Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mistakes in Quran?

Davros of Skaro

Does Quran contain miraculous knowledge?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Does Quran contain miraculous knowledge?

• Yes: It's self evident
    • No: it refutes it's self
    • Maybe: It depends on how it's translated
    • Don't know, or care
    • Is this a joke?

4 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

But if your a really good Muslim you can watch the people in hell being tortured and according to Mohammed hell is full of women.

Does a really good person enjoy watching women being tortured?  Seems like a nightmare to me, more inspired by a demon than a benevolent god.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

You have ginger Jinn possession in your heart. Come to peace. Yes.

It's like Fonejacker has invaded the phorum

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Does a really good person enjoy watching women being tortured?  Seems like a nightmare to me, more inspired by a demon than a benevolent god.

We could dismiss it by saying it was different times back then the only problem is there'll be no new testament the Quran and hadith is as relevant today as it was then.  

• Like 1

Davros.... everyone knows that Islam is just another religion based on dopamine. Except it is basically just for the men... :blink:

However, you've convinced me with your solid responses and I'm converting in the morning. I'll be known as Diechecker the Submissive (Muslim) after this thread. :innocent:

I didn't mark a choice as I didnt see one that fit my feeling for the Quran. I think Maybe is closest, because the Quran does hold knowledge of Jesus. Most of its supernatural claims are... subject to.... uh... interpretation. :devil:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Young men should take head,

Yeah, they usually do... :ph34r:

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Considering god is jealous of other gods, who's to say that the god of the middle eastern faiths isn't a demon? It really looks like it.

• Like 2

1. Does Quran contain miraculous knowledge?

No.  And....the question contains a false premise.  There is no such thing as 'miraculous knowledge'.  Knowledge is what we 'know'.  Miraculous is what we 'believe' about what we 'think we know'.  

Muhammad was a man.  Jesus was a man.  Budda was a man.  We have no 'knowledge' of any god.  Only belief.  But we do have knowledge of the human species.  Unless absolutely provable...one cannot trust what any human says to be the actual truth, because Humans are a naive, gullible, and, not all that intelligent species on one planet in a universe containing trillions of galaxies.  Humans are narcissistic at heart and believe that the Earth is the reason that the entire universe exists.  So naive they are, they believe that in a universe of trillions of galaxies...they are the only life forms who can think.

Miraculous Knowledge?  Any human who trusts any other human about such matters can only be deemed a fool.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Considering god is jealous of other gods, who's to say that the god of the middle eastern faiths isn't a demon? It really looks like it.

I always find such Biblical scriptures interesting, as they definitely imply other gods are as real as Yahwah.

Exodus 20:3-5 King James Version (KJV)

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Note it does not say, "... no false gods...", it says "other" gods.

In Christian doctrine, I believe all other gods are considered demons, or the Enemy himself. The god of Islam... Though Islam apes Christianity to a degree... Seems to be such a Deceiver. If not simply a construct of Mohammed to give him false authority.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I always find such Biblical scriptures interesting, as they definitely imply other gods are as real as Yahwah.

Note it does not say, "... no false gods...", it says "other" gods.

In Christian doctrine, I believe all other gods are considered demons, or the Enemy himself. The god of Islam... Though Islam apes Christianity to a degree... Seems to be such a Deceiver. If not simply a construct of Mohammed to give him false authority.

Of course "other gods" are considered "demons". How can you have a monopoly on belief without making other belief systems the enemy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is a holy document like the Bible or anything. It’s good reading material for those with time. Translation errors exist everywhere and all through those old documents. The world from the past was much like it is now and lots happen while some interesting ruminations and musings and astrological wisdom gets written and re-written bymonks and dogmatic regimes and sex-trafficking schemes. It is the equivalent of writing on walls. Of the real world. Jokes, reminders of the past, far out tales, facts, fictions, heroes, leaders, parables.

Edited by Skulduggery

19 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Yeah, they usually do... :ph34r:

Darn spellcheck. :unsure2:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, joc said:

No.  And....the question contains a false premise.  There is no such thing as 'miraculous knowledge'.  Knowledge is what we 'know'.  Miraculous is what we 'believe' about what we 'think we know'.  

So if one day out of the blue you get this idea on using sonic soundwaves that turns water into the same combustible state as gasoline? Not an idea formed over time. But specific information that involves precise timing with various frequency orders. It was complex, but you retained it like knowing your own name. A nagging feeling led you to consult an electrical engineer to construct it because this knowledge you lacked. It turned out it worked the first time around with no trial and error. It evolutionized the way we consume energy. 

Now if that really happened? Would not that be considered miraculous knowledge?

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Considering god is jealous of other gods, who's to say that the god of the middle eastern faiths isn't a demon? It really looks like.

Do demons warn people of consequences of error?

Quran (Pickthall)

"067.006 And for those who disbelieve in their Lord there is the doom of hell, a hapless journey's end! 
067.007 When they are flung therein they hear its roaring as it boileth up, 
067.008 As it would burst with rage. Whenever a (fresh) host is flung therein the wardens thereof ask them: Came there unto you no warner ? 
067.009 They say: Yea, verily, a warner came unto us; but we denied and said: Allah hath naught revealed; ye are in naught but a great error. 
067.010 And they say: Had we been wont to listen or have sense, we had not been among the dwellers in the flames"

5 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

So if one day out of the blue you get this idea on using sonic soundwaves that turns water into the same combustible state as gasoline? Not an idea formed over time. But specific information that involves precise timing with various frequency orders. It was complex, but you retained it like knowing your own name. A nagging feeling led you to consult an electrical engineer to construct it because this knowledge you lacked. It turned out it worked the first time around with no trial and error. It evolutionized the way we consume energy. 

