Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
DarkHunter

Aramco facilities on fire in Saudi Arabia

384 posts in this topic

Dumbledore the Awesome

US Defends Your Freedom By Using Troops As Saudi Oil Security Guards

So they joined up to defend their country by being hired out as mercenaries for a bloodthirsty, backward theocracy? 

Dumbledore the Awesome
7 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Earlier today at the UN general assembly the UK, France, and Germany issued a joint statement saying that it's clear Iran is responsible for the attack on Saudi Arabia. 

:rofl: why did whichever news outlet that was even waste the amount of energy it must have involved in releasing such a statement of the blindingly obvious? Of course they would, who would expect the most loyal sycophants of Washington do anything else?

Dumbledore the Awesome
7 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Tomorrow Trump is expected to mention Iran during his speech

"Look! Over there! Iran! Forget Ukraine, and whatever all that was about! look! Iran!" Exactly the same as a year or two ago anyone could throw a bone to distract the slavering hordes of the press by saying "look! Over there! Putin!"

Dumbledore the Awesome
49 minutes ago, and then said:

No... that is what we call ALLIES.  Support goes both ways. 

Are the UK, Germany and France allies of Saudi Arabia?  If so, why? 

Thing is, you see, if anyone was to suggest the US should cooperate in a one-sided defense agreement with Russia, and should send troops and advanced weaponry to defend Russian oil production facilities, ir even properly cooperated with them in the fight against extremism, what do you think would be the howls in response? There'd be aghast cries of horror and cries of "Skripal! Annexation of Crimea! Support of Evil Gassing Dictator! Deliberate targeting of Hospitals! Interference in elections! Drug Cheats in International Sporting Events!" etc etc and so on, wouldn't there. So why aren't people crying "Genocide against Yemen! Public executions of hundreds at a time! Women are property of their husband! Perpetrators of the greatest terrorist attack in US history!"?  

RAyMO
On 9/23/2019 at 2:44 AM, and then said:

If you believe that a radical, terror financing, fundamentalist Theocratic government with nukes is no problem then I'd have to wonder about your priorities.

which country are you describing here?

Iran needs checked and the agreement that the USA dumped was a very good start on that road.

But like every complex issue if you want a clear workable resolution you have to be prepared to look at the problem from many and different views including opposing.

But if you want the easy way out, easy in that it allows short term 'glory' provided by overwhelming military advantage, but fed by the death of innocent soldiers and civilians and long term zero strategic advantage - then keep on USA keep on. 

And remember today's friends often turn out to be tomorrows enemies.

• Like 1

Dumbledore the Awesome
On 9/23/2019 at 2:44 AM, and then said:

Did a Saudi hurt one of your dogs or insult your sister?  Man, SA does what they do but they aren't threatening to remove a member nation of the UN or calling for the death of America -

Did the Saudis ever hurt the US? Why, yes, they did. But that's easily slipped down the memory hole isn't it.  

• Like 1

Dumbledore the Awesome
1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

which country are you describing here?

I was about to say exactly the same. My, the turning of the blind eye is amazing isn't it. Another term for it might be blatant hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
10 hours ago, crookedspiral said:

Not surprising. The UK, France and Germany are the lap-dogs of the U.S.

I'd like to see what ME countries think, and NO, I don't mean Saudi and Israel (or Iran). 

and then
11 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

So why aren't people crying "Genocide against Yemen! Public executions of hundreds at a time! Women are property of their husband! Perpetrators of the greatest terrorist attack in US history!"?  

Realpolitik really is a challenge for your worldview, isn't it?  You hold the evil done by the Wahhabis up like a crucifix before a vampire when there is any discussion of the evil of fundamentalist Islam.  Are you really asking why western powers make deals with the House of Saud?  You may as well just pout and say - NOT FAIR!   

Heads up for you - people as a group are no DAMNED good and people in power tend to exemplify that trait.  Nations - ALL of them - have their own interests and will usually leave morality at the door when they are pursuing them.  Yours was never any better than mine and ours no worse than any others before us.

• Sad 1

DarkHunter

The Saudi foreign minister has said that they believe the attack came from Iran, that they are looking at where exactly in Iran the attack came from, and that Saudi Arabia is looking at military options as a response to the attack on the oil facilities. 

Seems Saudi Arabia believes they have enough international support to be able to strike.

• Like 1

Dumbledore the Awesome
2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The Saudi foreign minister has said that they believe the attack came from Iran, that they are looking at where exactly in Iran the attack came from, and that Saudi Arabia is looking at military options as a response to the attack on the oil facilities. 

Seems Saudi Arabia believes they have enough international support to be able to strike.

You keep repeating this every time the Saudis say it as if you believe unquestioningly that it must be true.

Dumbledore the Awesome

The Saudis' military options, since Iran would probably be likely to shoot back, would be to coerce its American ally, Acting President Pompeo, into doing it for them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Farmer77
Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The Saudis' military options, since Iran would probably be likely to shoot back, would be to coerce its American ally, Acting President Pompeo, into doing it for them. 

