Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aramco facilities on fire in Saudi Arabia

DarkHunter

She has a point.

Tulsi Gabbard continues attack on Trump, says tweet is a 'huge disgrace' that makes US sound like 'servants of Saudi Kingdom'

Gabbard said Wednesday on "Your World" the most troubling part of the tweet was Trump's comment about, "waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed."

"It's a huge disgrace to hear our commander-in-chief basically put us in a position... where we are servants of the Saudi Kingdom," she said.

"I'm a soldier and I took an oath as a soldier as well as a member of Congress to support and defend our Constitution of the United States -- to serve the American people."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Syria is no conceivable threat to Israel,

Assad isn't but the tens of thousands of Shia militia that Iran have trained up and supplied and placed near the Israeli border...kind of ARE.

7 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Saudi Arabia speeds up its executions with 134 people put to death already this year - some crucified or beheaded - including six who were children when they were arrested

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7468349/Saudi-Arabia-executes-134-people-year-including-six-children-arrested.html

You're really clamouring to go to war on behalf of these people? Because their opponents (Iran) are a barbaric theocracy? You don't consider that this position might be at all morally shaky? 

I've tried to find a source that would be acceptable to those on the Right. The daily Mail, while a tabloid, is impeccably right-wing, and is hardly a friend of lefty pacifists. 

I'm not sure if that shot was aimed at me but the answer is, I don't really care what happens to the Kingdom.  I agree that they are vicious animals.  My focus is on a regime that is JUST as vicious, just as committed to spreading their religion/revolution AND who are in a position to sprint to a nuke in less than a year.  Don't bother with that tired old rhetoric about that claim being unsupported.  Hell, even Hills and Obama admitted it.  The issue isn't whether Iran will get nukes, it's just a matter of WHEN.  Taking down their nuclear infrastructure in detail would extend that timeline and possibly leave a chance for a better option in the future.  I believe that situation is critical enough that even risking a nuclear exchange with Russia would be worth gambling on.  IMO, there aren't really any good choices left with those crazy zealots.  Doing nothing is no longer an option.

Seems earlier today the Saudi foreign minister said Iran was responsible for the attack, which is the first time Saudi Arabia has directly blamed Iran for the attack and not just supplying the weapons.  The foreign minister also said Saudi Arabia is waiting for the conclusion of the investigation before taking an appropriate response.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Seems earlier today the Saudi foreign minister said Iran was responsible for the attack, which is the first time Saudi Arabia has directly blamed Iran for the attack and not just supplying the weapons.  The foreign minister also said Saudi Arabia is waiting for the conclusion of the investigation before taking an appropriate response.

I get the feeling that the Saudis REALLY don't want to tangle with Iran because they know how quickly U.S. support could go away.  Their choice... sometimes your enemy doesn't give you the choice.

3 minutes ago, and then said:

I get the feeling that the Saudis REALLY don't want to tangle with Iran because they know how quickly U.S. support could go away.  Their choice... sometimes your enemy doesn't give you the choice.

Hmm.. Saudi have the biggest (and most modern) air force in the whole Middle East. (even bigger than Israel). In principle, they could strike Iran all on their own. 

However, their training and discipline is .... well.... weak. Everybody wants to be Captain Kirk. Nobody wants to be Scotty. So who knows ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, and then said:

I heard some rumors a day or so after the strike that the crown prince wanted to deal a fatal blow to Iran for the attack but there was nothing from official sources to confirm it.

I think Saudi Arabia might just be buying time to better protect themselves before striking Iran.  The current Saudi air defense positioning is clearly not ideal for stopping threats from Iran with so much of it being directed towards Yemen and repositioning the air defense will take some amount of time especially when it has to essentially go across Saudi Arabia.  Also America has recently said they are sending more air and missile defense to Saudi Arabia while the American navy seems to be positioning destroyers to provide better air and missile defense so it would be in Saudi Arabia's interest to wait till the troops arrive before doing anything to Iran.

Any fighting between Iran and Saudi Arabia will be using aircraft and missile systems against each other, neither can use their armies or navies for anything significant in this situation.  Saudi Arabia has a clear advantage in the air having more and modern aircraft while Iran has the advantage in missiles having cruise missiles and a better selection of ballistic missiles.  So Saudi Arabia waiting for it to better be able to defend against missile strikes does make sense

• Like 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

Man, you're like a dog on a bone.  How many times do I have to say NO INVASION?  Yes, it will be a terrible mess.  War tends to be like that.  What part of crazy ass religious zealots with NUKES do you not understand?

And all that over a probably false flag attack?

[LINK] The Saudi Arabia Oil Refinery Bombing: The Latest False Flag

Edited by crookedspiral

12 hours ago, crookedspiral said:

But you don't say anything about Saudi Arabia spending billions promoting it's extreme version of Islam? They are exporting radical Islamism and funding groups like al qaeda and ISIS, who in turn launch terrorist attacks on western soil. Dude, in what world are you living?

