Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Believer Groups Thread

Ashley-Star*Child

Probably best to create one big group than two small groups original.gif

Makes it stronger, and also better able to get their point across.

The skeptical believers is much more respected than the one who wanted "a club for people that believe EVERYTHING"

Ames original.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Walken

• _hAiLO_

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Monkyburd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome, Ames. I'll contact Stewey to see if I can join.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

almost everyone who hasnt joined the annoying club is a believer in something . I see no reason to start such a club as it would only start club wars of uppity annoyingness .

Cool, I like you Draco and Stewey too so if you got together it would be cool!

Ames original.gif

how about we restrict it to psi or something? Or you could just call it the believers club or whatever and everyone could customize what they believe in when they customize the name.

If you want a we believe in psi club why don't you have a psi club?

theres going to be no one who believes everything they are told, because they would be a contradiction cos one person would be saying chupas exist, another one would saying chupa's don't!

If you want to have a rational believers club you should maybe ask Stewey if you can join his.

Well I want some gang wars, so everybody get cracking on gang names, and logo's, I want my gang to be called The Jets from the westside. Actually I want to be a skeptical believer

well since burnside n i are now on neutral terms i dont mind if he joins. i dont think we have to believe absolutely EVERYTHING but most things. coz im skeptical aboot somethings like people from the future... chronokinesis is very odd to say....

so whos actually gonna join??? im in

your right we do need a name *ponders* i dunno....

Well I want some gang wars, so everybody get cracking on gang names, and logo's......

amen to that. gang wars would actually justify uppidty annoyingness.

Surely someone who believes everything they are told is stooopid?

The skeptical believers is much more respected than the one who wanted "a club for people that believe EVERYTHING"

After these comments and the comments made by you in the "Skeptical Non-believers" thread about Jehova's Witnesses I would guess that your job in the group is to do nothing more than cause trouble and run everyone else down.

If this is the case I think Snuffypuffer really needs to review your membership.

so oracle are you interested in joining??

as for the gansta thingy no thx lol. not my sorta thing laugh.giforiginal.gifgrin2.gifwhistling2.gif

Anyone can join and you don't have to believe in EVERYTHING. It's one thing to not personally believe in something yourself, and another to run someone else down for their beliefs.

That's a personal attack.

Why shouldn't there be another side to the story? The 'skeptical believers' sure do seem to have alot to say. There should be another to balance it out. Like this one.

My position is not to cause trouble, it's just that I think that some things are stupid, i.e. believing everything you are told... cmmon thats just common sense

Also I happen to believe that some of the doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses are stupid. But that doesn't mean I'm trying to cause trouble, it's just a personal opinion of mine.

I think you'll find that I actually approach the mysteries with tact and try to establish a more logical cause as to whats happening.

Ames

My position is not to cause trouble, it's just that I think that some things are stupid, i.e. believing everything you are told... cmmon thats just common sense

Also I happen to believe that some of the doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses are stupid. But that doesn't mean I'm trying to cause trouble, it's just a personal opinion of mine.

I think you'll find that I actually approach the mysteries with tact and try to establish a more logical cause as to whats happening.

Ames

259290[/snapback]

Okay ames, now that you called psi stupid, what will you do. Stay in the board and monitor our progress, call it stupid even more or leave knowing that you stated a well though-out opinion?

I respect it honestly, but sometimes people would stay and argue trying to change our beliefs. rolleyes.gif

Excuse me... I have not called psi stupid so you can take that comment back.

huh? in your last post you said that something like psi was stupid?

You think some things are stupid, but you posted it. But your position is not to cause trouble.

You also called it common sense.

If you talked about something else, i'm really, truely sorry. But sometimes, calling psi stupid is really unexpected dontgetit.gif .

I have never called psi stupid.

What I am calling stupid is believing everything you are told. It is common sense not to believe everything you are told, cos I could tell you all kinds of things.

I'm not calling believers stupid, you must understand I am calling people who BELIEVE everything they get told is stupid.