What do you mean coerce? POTUS already announced we're standing by awaiting orders like good foot soldiers.

• Sad 1

Farmer77

@Dumbledore the Awesome I did not realize there was another Dumbledore on this site. Do you think theyre mad at you for being Awesome?

Anyways im sure you saw this but if not

Tulsi Gabbard continues attack on Trump, says tweet is a 'huge disgrace' that makes US sound like 'servants of Saudi Kingdom'

• Like 1

Dumbledore the Awesome
Just now, Farmer77 said:

I did not realize there was another Dumbledore on this site. Do you think theyre mad at you for being Awesome?

Is there really? I'll have to get my Minions to investigate. Thanks for the tipoff. 

• Haha 1

DarkHunter
12 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

You keep repeating this every time the Saudis say it as if you believe unquestioningly that it must be true.

So keeping the thread up to date on what the Saudis are saying about at attack on Saudi Arabia is somehow open to interpretation to being true or false.  In your hatred of anything Saudi Arabia you might of missed I rarely gave my opinion and when I did I made it very clear that it was my opinion and instead just post what is being said.

Even then the attack itself was done by cruise missiles and drones, that is a fact and there are pictures of the debris to prove it.  For the cruise missiles only 26 countries in the world have developed cruise missiles and they are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Japan, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Pakistan, South Korea, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, UK, and US.  Of those 26 countries most have rather distinctive cruise missile designs which makes identification of the country that produced them rather easy.  

I get that you dont like Saudi Arabia, you made that abundantly clear in your post that essentially add nothing beyond Saudi Arabia is bad and/or we shouldnt trust Saudi Arabia cause they are bad.  

• Thanks 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Better them than the US, that's all I can say

Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

I rarely gave my opinion and when I did I made it very clear that it was my opinion and instead just post what is being said.

You're doing fine, Dark Hunter, you're doing fine. 

crookedspiral
21 hours ago, and then said:

No... that is what we call ALLIES.  Support goes both ways.  Except for the world you inhabit, I guess.

It's interesting Japan didn't lay the blame on Iran. They have a more careful approach. There is no real evidence that Iran was behind this attack.

[LINK] Disputing Trump Claims, Japan Says No Evidence Iran Was Behind Saudi Attack

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Like 1

and then
1 hour ago, crookedspiral said:

There is no real evidence that Iran was behind this attack.

They stated that they were unaware of any evidence.  They also do a lot of business in Iran and depend on them for 5% of their energy needs.  But hey, I get it.  Denying the statements of anyone you disagree with tends to dampen the cognitive dissonance.  

ThereWeAreThen
6 hours ago, crookedspiral said:

It's interesting Japan didn't lay the blame on Iran. They have a more careful approach. There is no real evidence that Iran was behind this attack.

[LINK] Disputing Trump Claims, Japan Says No Evidence Iran Was Behind Saudi Attack

Japan have absolutely no interest in a war with iran. Even if not involved themselves. They buy oil of the Iranians plus they have their own problems. Territorial disputes with South Korea, Taiwan, Russia and China.

RoofGardener
15 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The Saudi's - unlike the Iranians - do NOT have a track record of making extravagant bellicose empty threats.  

• Like 1

RoofGardener
8 hours ago, crookedspiral said:

Japan is several thousand miles away from Saudi, and has no radar facilities in the area. If would have no ability to gather independent evidence, therefor it is purely relying on published information. 

Lets face it; the attack came from the North. It seems highly improbable that the Houthis - without expert guidance - could have carried out this attack. And they would have had to transport the drones and cruise missiles all the way into southern Iraq (or Kuwait) to do it. This seems..... highly improbable. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Japan is several thousand miles away from Saudi, and has no radar facilities in the area. If would have no ability to gather independent evidence, therefor it is purely relying on published information. 

Lets face it; the attack came from the North. It seems highly improbable that the Houthis - without expert guidance - could have carried out this attack. And they would have had to transport the drones and cruise missiles all the way into southern Iraq (or Kuwait) to do it. This seems..... highly improbable. 

Circumstantial, although decent evidence.  But evidence is not proof and when it comes to going to war where many will die, it's not enough. Not in my book.

But the warlords of Washington don't listen to me :)

Saudi Arabia is the victim. I want their opinion. They seem a little quiet to me

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

RoofGardener
3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Circumstantial, although decent evidence.  But evidence is not proof and when it comes to going to war where many will die, it's not enough. Not in my book.

But the warlords of Washington don't listen to me :)

Well, I'm tempted to agree @Earl.Of.Trumps

We should have an international commission to examine ALL of the evidence, with access to the restricted USA satellites, detailed forensic investigation of the missile debris, and a thorough engineering report of the actual site damage. 

And THEN we bomb Iran :D 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1