Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Magicians

brian100

I don't agree with everything he says, but Michael Diamond puts out some good vids. I have see this video and I can't even imagine how these people have done these things without the help of another world called witchcraft.

Micheal Diamond is a fraud who has not been educated by, or acknowledged by the Catholic Church and he just spouts superstitious trash to try to gather and control a following and make monetary gains.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Most_Holy_Family_Monastery

http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/hoyle-court-case-most-holy-family-monastery-michael-dimond.pdf

http://www.23rdstreet.com/mhfm/dimond_brothers.aspx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, brian100 said:

I don't agree with everything he says, but Michael Diamond puts out some good vids. I have see this video and I can't even imagine how these people have done these things without the help of another world called witchcraft.

[video snipped]

Out of interest, what are your qualifications for determining this? Have you ever been to a magic school?

I drove a visiting magician to a radio interview once. While we were waiting for the interview to start, all the magician did was practice French Drops. It didn't matter that he knew a range of sophisticated sleight-of-hand techniques, he was using his spare time to practice one of the most basic techniques, presumably for the same reason a professional pianist practices scales every day - doing the simple things well makes it easier to do the complicated things well.

Just because you don't understand the techniques used by magicians does not mean those techniques aren't entirely mundane (but extremely clever).

• Like 7

9 hours ago, brian100 said:

Argument from ignorance.

Educate yourself, these "magicians" are illusionists.

• Like 5

Just watch the video. Its not about Mr Diamond, its about the powers of these magicians. I already know Michael is a Sedevacantist, and he presented his case on Magicians pretty darn good!

Edited by brian100
typo

10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Argument from ignorance.

Educate yourself, these "magicians" are illusionists.

Umm, That's a little too much illusion for a video.

12 hours ago, Peter B said:

Out of interest, what are your qualifications for determining this? Have you ever been to a magic school?

I drove a visiting magician to a radio interview once. While we were waiting for the interview to start, all the magician did was practice French Drops. It didn't matter that he knew a range of sophisticated sleight-of-hand techniques, he was using his spare time to practice one of the most basic techniques, presumably for the same reason a professional pianist practices scales every day - doing the simple things well makes it easier to do the complicated things well.

Just because you don't understand the techniques used by magicians does not mean those techniques aren't entirely mundane (but extremely clever).

I had a Catholic friend who's mom let her son go down this path of magic.  His first toy was a Ouija board -- so I know. I know what the board does.

His magic is on par with some of these people and he's getting more famous. Disneyland gave him his own show now.

Edited by brian100
Add more

1 hour ago, brian100 said:

I had a Catholic friend who's mom let her son go down this path of magic.  His first toy was a Ouija board -- so I know. I know what the board does.

His magic is on par with some of these people and he's getting more famous. Disneyland gave him his own show now.

No, you don't.

Ouija boards are all about spiritualism, which is a whole bunch of hokey completely unrelated to magic.

Magicians don't use them. They use other props like packs of cards, rabbits and hats, or - if you're Penn and Teller - handguns and panes of glass, or nail guns, planks of wood and bare arms.

And speaking of magicians, I recommend you visit your local magic school and sign up for a course. You'll find that what you'll be doing is a lot of practice of sleight-of-hand, not conjuring of spirits (except maybe those of the alcoholic variety).

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, brian100 said:

I can watch the video for myself and what is on the video is beyond props.

Believe it if you wish.

But it doesn't make it objectively true.

There are plenty of magicians, including people in whichever city you live in (or the nearest one if you live in the country) who would happily tell you it's just sleight-of-hand, practiced for years.

What you need to understand is that people who practice something every day because it's their job can become very good at that thing. Whether it's Lewis Hamilton driving a Formula 1 car, or a police sniper shooting a handgun out of a man's hand, or Steve Smith demolishing an English bowling attack, or Martha Argerich playing a Rachmaninoff piano concerto, or, for that matter, a juggler juggling five balls, the expression "Practice makes perfect" actually does mean something.

Do some research. Do some practice for a few weeks, and then come back to us.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, brian100 said:

What's his name? What's the show?

20 minutes ago, Peter B said:

What's his name? What's the show?

That's not the question here.

The question is I know enuf that what these guys are doing on video is beyond the ordinary magicians ability.

BTW, my friend who got into magic just like these others at a young age.. his mother got twisted fingers called rheumatoid arthritis.

We played on his board game and he told me it was a new game.  We asked the board questions and the dial moved to letters and I immediately accused him of moving it. He swore he did not. Later on when I grew up, i was only 12.,  I found out he exposed me to witchcraft.

A while ago when I was a kid I thought Dave Copperfield was truly an amazing magician then I've heard that all of his televised shows were fakes just television shows

I can't believe the guy fooled Claudia Schaefer to marry him. They divorced after 2 years just because there was no magic after all

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, brian100 said:

Umm, That's a little too much illusion for a video.

Too much for your little mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian100 said:

BTW, my friend who got into magic just like these others at a young age.. his mother got twisted fingers called rheumatoid arthritis.

We played on his board game and he told me it was a new game.  We asked the board questions and the dial moved to letters and I immediately accused him of moving it. He swore he did not. Later on when I grew up, i was only 12.,  I found out he exposed me to witchcraft.

You are a moron.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian100 said:

The question is I know enuf that what these guys are doing on video is beyond the ordinary magicians ability.

That's not a question, just your ignorant opinion.

Yeah we're all morons for looking at the video and asking are they the normal magicians or is there another level up?

This magician wasn't as powerful as them, and this is more along the lines of horror.

Edited by brian100
typo

28 minutes ago, brian100 said:

Yeah we're all morons for looking at the video and asking are they the normal magicians or is there another level up?

No one besides you is that ignorant.

Whether you want to accept it or not illusionists perform illusions, tricks.  You can either educate yourself or continue to spew this superstitious ignorance.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Yeah, sorry, no you don't know "enuf".

Why don't you name your friend? It's not as though he's likely to track you down and do anything nasty if you name him. He's on Disney, after all, and wouldn't want to risk his career by doing anything untoward.

Otherwise, if your friend can do "real" magic like in Dungeons & Dragons, then tell him to go to Penn & Teller in Las Vegas and see if he can fool them on their TV show.

Edited by Peter B
  • Like 2

You do realise that people get rheumatoid arthritis without having any relatives get involved in the occult, don't you?

• Like 2