Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Native American slave owners

Eldorado

40 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The stupid thing is slavery has NEVER been about black vs white.  The british slavers stole people off the streets of London and Dublin and sold them to plantaion owners in the islands.  They didn't start trading in African slaves until everyone else was doing it.  Some groups in Africa sold others from different groups in Africa to the slavers.  It has never had anything to do with ancestry or the how dark your skin is.  It has always been about profit.   The greeks enslaved their enemies, the romans enslaved people from every country they conquered, the Aztecs also had slaves. 

Whole villages in England were captured as slaves, this was a very different type of slave trade as the girls were destined for the sex markets of Islam, often not mentioned is the millions of little black girls forced marched across the desert to be poked and prodded by old men in these markets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Piney said:

CNO Cherokees are still racist. They disowned their Freeman who have more Indian blood than they do. They hate Eastern tribes and always mess with us because of our Black blood. 

On top of the fact that the CNO has it's own KKK and they are so washed out and acculturalated, they are just white trash with Indian endowments.

And still everyone wants or claim to be a Cherokee,The very first contract I got with the AIM through was through a female Cherokee, she was lovely but blinded by the crap Russel means spewed out even though he was an Oglala Lakota, she adored him, I never heard from her after the contract. 

Damn I mentioned the Lakota.. I know how much you respect them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

And still everyone wants or claim to be a Cherokee,

In the southern US there was a lot of mixing with other races. People that don't actually know, like E. Warren, still make that claim. On the other hand, people are still alive today who knew my husband's grandmother, who was full-blooded Cherokee. It has become such a farce my husband never mentions it. It really used to upset his mother, who was very fond of her mother and the heritage.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

In the southern US there was a lot of mixing with other races. People that don't actually know, like E. Warren, still make that claim. On the other hand, people are still alive today who knew my husband's grandmother, who was full-blooded Cherokee. It has become such a farce my husband never mentions it. It really used to upset his mother, who was very fond of her mother and the heritage.

We should always be proud of our heritage. I have to deal with Scottish and Irish blood in me also, in fact I have Irish ancestry but I can't even go to Northern Ireland again but that's another story lol 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

We should always be proud of our heritage. I have to deal with Scottish and Irish blood in me also, in fact I have Irish ancestry but I can't even go to Northern Ireland again but that's another story lol 

I loved going to see where my family is from in County Cork. We flew into Dublin and drove around the southern coast to Galway. I wish we'd had a couple of more weeks, but we got to hear the scoop from locals when they found out my maiden name. The Irish certainly have the gift of gab. lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

The stupid thing is slavery has NEVER been about black vs white.  The british slavers stole people off the streets of London and Dublin and sold them to plantaion owners in the islands.  They didn't start trading in African slaves until everyone else was doing it.  Some groups in Africa sold others from different groups in Africa to the slavers.  It has never had anything to do with ancestry or the how dark your skin is.  It has always been about profit.   The greeks enslaved their enemies, the romans enslaved people from every country they conquered, the Aztecs also had slaves. 

My Black ancestor Anthony Pierce (He was actually mixed with Arawak),  was a ship owning slave trader. Another ancestor was a Black-Nanticoke plantation owner in Delaware who owned other Blacks and Indians as slaves. (Johnson).

It was only made into a "race" thing after the Civil War. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

It was only made into a "race" thing after the Civil War. 

What do you expect? That's all they have been teaching in schools for about 40 years. The distorting of history is truly disturbing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Michelle said:

What do you expect? That's all they have been teaching in schools for about 40 years. The distorting of history is truly disturbing.

:lol: Forty years?  Is that how old you are?  They have been teaching it since the civil war was taught in public school.  And of course history is distorted.  In the 50's Custer was still a hero.  It was taught in school.  Now you might only know who Custer is if you watch old westerns on TV.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

:lol: Forty years?  Is that how old you are?  They have been teaching it since the civil war was taught in public school.  And of course history is distorted.  In the 50's Custer was still a hero.  It was taught in school.  Now you might only know who Custer is if you watch old westerns on TV.

