Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
brian100

Silver Dollars

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

brian100

Hi, 

Ever since JFK got rid of the real Silver money back in the 60's,  I've noticed the decline in wages (based in Silver) and a basic decline in American standard of living.

 

I bought like 1800 oz of Silver back in 2003 for $4.99 and in 2011 it bought my 1st house (in full).  Now the house is worth 15,000 Silver dollars.  And now that Silver is falling, I'm trying to get back the original oz that I had for another house when the market crashes again in 2020. I don't even have to work anymore I just flip Silver and Silver miners..

HL Silver recently fell to less than a Silver dime. And I picked that up too.

 

One day I hope they restore the American dream. There is no American dream without real money in the registers.

Edited by brian100
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
10 minutes ago, brian100 said:

when the market crashes again in 2020.

Needless to say, I hope you lose your ass if you're depending on an economic tragedy to occur for millions of others.  I get that business is business but, damn...

ETA:   By the way, welcome to UM!  I hope you enjoy your time here, it's a great site.

Edited by and then
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100

I'm a student of John Maynard Keyes, so I understand the business cycle.  In bad times you sell Silver... and in the good you buy it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, brian100 said:

I'm a student of John Maynard Keyes, so I understand the business cycle.  In bad times you sell Silver... and in the good you buy it.

I have no formal economic training but I don't doubt your premise.  I'm just saying that the way you expressed it sounded a little cold-blooded to me.  I think it's because I've heard other people in media or entertainment who have actually HOPED for a crash so that Trump will lose in 2020.  I don't care what a person's politics are, THAT is hateful to the point of being disgusting.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100

My Father took a family of 4 to Disneyland in the 70's when i was 5-6 on 20 Silver dollars. Nobody is paid in Silver dollars anymore so you can see what people have lost since.

$25 back then was a whole months groceries.  Which was closer to a tube of Silver Eagles.

When you're buying and selling you can't get emotional over it. The boom and bust happens even when the Silver is gone, and that's  why they took it away. They thought Silver and Gold were the reason everything went bust, and 2007 has changed that thinking.The bust happens when your house is filled to rim with junk.

 

I didn't initally believe i was going to get Silver and make so much. I was just trying to preserve what I saved.

eagles.jpg

Edited by brian100
add more
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

The problem with precious metals is that it's so easy .... to take yours. 

With digital currency, you can guard your assets with a simple 12 word phrase that you hold in your mind, or that your heirs can hold in theirs, upon your passing.  Then you can move around without any fear of losing your "precious."

 

 

 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100

Not really, all you you bury Silver Eagles under your house (figure of speech) using the profits from your Silver miner flips.  So to put it into perspective, say once Silver gets above $50 (2026) a new Silver bull market comes which drives the value up to $500 (the 1 months groceries I was talking about in the 70's) Say by 2040.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100
3 hours ago, and then said:

I have no formal economic training but I don't doubt your premise.  I'm just saying that the way you expressed it sounded a little cold-blooded to me.  I think it's because I've heard other people in media or entertainment who have actually HOPED for a crash so that Trump will lose in 2020.  I don't care what a person's politics are, THAT is hateful to the point of being disgusting.

No umm,  its only natural for people to get jealous b/c like you said they don't understand what it is. That's why I'm explaining it.  The losing part is always going to happen so you either get on the winning side or join the losers.

Edited by brian100
add more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

Ask the Jewish folks who were murdered during WWII, if their gold and silver helped save them. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
13 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The problem with precious metals is that it's so easy .... to take yours. 

With digital currency, you can guard your assets with a simple 12 word phrase that you hold in your mind, or that your heirs can hold in theirs, upon your passing.  Then you can move around without any fear of losing your "precious."

 

 

 

you assume people that have your money will give it to you when SHTF,  newsflash if banking system fails all your money are gone, maybe not forever but for a while, and if something more serious breaks out, you can forget about you money,  

i can just as safely keep bars of gold in safety deposit box as you can keep your money in a bank, it is actually safer, cuz access to SDB will still be available even if  digital banking crashes.  

many countries have vending machines where you can buy gold\silver  even SA gvmnt  allows people to trade in gold\silver, ours however pushing for cashless, why?

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
11 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Ask the Jewish folks who were murdered during WWII, if their gold and silver helped save them. 

It won't protect you from poison gas but it will protect you from a collapse of your country's currency. Unless of course you gave up your guns. Then the fascists will take all your precious metals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
4 minutes ago, aztek said:

i can just as safely keep bars of gold in safety deposit box as you can keep your money in a bank, it is actually safer, cuz access to SDB will still be available even if  digital banking crashes.  

This is the biggest benefit to stocking gold/silver coins. You essentially become your own bank. When the Greek economy collapsed 10 years ago, the first thing the banks did was put a freeze on withdraws. People found out real quick you don't own the money in the bank the way you thought you did. With physical coins, you remove the bank from the equation altogether. Many coin hoarders call it "true wealth": you can leave it to your kids, it's safe from inflation and taxes and the value always goes up over time. 

Gold and silver have always been the base currency and likely always will be. I wouldn't put your life savings in to it yet but it can't hurt to have a few stacks hidden away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

This is the biggest benefit to stocking gold/silver coins. You essentially become your own bank. When the Greek economy collapsed 10 years ago, the first thing the banks did was put a freeze on withdraws. People found out real quick you don't own the money in the bank the way you thought you did. With physical coins, you remove the bank from the equation altogether. Many coin hoarders call it "true wealth": you can leave it to your kids, it's safe from inflation and taxes and the value always goes up over time. 

