Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hankenhunter

From the link

Trump is in denial, if his public comments are any indication. He says repeatedly, and falsely, that China is paying the tariffs, rather than Americans. :lol:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

From the link

Trump is in denial, if his public comments are any indication. He says repeatedly, and falsely, that China is paying the tariffs, rather than Americans. :lol:

Half this site is in denial saying the same damn thing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

compared with likely employment levels absent the trade war. That’s a combination of jobs eliminated by firms struggling with tariffs and other elements of the trade war, and jobs that would have been created but haven’t because of reduced economic activity.

So, Orange man BAD, steals jobs (that don't actually exist, per se) and the economy (He caused to BOOM) is slowing down while he yanks on Xi's short hairs?  I assume that means you guys are down with China doing what the hell ever it chooses and bleeding us to the tune of tens of billions on trade deals?  I can't tell if y'all are more supporters of the Middle Kingdom or just that ate-up with TDS.  

I'm an AMERICAN.  That's not a dirty word where I'm from.  If you think that makes me an ignorant hayseed hick or "hill people", I don't give a good damn.  I feel bad for you guys, actually.  It must be hell to live in a place you are disgusted by and impotent to change.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled biotch session by the young and relentlessly pessimistic  ;)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

So... jobs that never existed... never existed?? But should have... theoretically? Based on some leftist assumptions that they're probably not going to share?...

On 9/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, Black Red Devil said:

From the link

Trump is many things but never in the Nile.He is an incredibly underrated wheeler dealer. The way he negotiated with Mexico to pay absolutely nothing for the construction of the U.S. Mexico wall should put the fear of Buddha in the Chinese government. 

• Haha 6

From the article... 

"...That’s a combination of jobs eliminated by firms struggling with tariffs and other elements of the trade war, and jobs that would have been created but haven’t because of reduced economic activity..."

Could somebody explain to me how having import tarifs cause American companies to shed jobs, or refuse to create jobs ? 

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump is many things but never in the Nile.He is an incredibly underrated wheeler dealer. The way he negotiated with Mexico to pay absolutely nothing for the construction of the U.S. Mexico wall should put the fear of Buddha in the Chinese government. 

Didnt he increase tariffs? Are the tariffs more, or less then what has been spent on the wall?

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Didnt he increase tariffs? Are the tariffs more, or less then what has been spent on the wall?

Well sort of, he just made a threat and then flip flopped and cancelled it: https://www.npr.org/2019/06/08/730898401/trump-calls-off-tariffs-on-mexico

Furthuremore, NAFTA 2.0 is in the process of being ratified which is a free trade agreement.

So Mexico hasn't really paid for anything.

However, Trump hasn't built any new wall so the current bill is 0$  which he could argue that they paid in full.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Yes he did. So? China increased tariffs too. To the best of my knowledge none has been put aside for his wall from the tariffs. He’s dipped into the military’s budget. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yes he did. So? China increased tariffs too. To the best of my knowledge none has been put aside for his wall from the tariffs. He’s dipped into the military’s budget. 

Well about those tariffs..... Trump did a $12 billion dollar bailout for the farmers in 2018 and a $16 billion dollar bailout in 2019 so they wouldn't go bankrupt from his trade war.

Call me silly, but I am pretty sure that $28 billion would have paid for a considerable chunk of his dream wall.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Well about those tariffs..... Trump did a $12 billion dollar bailout for the farmers in 2018 and a $16 billion dollar bailout in 2019 so they wouldn't go bankrupt from his trade war.

Call me silly, but I am pretty sure that $28 billion would have paid for a considerable chunk of his dream wall.

Well to see the interviews and the farmers tell it, the money didn't necessarily go to the farmers that needed it most.  I don't imagine they appreciated Sonny Perdue calling them whiners either.

Does the press coverage lean toward the sensational or is there a lot of struggling in farm country.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well to see the interviews and the farmers tell it, the money didn't necessarily go to the farmers that needed it most.  I don't imagine they appreciated Sonny Perdue calling them whiners either.

Does the press coverage lean toward the sensational or is there a lot of struggling in farm country.?

It's not terrible yet.  Farming is heavily subsidized so the whole industry isn't in danger of collapse.  Bankruptcies and suicides are up though.  But Joe farmer didn't get the bulk of the money.  It went to the "corporate" farmers/owners.

Here's a recent snapshot of the issue from Iowa's point of view.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/15/760588429/we-re-tightening-our-belt-trump-s-midwest-support-tested-as-farmers-struggle

Edited by Gromdor
Added a link
  • Thanks 1