Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Administration Officially Revokes

aztek

The 2015 Waters of the United States rule defined the waterways subject to federal regulation. Scrapping it “puts an end to an egregious power grab, eliminates an ongoing patchwork of clean water regulations and restores a longstanding and familiar regulatory framework,” Environmental Protection Agency chief Andrew Wheeler said at a news conference.

Since enactment of the Clean Water Act in 1972, the federal government has gone beyond protection of navigable waterways and their major tributaries to assert jurisdiction over “isolated ponds and channels that only flow after it rains,” Wheeler said.

“As the scope expands, so too has Washington’s power over private property and the states’ traditional authority to regulate their land and water resources,” he said.

https://time.com/5675756/trump-federal-water-protections/

• Like 3

the Constitution? :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I know the hog farmers around here thought it was burdensome.  A few million gallons of poop never hurt anyone. 

nope, it is not that,  i posted this to see responses, i happen to know this subject and have experience with it in real world,   

this regulation did nothing to decrease amount of poop or the way it is disposed, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope, it is not that,  i posted this to see responses, i happen to know this subject and have experience with it in real world,   

Lived near the Love Canal in your childhood?

Edit to add: https://archive.epa.gov/epa/aboutepa/love-canal-tragedy.html

For people unaware of what the Love Canal was.

Edited by Gromdor
Added a link
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Lived near the Love Canal in your childhood?

no, just Staten island landfill,

not seeing your point, love canal was a dump yard since 1890s  and 2015 regulation has absolutely nothing to do with it, clean up officially ended 2004

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

no, just Staten island landfill,

not seeing your point, love canal was a dump yard since 1890s

Places like the Love Canal is how these rules came into being.  Regulations like this never come from a vacuum.  There is always that one idiot that makes is so that we have to write it in a rule book.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Gromdor said:

Places like the Love Canal is how these rules came into being.  Regulations like this never come from a vacuum.  There is always that one idiot that makes is so that we have to write it in a rule book.

no it is not, there are many existing regulations that cover that, state and local, that  federal regulation was nothing but extortion, and racketeering, had nothing to do with environment in real life. 

i have a friend who bought a property, and build a shed in his backyard, several years later a guy from city hall  came and showed him a plan that showed a stream that in reality disappeared 20 years before he bought the land, they made him demolish the shed, and fined him 10k, that what regulation was about.  

• Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

no it is not, there are many existing regulations that cover that, state and local, that  federal regulation was nothing but extortion, and racketeering, had nothing to do with environment in real life. 

i have a friend who bought a property, and build a shed in his backyard, several years later a guy from city hall  came and showed him a plan that showed a stream that in reality disappeared 20 years before he bought the land, they made him demolish the shed, and fined him 10k, that what regulation was about.  

They made OSHA self funded here in Iowa.  Suddenly people started getting fined for really obscure and questionable violations.  Regulations are made to protect not be a profit stream.

I won't lie, I am a bit ashamed of the water we send south down the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.  We always joke about how dumb we think southerners are, but look at our feet when someone mentions that the antibiotics, manure and fertilizer we send down stream might be the cause of it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

They made OSHA self funded here in Iowa.  Suddenly people started getting fined for really obscure and questionable violations.  Regulations are made to protect not be a profit stream.

I won't lie, I am a bit ashamed of the water we send south down the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.  We always joke about how dumb we think southerners are, but look at our feet when someone mentions that the antibiotics, manure and fertilizer we send down stream might be the cause of it.

there you go, that "clean water act" which should be called clean pocket act, did nothing to prevent it.  no one will notice it is gone, besides money grabbing federal officials, but god forbid you pour a concrete slab where 100 years ago tiny pond was, expect to get huge fine , and you'll have to demolish your slab, well not anymore

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

there you go, that "clean water act" which should be called clean pocket act, did nothing to prevent it.  no one will notice it is gone, besides money grabbing federal officials, but god forbid you pour a concrete slab where 100 years ago tiny pond was, expect to get huge fine , and you'll have to demolish your slab, well not anymore

Till the next administration. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

the Constitution? :innocent:

Delusional much?  You should attend more carefully.  It's Farmer and Hankenberry's party that are trying that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

this regulation did nothing to decrease amount of poop or the way it is disposed, 

As usual, it's just common sense action to rein in bureaucratic abuses.  If you want to make a DC bureaucrat squeal, GUARANTEED, take some of their power away.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Till the next administration. 

No doubt.  I think the dynamic may be changing though.  I've heard a few on the Left that have actually used the word "revenge" when speaking of how Trump supporters will be treated during the next Democrat administration.  Wouldn't be prudent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

Farmer

You probably won't believe this but Farmer is a centrist. :lol:  There's just nobody good that's a centrist to vote for right now unfortunately.  Maybe you guys over there aren't attracting any decent people into politics.  Don't worry, it's happening here too.  What am I saying?!?!  It's been happening here for years.  So few to choose from, makes it very hard. :(  

• Haha 3