Now if that really happened? Would not that be considered miraculous knowledge?

But....

....it didn't really happen.  It won't ever happen.  It isn't possible for that to happen.  

How about this....instead of speculative nonsense...why not demonstrate a real actual miracle...

..that's what I thought...:)

25 minutes ago, joc said:

But....

....it didn't really happen.  It won't ever happen.  It isn't possible for that to happen.  

How about this....instead of speculative nonsense...why not demonstrate a real actual miracle...

..that's what I thought...:)

How about the movie Highlander. An immortal can sense another immortal nearby without using the five senses. Would that be miraculous knowledge?

• Haha 2

On 9/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, Tatetopa said:

moreover....does a really good person enjoy torturing, beheading, and blowing up those that don't agree with how really good they are?

The Bible story is:

Abraham marries Sarah.  Sarah couldn't get preggo.  So Abraham gets their Egyptian servant Hagar pregnant.  She has a son named Ishmael.

Sarah does becomes pregnant and has a son named  Issac.   Hagar and Ishmael are eventually out there on there own.  Hagar petitions God and God promises her that out of Ishmael will come a Great Nation.  Hagar and Ishmael wind up in Arabia...and out of Ishmael comes ....the Arabs.

Hey I didn't make it up...it's in the Bible.  So....what you are left with is The Legitimate Son of Abraham  flash forward   ....   the Legitimate son of God....Jesus.

And then you have Ishmael...the illegitimate son of Hagar.   flash forward    ....   Muhammad.

Issac begets the legitimate religion of God.  Ishmael begets the illegitimate religion of God.

Again...hey I didn't make this up...ask anyone with a doctorate in theology and they will tell you that.

So here we are in 2019....still fighting the same war of the Ancients.  And why?  Because:

P E O P L E  are  S T U P I D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davros of Skaro said:

How about the movie Highlander. An immortal can sense another immortal nearby without using the five senses. Would that be miraculous knowledge?

Exactly!  THAT is miraculous knowledge.  Thank you!  

Summary folks:

Miraculous Knowledge only happens in the movies!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, joc said:

Exactly!  THAT is miraculous knowledge.  Thank you!  

Summary folks:

Miraculous Knowledge only happens in the movies!

So movies count, but not in hypothetical scenarios?

1gg8f1.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Davros of Skaro said:

So movies count, but not in hypothetical scenarios?

1gg8f1.jpg

Exactly!  See Hypothetical means it's just a theory one is speculating.  Movies are real!  See the difference?  I knew you would!

• Confused 1

Let me help dissolve your confusion.  Things we think about aren't really real.  But...if you pay actors to illustrate our thoughts on a screen...then they become real.  One might say that fantasy is fantasy...but I say...fantasy is only fantasy until it becomes....a movie from hollyworld...then it is reality. You're not getting this are you?  

...walks over to the only open register in Wal-mart ...where there is now a line of ten thousand...and falls on own sword....

48 minutes ago, joc said:

Let me help dissolve your confusion.  Things we think about aren't really real.  But...if you pay actors to illustrate our thoughts on a screen...then they become real.  One might say that fantasy is fantasy...but I say...fantasy is only fantasy until it becomes....a movie from hollyworld...then it is reality. You're not getting this are you?  

...walks over to the only open register in Wal-mart ...where there is now a line of ten thousand...and falls on own sword....

I can see that Theists do have some reasonable, and founded complaints about Atheist/Skeptics.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, joc said:

moreover....does a really good person enjoy torturing, beheading, and blowing up those that don't agree with how really good they are?

The Bible story is:

Abraham marries Sarah.  Sarah couldn't get preggo.  So Abraham gets their Egyptian servant Hagar pregnant.  She has a son named Ishmael.

Sarah does becomes pregnant and has a son named  Issac.   Hagar and Ishmael are eventually out there on there own.  Hagar petitions God and God promises her that out of Ishmael will come a Great Nation.  Hagar and Ishmael wind up in Arabia...and out of Ishmael comes ....the Arabs.

Hey I didn't make it up...it's in the Bible.  So....what you are left with is The Legitimate Son of Abraham  flash forward   ....   the Legitimate son of God....Jesus.

And then you have Ishmael...the illegitimate son of Hagar.   flash forward    ....   Muhammad.

Issac begets the legitimate religion of God.  Ishmael begets the illegitimate religion of God.

Again...hey I didn't make this up...ask anyone with a doctorate in theology and they will tell you that.

So here we are in 2019....still fighting the same war of the Ancients.  And why?  Because:

P E O P L E  are  S T U P I D

Sooooo, since Sarah was Abrahams sister, or first cousin,depending on the sources,  does it make the lineage of the second born an inbread?

35 minutes ago, odas said:

Sooooo, since Sarah was Abrahams sister, or first cousin,depending on the sources,  does it make the lineage of the second born an inbread?

What did he do with that lamb? With the sauces in bread... kebab!

A miracle!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

So if one day out of the blue you get this idea on using sonic soundwaves that turns water into the same combustible state as gasoline?

You might get that FLASH of genius, that gives you the kernel of an idea, but unless you were of a mind that dealt with such problems, like an engineer, I seriously doubt that you would have intimate knowledge of every step or equation.

Although it is claimed to occur when someone is writing a novel. "It came to me in a rush, and the story practically wrote itself", is often heard from authors.

However, I tend to believe it was the creative intelligence of the writer, rather than some cosmic muse, that let them create their works.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, joc said:

Movies are still just movies. There isn't literally a Star Wars Galaxy far far away...

Kinda confused by your reasoning here...

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked