Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aramco facilities on fire in Saudi Arabia

DarkHunter

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The United States supplies weapons to the kingdom of Israel that Israel then uses to murder Palestinian civilians. So it's America that murders Palestinian civilians then?

< sigh > . Yes Dumbledore. 

The US ships in three different crates. One labelled "anti-aircraft missile parts", another labelled "F-35 Parts", and a third labelled "items for murdering Palestinian Civilians". I thought EVERYONE knew THAT ? 

• Haha 1

(...)

What made this attack different from other recorded Houthi drone attacks was not only the unprecedented amount of material damage caused but also lingering doubt about the nature and the attribution of the attack. First, a video allegedly showing flying objects entering Kuwaiti airspace led to speculation that like a previous “Houthi” drone attack this strike might actually have originated in Iraq or even Iran. While the video remains unverified, the fact that the Kuwaiti government launched a probe into the issue lends some credence to the idea that something might have happened over Kuwait that day.

More

(Unconfirmed) CM`s at 00:53 :

Edited by toast

6 minutes ago, toast said:

(Unconfirmed) CM`s at 00:53 :

I think these are lens artifacts caused by the bright street light. 

Look at about 10 seconds in... you can see the two bright lights in the sky that are clearly lens artifacts, as they move with the camera. I would suggest the two lights at 53 seconds are the same thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I think these are lens artifacts caused by the bright street light. 

Look at about 10 seconds in... you can see the two bright lights in the sky that are clearly lens artifacts, as they move with the camera. I would suggest the two lights at 53 seconds are the same thing.

Yeah, might be.

• Like 1

There are some VERY interesting pictures in a BBC article, showing damage caused during the attack.

One shows a series of four structures... each one hit in exactly the same place. That's scary. 

Something else that doesn't appear much on the news is that it wasn't ONLY the Abquaq refinery that was attack, but also (to a lesser extent) the Khurais oilfield about 180Km south-west of Abquaq. Two structures where hit.. again in the same place on each  structure. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49718975

If you look at the Abquaq pictures.. and the perfect symmetry of the explosions on the four mushroom-looking structures. That seems just TOO perfect, even for a modern American cruise missile. The damage also looks very small... almost pinpricks. 

A final thought.. the video of the fires seemed to indicate catastrophic damage. And yet.. in these satellite photographs.. the damage seems minor. It's hard to reconcile these pictures with the video of flames leaping hundreds of feet into the air ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

28 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If you look at the Abquaq pictures.. and the perfect symmetry of the explosions on the four mushroom-looking structures. That seems just TOO perfect, even for a modern American cruise missile. The damage also looks very small... almost pinpricks. 

Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

Your linked article from the Beeb says a combination of drones and cruise missiles. Drones, maybe?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Very strange indeed, even a small explosive charge placed by hand would not have such consistent results, something weird about all this.

37 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

Your linked article from the Beeb says a combination of drones and cruise missiles. Drones, maybe?

Well, it couldn't be a radio-controlled drone.... not with the distances involved. 

A GPS-controlled drone might be able to hit items quite accurately... BUT.. with THAT level of precision ? The same location on each structure ? 

It seems... odd.... ? 

12 hours ago, and then said:

Then they can face the results too.  It's past time they were hammered in detail for their crimes.  If they strike U.S. personnel in the region then the limited response should become a withering multi week takedown of every AA site, radar, ship, plane and barracks, AFTER all of their nuclear sites are pulverized.  Decapitation strikes would be well received over here as well.

Of course, everyone has to live with consequences of their actions. If Iran strikes, well, that is a big ''if''. Iran has no reason to attack US personnel and such thing would happen only in case of attack on Iran. I believe that they are sane enough to avoid confrontation with the USA but also they are proud enough to fight.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, it couldn't be a radio-controlled drone.... not with the distances involved. 

A GPS-controlled drone might be able to hit items quite accurately... BUT.. with THAT level of precision ? The same location on each structure ? 

It seems... odd.... ? 

Not an expert on GPS drones, but I'd expect them to be accurate to within a few meters or so? 

Difficult to tell how big those structures actually are.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. they WOULD have to be very sophisticated missiles ... true "cruise" missiles...to do a long-range low-level "below radar" attack.  They couldn't be improvised devices, which points to Iran, Russia , China or America. Israel has cruise missiles, but they only have a range of a couple of hundred kilometres. 

I looked further into Saudi air defense and it's rather interesting and a bit weird.

The radar aspect is made up of 17 AN/FPS-117 search radar with a range of about 230 miles to 288 miles and 6 AN/TPS-43 portable tactical air search radar with a range of about 280 miles.  The AN/FPS-117 is from the 80s while the AN/TPS-43 is from the mid to late 60s.

Of its air defense Saudi Arabia is made up of HAWK and Patriot air defense systems.  The HAWK air defense system only has a range between 28 and 31 miles while the Patriot air defense system has a range between 60 and 100 miles for pac 2 and about 12 miles for pac 3.  They also have 35 mm twin cannon short range air defense and I'm not sure if they have recieved thaad yet or not.

Saudi Arabia does not currently have enough air defense systems to cover everything and instead have elected for a more point defense system where what they deem the most critical gets what they feel is the appropriate level of air defense.

https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2019/05/analysis-saudi-arabian-air-and-missile.html?m=1

That link goes into more detail about the systems but more importantly has a lot of really nice maps showing the location and range of Saudi Arabia air defense.

For the oil facilities attacked I know 1 was just barely within patriot pac 2 range and I think the other facility might not of been protected by anything.  So it's very possible the Saudis did see the attack coming but just had no means to actually stop it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Very strange indeed, even a small explosive charge placed by hand would not have such consistent results, something weird about all this.

The Military Industrial Complex/ NWO is looking to start a new war. They have been after Iran for years. Iraq, Lybia, Syria... It goes on.

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Like 3

Seems the Trump administration is looking deeper into how it will respond to the attack on the Saudi facilities, seems the question is if it will be a cyber attack or an attack on Iran's oil infrastructure and/or IRGC assets/facilities.  Two targets America seems interested in targeting are either the Abadan oil refinery or Kharg island.

Also America is claiming they got satellite photos of the launch site of the attack within Iran and the Iranians preparing the cruise missiles and drones for the attack.

• Like 2

I heard the term "proportionate" response today.  If we strike Iranian refineries they are saying it means war, in subtle language.  If we strike refineries and they launch weapons at our bases in the region they will obviously be the initiators of a wider war.  Their choice, their responsibility.  If they kill U.S. troops in the region directly then I hope Trump goes full Roman on them for a few weeks.

• Like 1

The Saudi Arabian ministry of defense just said tomorrow evening they are having a press conference about the attack that took place.  They are saying they will be presenting evidence of Iran's involvement in the attack.

Edited by DarkHunter

6 hours ago, and then said:

I heard the term "proportionate" response today.  If we strike Iranian refineries they are saying it means war, in subtle language.  If we strike refineries and they launch weapons at our bases in the region they will obviously be the initiators of a wider war.  Their choice, their responsibility.  If they kill U.S. troops in the region directly then I hope Trump goes full Roman on them for a few weeks.

The U.S. only strikes weak regimes where there is a low risk of serious retaliation. Iran is biting off more than we can chew. Because it means a wider war. Most of the american public is strongly against interventionist policies in the Mid-East. I'm no fan of Trump but he does keep his promises. 

Edited by crookedspiral

5 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

They are saying they will be presenting evidence of Iran's involvement in the attack.

And it means nothing of course because evidence can be fabricated. 

• Like 1

I don't buy for one second, that those precision holes in the spherical tanks, came from some long range weapon. Just too surgical.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, crookedspiral said:

And it means nothing of course because evidence can be fabricated. 

America is claiming to have satelite photos of the launch site and of Iran preparing for the attack, debris of the cruise missiles and drones have been recovered, and if rumors are correct Saudi Arabia found one cruise missile that malfunctioned and did not detonate so its largely intact.  While evidence can be fabricated there comes a point where there is just too much evidence to deny what happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

America is claiming to have satelite photos of the launch site and of Iran preparing for the attack, debris of the cruise missiles and drones have been recovered, and if rumors are correct Saudi Arabia found one cruise missile that malfunctioned and did not detonate so its largely intact.  While evidence can be fabricated there comes a point where there is just too much evidence to deny what happened.

Yes it was reported on the news this morning that one of the Cruise Missiles was found as you said I exploded and largely in tact. Once that missile is disassembled there will be little doubt who built it. I think the ruse of the Rebels carrying out this attack is pretty well discounted with all the information coming to light. Could the information be fabricated, maybe but like you said I think we passed the point where Iran can deny what happened.

Lets face it who bennifits most from shutting down Oil production, it Iran. They have been trying create problems in the Strait trying to cause a similar out come. I think the big question now is what is going to be done to Iran for this attack.

Trump has authorized the release of US oil reserves if needed to keep the market well supplied.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/15/trump-says-he-has-authorized-release-of-oil-from-strategic-petroleum-reserve-if-needed-after-saudi-attacks.html

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Difficult to tell how big those structures actually are.

The mushroom shaped are roughly 28 meters in diameter (Google Earth).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toast said:

The mushroom shaped are roughly 28 meters in diameter (Google Earth).

Thanks for that @toast

Here's one thing that I don't understand. What kind of weapon has the kinetic energy to punch those holes in the buildings, and yet does NOT have sufficient explosives to then rupture the building ? The mushrooms look undamaged. You would have thought that even a relatively small explosive charge, detonated INSIDE the structure, would "pop" the structure like a balloon ? 

Indeed, based purely on these photographs, it seems that the facility was hardly damaged at all ? As I mentioned in a previous post, I am having a real hard time correlating the (light) damage in these photographs, with the raging firestorm in the various video's. 

I dunno folks.... I'm not a forensic engineer or anything.. but... it just looks.... odd ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

I don't buy for one second, that those precision holes in the spherical tanks, came from some long range weapon. Just too surgical.

As for the target accuracy, distance doesnt matter for advanced CMs/rockets. These devices use up to 4 different kinds of destination guidance systems which will ensure an accuracy of 5 meters or even less. Just think about space missions like the ROSETTA mission in 2014. After a trip of 6.4B km we placed an object on the surface of 67P, which was only ca. 4x4x4km small and traveled at a speed of 55.000km/h.

• Like 2