.

too early for home CGI..

There was much talk about it at the time.

Ball lightning maybe?

I've no idea what it is. It's baffled me for over 25 years.. oh well

My fiance gets mad when I suggest this is how we got our kids.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, rashore said:

Edit to add... seems like the comment under the video indicates the object is a sky lantern....

:tu:

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

Ball lightning maybe?

It looks like a Chinese floating lantern.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

:tu:

It looks like a Chinese floating lantern.

yes it does but why would it move around at low altitude & rise later on?

The fake starts here:

ufo on cctv at Dusseldorf 1995 Footage Long Version

The cam isnt mounted, its guided by a person.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, toast said:

The fake starts here:

The cam isnt mounted, its guided by a person.

yep, it seems like someone in the control room spotted it & tracked it manually 

14 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

of course but I'm talking more on the lines of someone in 95 creating a hoax using available software that anyone can use with a bit of practice like we've had for a while now.

It could be CGI but it's unlikely IMO

Yeah, I'm talking about in 90/91 there were kids doing that on available computers and software. The guy in our group was able to photoshop ghosts into woods, castles into the sky, and was really good at it. We all had to learn the basic editing software for the classes, but most of us weren't good or didn't care so long as there was at least one kid good at it. The OP video isn't CGI, but I know full well that the tec was available and regular people were able to make such videos.

The sky lantern makes sense. It gets drifted back and forth a bit and then seems to hit an updraft.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rashore said:

The guy in our group was able to photoshop ghosts into woods, castles into the sky, and was really good at it.

yeah sure with still photos but this is <video footage> not photo manipulation & the "tracking software" wasn't available for everyone to use in 95, i'm not sure if tracking tech was even around then...

38 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yep, it seems like someone in the control room spotted it & tracked it manually 

No. It can be seen in the beginning of the vid (00:00 - 00:05) that the horizontal axis tilts and thats not the movement pattern of a remote controlled cctv cam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm going to say that it was a PTZ camera because a lot of the shots of the object are off center and I think someone with a handheld camera would've kept the object more or less center frame. It also would explain some of the jerky movements vertical and horizontal. JMO

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, toast said:

No. It can be seen in the beginning of the vid (00:00 - 00:05) that the horizontal axis tilts and thats not the movement pattern of a remote controlled cctv cam.

yep got it- i agree, cheers;)

11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah sure with still photos but this is <video footage> not photo manipulation & the "tracking software" wasn't available for everyone to use in 95, i'm not sure if tracking tech was even around then...

Tracking software isn't required for the video trick. Just the photoshop software. The camerman uses a video camera and moves it like they are tracking something- then the video was loaded up into the computer and whatever object is added in to the video footage as the object being tracked. Like taking a shot panning around in an empty sky, then later the flying castle was edited in using photoshot stuff.

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Tracking software isn't required for the video trick. Just the photoshop software. The camerman uses a video camera and moves it like they are tracking something- then the video was loaded up into the computer and whatever object is added in to the video footage as the object being tracked. Like taking a shot panning around in an empty sky, then later the flying castle was edited in using photoshot stuff.

yeah with static footage but tracking software is needed when the camera is moving around, as in this footage

I remember seeing this video years ago. I don't know what it is, but it is interesting to watch. Good find D

intriguing video and from the start it really has a staged hoax feel to me,

i dont know CGI but i do know RC and it moves very much like an rc blimp or chopper, i get the feel the light is making a smaller object look larger,

i have no clue what it actually is so it really is a UFO but i see zero to suggest aliens or anything paranormal otherwordly

One commentator from youtube wrote: -  FAKE ! This is in Mannheim/Germany and I´m self has this with a old VHS-videocamera recorded and shown not more as a sky lantern! This thing was filmed from the TV-tower in Mannheim. Now I see this YT-clip first time again.

Anyway, my first thought after seeing this video would definitely not be 'wow, this must had been an alien craft'. I want some real stuff! :geek:

Edited by TrumanB

27 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I want some real stuff

a lot of us do and we wait and it never comes.

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I see the quality of ufo footage hasn't changed in all this time.:tu:

craptastic, grainy, overexposed, blurry etc ( worthless ) video is all we have, fodder for the gullible bftb, give the thread a bit longer to ripen someone will hail it as smoking gun aliens are here and have been here and how angry and threatened we are by this undeniable proof.

:sleepy:

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

a lot of us do and we wait and it never comes.

craptastic, grainy, overexposed, blurry etc ( worthless ) video is all we have, fodder for the gullible bftb, give the thread a bit longer to ripen someone will hail it as smoking gun aliens are here and have been here and how angry and threatened we are by this undeniable proof.

:sleepy:

to me, it doesn't matter how clear the footage is. In this case, I've always wondered what it was. Just out of curiosity.

Of course, I do not feel there's anything weird & wonderful going on but I first see this footage when I was a staunch, unmovable believer- & it's always stayed with me.

Cheers & Peace bats.;)

dej...

• Like 1

I don't know what it is in the first 12 seconds, but once the camera cuts at 13 sec, the rest of the video is clearly some sort of sky lantern.

7 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I don't know what it is in the first 12 seconds, but once the camera cuts at 13 sec, the rest of the video is clearly some sort of sky lantern.

yeah, i agree- or something like that;)

Edit to add:

though i'm still wondering why (whatever it is) is as bright as the powered lights? oh well

Edited by Dejarma

29 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah, i agree- or something like that;)

Edit to add:

though i'm still wondering why (whatever it is) is as bright as the powered lights? oh well

it is a great video better than a lot of them, and like #1 stated it might be edited, one would ask why,

today in the rc hobby world it wouldnt be hard to reproduce that video really well even with the bright light, its not really doing much to drain the powwr quickly,

but in 95 batteries were not where they are today choppers worth flying were still nitro powered, which i cant rule out in this case,

a sky lantern has very little lift, they do okay carrying the fire, not much more, 

this thing just has the feel to me of a nice rc blimp, but they do not do well at,all with any breeze,

unless someone comes forward with proof the coolest part of this one is it goes in the unexplained folder, no way to prove anything with what we have so far.