Gold and silver have always been the base currency and likely always will be. I wouldn't put your life savings in to it yet but it can't hurt to have a few stacks hidden away.

  Liquidating the physical gold is an issue however.  During a recession gold and silver might be more valuable, but pawnshops and gold for cash places pay pennies on the dollar for them.  Basically because they know everyone is hurting and you are a small fry because you have trying to off load coins from under your bed.

  In the end, the true value of a commodity is what you can actually sell it for rather than what everyone says it is worth.  A banking/investing institution might be able to get higher value for you because their reputation depends on being close to true value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

  Liquidating the physical gold is an issue however. 

maybe but you are much better off than having nothing, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 minutes ago, aztek said:

maybe but you are much better off than having nothing, 

Very true.  My buddy invested in AR's.  They doubled in value during the Obama gun seizure hysteria and he made a good chunk of change.  What you invest in as a commodity is what is really important.  Gold and silver investing has been commercialized.  The banks and investment companies know it well and know how to extract a profit from them same as traditional stocks.  Real Estate is always good, but the upkeep and finding renters is annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Very true.  My buddy invested in AR's.  They doubled in value during the Obama gun seizure hysteria and he made a good chunk of change.  What you invest in as a commodity is what is really important.  Gold and silver investing has been commercialized.  The banks and investment companies know it well and know how to extract a profit from them same as traditional stocks.  Real Estate is always good, but the upkeep and finding renters is annoying.

yea, weapons, food , medicine, ammo, tools ,fuel, ..... that will be currency when SHTF, gold, well not so much, but still better than nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

Hell is a place where you try to save your body from death, over and over, only to find that you cannot die.

Perhaps you have heard that there will come a time when men will seek death but not find it. It's not fantasy island, it will happen. The reason is a clue to a great mystery.

Those who believe that guns, ammo, and stocked food will save them from the Great Trial don't understand the purpose of the trial.  The purpose of the trial to come, is to separate those who have faith and who live by faith, from those who do not, and to separate those who live by the flesh vs. those who live by the Spirit of Truth.  Satan gladly helps out in this endeavor, but he's hardly the architect of it. After all, this trial is conducted in heaven.

When you suddenly find that you're trapped in a body that cannot die, despite your attempts at self defense, how many times will you enjoy dying, before you realize .... that's what Hell is? 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

yea, i'm sure prayers will help you stay alive in those times. it is such a valuable skill lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
2 hours ago, aztek said:

yea, i'm sure prayers will help you stay alive in those times. it is such a valuable skill lol.  

I didn’t say that prayers would keep you alive. I’m saying that death will be the safest place to be. 

Like a withered fig tree, the entire earth is cursed, and becomes barren. 

The heroes will be the elect, who were willing to give their lives for the sake of everyone else. For their sake, the trial ends and the new world begins. 

The weapons of the elect are their lives.  They are the only ones who can put a stop to the trial of men.  Thank God for them, not their silver.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100

Its a vehicle to put your hard earned savings into is all I'm saying, and over the years I have done better than people holding just inflation paper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
48 minutes ago, brian100 said:

Its a vehicle to put your hard earned savings into is all I'm saying, and over the years I have done better than people holding just inflation paper.

Thank you Brian, your point of you is well appreciated here. Forgive me if I incorrectly had you pegged as one of these survivalists who come around to advertise their wares here, on occasion.

Do your silver dollars have engraved on them, “In God we Trust?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100
qxcontinuum
On 9/12/2019 at 11:32 PM, Raptor Witness said:

The problem with precious metals is that it's so easy .... to take yours. 

With digital currency, you can guard your assets with a simple 12 word phrase that you hold in your mind, or that your heirs can hold in theirs, upon your passing.  Then you can move around without any fear of losing your "precious."

 

 

 

The problem with digital currency though is when economy fails or in case of war and National disaster this currency is perishable, you can do anything with it. You won't do anything with silver either. Food and commodities would be what everyone looks after.

Probably gold as metal would be also good to keep since gold will never lose its value. 

The silver market is highly unstable the price dropped to nearly half then where it used to be

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100

Yeah, the Silverbug motto is if you don't hold it, you don't own it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
6 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

The problem with digital currency though is when economy fails or in case of war and National disaster this currency is perishable, you can do anything with it. You won't do anything with silver either. Food and commodities would be what everyone looks after.

Probably gold as metal would be also good to keep since gold will never lose its value. 

The silver market is highly unstable the price dropped to nearly half then where it used to be

 

The world has been teetering with negative interest rates, the dollar the lone hold out. Every time the Federal Reserve tries to raise interest rates even so much as a hair, the economy crashes. 

Fundamentally, what this means is that all world fiat, is essentially worthless. If you can’t earn a decent interest rate on the fiat that you hold, it’s already not worth anything.

So the economic crisis is already here, it’s just not very obvious, yet, to the average consumer, because they can still borrow money fairly cheaply.

Traitorous public servants have allowed the Wealthy to borrow against our fiat, instead of paying their taxes. 

Perhaps the true traitors will one day be executed, once the federal reserve runs out of ammunition.

I see dark days ahead, and no amount of silver dollars will save you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.