And once again.... I have never called psi stupid.

alright, I'm sorry for ever accused you for calling psi stupid. hehe, i guess i must have mis understood and didn't read your posts correctly w00t.gif .

hehe.....i'm stupid. This girl in my history class called me stupid yesterday when the class was over crying.gif . But i know her, so i might annoy her today grin2.gif .

I would never call psi stupid cos I don't know enough about it to make that comment.

It's more like things like bigfoot and chupas that I call stupid original.gif

To me calling Bigfoot or Chupas or anything someone else believes in stupid, is calling the person that believes in it stupid by proxy.

Not believing in the possibility of bigfoot or chupas or God or evolution or aliens could be considered stupid. When/if a bigfoot comes out on a Springer show the people saying bigfoot believers are stupid will hopefully feel, well, stupid.

There's no proof either way, calling it stupid is not being skeptical, it's being closed-minded. It's as hard line a comment as the "Allah is God and Muhammad is his prophet" remarks.

You could say "I think it's stupid", that's ok, it's an opinion, we all have them, and it shows a decidedly non-skeptical point of view. It's nay-saying. "Maybe" is a skeptical answer.

"I've discovered Bigfoot!"

"Maybe, lets look."

"The sky is blue!"

"Possibly, lets look at what we have."

"A spade is a spade!"

"Could be, lets make sure."

"Aliens are out there man!"

"Maybe, lets look at what we know"

But you're not a skeptic if your answers are, Bigfoot is stupid, Of course the sky is blue, A spade is a spade, There's no such thing as aliens.

That's not skepticism, it's belief, no room for now ideas, no room for error, no room for truth-seeking.

Science is religion to many people, and it's just as 'flawed' as any other religion. People cease to seek truth and begin to justify belief based on what is probably misunderstood/miscalculated 'factual' data.

Atrocities are committed by scientists as much as those religious fanatics. Just like people are voting against Bush instead of for Kerry, some scientists work against an idea, trying to disprove it, instead of being true and seeking the truth. Numbers don't lie, but liars use numbers.

Sad thing is alot of these religious scientists don't realize all science is like the story of the 3 blind men and the elephant. They're all correct up to a point, but the whole picture isn't visible so the wrong conclusions are reached. Those wrong base premises are then built on creating a complete very logical and plausible story that is, because of incorrect interpretations of incomplete and misunderstood data, just a story. We're blind in a sense, we're 3 dimensional beings with a limited brain, feeling the elephants leg and calling it a tree.

I'm not saying science is bad. It's not. It's freaking great!!! But I don't like "rabid religious scientists" hiding behind the "skeptic" label. Some are out there to disprove god just as religiously as some are out there trying to prove there is one. Neither are skeptics, they've both made a theory and set out to prove it.

Don't be so sure. Be skeptical. Dare to believe. Don't believe blindly. Don't accept or discard odd ideas, search for the truth as best as you can find it.

Me? I believe just about anything is possible. Maybe not probable, maybe not likely, but... possible. I haven't seen an alien, I haven't seen bigfoot, I haven't seen God, I haven't seen chupacabra. I'm a believer and a skeptic. I believe a certain way, and am skeptical of those things that don't fall in with my belief. devil.gif (yes, I'm lauging at myself)

True skeptics are rare, and while very helpful, are certainly as annoying as someone that takes a blind stand on their belief.

Disclaimer: All of the above is opinion only, not to be taken as fact in any way. It's for entertainment purposes or something. Any misspellings or grammar errors are mistakes. Sorry.

Excuse me.

Bigfoot was a proven hoax so I can't wait to see that on the springer show.

I think chupas don't exist and I think a lot of people jump to silly conclusions when they see something that they can't explain.

I fully believe in the possibility of aliens.

I am skeptic, therefore if someone said to me "I have seen an alien" I would sit down with them and try to get to the bottom of it, I wouldn't say you are stupid aliens don't exist.

Is that clear yet?

Steweys mantifesto for the loyal and devout church of sceptical believers, should be ready by Friday...By the way I'm High Priestess tongue.gifwub.gif

And anything Stewey says I believe thumbsup.gif and vice versa