I was answering your statement asking about IRANIAN expansionism.  I don't care what happens to the House of Saud.  If they were covertly building the infrastructure for nuclear weapons, I'd focus on them.  They aren't, Iran IS.

2 hours ago, crookedspiral said:

And all that over a probably false flag attack?

[LINK] The Saudi Arabia Oil Refinery Bombing: The Latest False Flag

Probably a FF?  You do remember that Yemen claimed to have launched the attack, right?

30 minutes ago, and then said:

Probably a FF?  You do remember that Yemen claimed to have launched the attack, right?

The Houthi rebels only used this false flag as an opportunistic attempt for media and the world drawing greater attention to them. It's not unusual for a group claiming responsability for attacks when it had nothing to do with them. This is what we call ''propaganda''.

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

If they were covertly building the infrastructure for nuclear weapons, I'd focus on them.  They aren't, Iran IS.

Not covertly, we are helping them.

https://interestingengineering.com/saudi-arabias-first-nuclear-reactor-sparks-fears-from-experts

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Washington-Watch-Is-Trump-helping-the-Saudis-go-nuclear-592310

Edited by crookedspiral

15 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I have read the news quite carefully. I even read the sports news, just in case. 

I see no stories about Israel attacking Iran. Although I DID note that their football club got HAMMERED by Poland. 

I mean, attacks on Iranian troops and missile technicians in Iraq, yes. Ditto troops etc in Syria. But no attacks against Iran itself. 

So take that back ! :D 

So if the US was unjustified for all its attacks and terrorist designations of the special groups? After all, none of them attacked the US, by your definition. Just its troops. 

Seems the Houthis dont want involved in what they think is about to happen, they are now telling Saudi Arabia that Iran has follow up attacks planned on Saudi Arabia's oil industry.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yemeni-rebels-warn-iran-plans-another-strike-soon-11569105344?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/zK884UL4sG

• Thanks 1

''The information has been passed along to the Saudis and the U.S., according to people briefed on the warnings''

We are supposed to believe these ''people''?

29 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Seems the Houthis dont want involved in what they think is about to happen, they are now telling Saudi Arabia that Iran has follow up attacks planned on Saudi Arabia's oil industry.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yemeni-rebels-warn-iran-plans-another-strike-soon-11569105344?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/zK884UL4sG

''The information has been passed along to the Saudis and the U.S., according to people briefed on the warnings''

We are supposed to believe these unknown ''people''?

7 minutes ago, crookedspiral said:

We are supposed to believe these unknown ''people''?

Just as believable as the whole thing being a false flag attack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Just as believable as the whole thing being a false flag attack.

The WSJ article just seems like propaganda. I can't find any other links sharing this information. Probably because there is no credible source.

Edited by crookedspiral

With that fiasco of an invasion of Iraq, I can't believe that Washington politicians are what I would call "credible".

This isn't America's war but you can't hold them back. The attack on SA oil is just a convenient excuse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

So if the US was unjustified for all its attacks and terrorist designations of the special groups? After all, none of them attacked the US, by your definition. Just its troops. 

Oh really ? I think the occupants of the Twin Towers might disagree ? 

The bottom line, despite all your distractions, is that Israel has NOT attacked Iran. 

NEXT !

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, and then said:

I believe that situation is critical enough that even risking a nuclear exchange with Russia would be worth gambling on.

Some places have a :jawdrop: emoticon. This would be just the place for one here. :huh:

• Haha 1

IMO, there aren't really any good choices left with those crazy zealots.  Doing nothing is no longer an option.

And i bet those exact same words (although probably in Farsi) are regularly spoken in the halls of power in Tehran when looking at the array of fanatics, zealots and just plain weird warmongers lined up against them. :mellow: 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if that shot was aimed at me but the answer is, I don't really care what happens to the Kingdom.  I agree that they are vicious animals.  My focus is on a regime that is JUST as vicious, just as committed to spreading their religion/revolution AND who are in a position to sprint to a nuke in less than a year.  Don't bother with that tired old rhetoric about that claim being unsupported.  Hell, even Hills and Obama admitted it.  The issue isn't whether Iran will get nukes, it's just a matter of WHEN.  Taking down their nuclear infrastructure in detail would extend that timeline and possibly leave a chance for a better option in the future.  I believe that situation is critical enough that even risking a nuclear exchange with Russia would be worth gambling on.  IMO, there aren't really any good choices left with those crazy zealots.  Doing nothing is no longer an option.

I think a nuclear exchange with Russia would be a global catastrophe. Iran could be neutralised without going anywhere CLOSE to THAT. Simply attacking Iran's coastal oil facilities and ports would surely be sufficient ? (along with Islamic Guard barracks and airfields). 

16 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

and yup, we all know how trustworthy senior members of the Saudi government are. "Ah, Mr. Khashoggi? I wonder if you might be able to pop into our consulate in Istanbul? Just a little paperwork issue we'd like to sort out ..." 

• Like 1