:lol: That's about how long ago I was in school. Of course, I know who Custer was. I don't ever remember it being taught in school, but I do read a lot. No, I don't like old westerns since Bonanza with Michael Landon went off the air...humma humma... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

:lol: That's about how long ago I was in school. Of course, I know who Custer was. I don't ever remember it being taught in school, but I do read a lot. No, I don't like old westerns since Bonanza with Michael Landon went off the air...humma humma... ;)

Well, I had kids by the time you were in school then.  The history books that we had in the 2 room school house that I went to were from the city school's trash bins so they were very old and they had custer as a hero in them.  The city schools history books had no mention of custer.  Our teacher was from old conquistador and native ancestry and she did NOT allow us to read about custer.  We got to read the first 3 chapters and then the books were taken away and we learned New Mexico history and the history of the spanish conquest of the south west, which was not in the curriculum until the 80's.  What is taught in history changes every time the schools get new books.  In the 70's I remember a bumper sticker that said "Custer died for your sins." and I was the only one my age who understood it.  :lol:

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Michelle said:

When a White professor at Rowan U. started the "Reparations for Slavery" B.S I showed up at her talk with a copy of my family history showing my slave ancestor, Cuffee Padget Cuff, who was owned by a Dutchman and documents showing my grandmother's tribe was raided all the way up to the Civil War.

I told her what a crock it was and then said if she was going through with it "Gimme my check b****!". :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

It always amazes me the eclectic group of people UM attracts. I suppose that's why I've been here all these years. 

We are taught about the local history in my area too. To get the full picture you have to do a lot of reading on your own though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I had a very hot curry last night and going to the bathroom (loo) this morning was like the start of 'Bonanza' i love westerns, playing cowboy and err native Americans when i was a kid was the best thing ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

When a White professor at Rowan U. started the "Reparations for Slavery" B.S I showed up at her talk with a copy of my family history showing my slave ancestor, Cuffee Padget Cuff, who was owned by a Dutchman and documents showing my grandmother's tribe was raided all the way up to the Civil War.

I told her what a crock it was and the:lol:n said if she was going through with it "Gimme my check b****!". :lol:

I would love to be there, at least once, when you give it to some white SJW for speaking for you. I'd be right there backing you up! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I would love to be there, at least once, when you give it to some white SJW for speaking for you. I'd be right there backing you up! :lol:

There's nothing like being tri-racial. I pick on them all and send the SJWs running. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

There's nothing like being tri-racial. I pick on them all and send the SJWs running. :whistle:

Yeah, but lately, they are calling any ethnicity, even blacks, a white supremacist for wearing a red Make America Great Again hat. They've stepped it up quite a bit from just calling them an Uncle Tom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

There is only one human race on planet earth.  You have ancestors from multiple continents.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah, but lately, they are calling any ethnicity, even blacks, a white supremacist for wearing a red Make America Great Again hat. They've stepped it up quite a bit from just calling them an Uncle Tom.

Whomever "they" is just needs to be ignored.  Shunned maybe, it is just a ploy to get people to either argue, fight or agree, in other words attention seeking and being angry about something gets a lot of attention.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Whomever "they" is just needs to be ignored.  Shunned maybe, it is just a ploy to get people to either argue, fight or agree, in other words attention seeking and being angry about something gets a lot of attention.

The problem is, in certain cities, they are inciting violence. Doesn't fly in my area, but it's getting rather regular in others. I worry about the people caught up in it.

• Like 4

The Arabs slave trade was prominent from the Middle Ages til the 20th century.  link

No race or color was spared.  The Turks during the Ottoman era were also renown for invading and raiding coasts in Europe and using captured women as sexual slaves back in their empire.  link

Blacks in Brazil and South America suffered the same fate as Blacks in America but the difference is that everybody in the US keeps talking about it and reminding Blacks their ancestors once were slaves while ignoring this affected everyone at some time in history.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I pick on them all and send the SJWs running.

What, no stairs to push them down? :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1