Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big creature in the Yangtze River

Agishe

30 minutes ago, Agishe said:

That's pretty wild, it almost looks like a Allegator, it be be an Allegator Gar those fish get mighty big.

• Like 1

Here's some info about the video.

The snake-like creature evidently wasn't shy; this footage was captured at the Three Gorges Dam Scenic Area, a popular tourist spot in Yichang City.

Reports suggest it was as thick as an average adult human's thigh - an accurate unit of measurement if ever there was - and was estimated to to be at least 10 feet long. It certainly seems like a powerful animal, swimming against the river current with ease.

Nearly two million people have watched the clip since it was made public and, as expected, theories abound as to just what the slithering monster could be. One social media one user wrote: "That must be a water snake."

As to the most rational explanation? Well, while Yichang forestry officials have so far declined to comment, it's most likely to be a Burmese python - a snake common to the area and, while they largely spend their time on land, are also excellent swimmers.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/animals-viral-mystery-sea-monster-spotted-in-chinese-river-20190913

• Like 7

Yeah, I'd agree it is at least 10 feet (3 m) long. Though it appears to me that the "head" end of the thing never moves, which lead me to believe @Iilaa'mpuul'xem is correct, and it is just garbage stuck on a log, or something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

It moves very similar to plastic in a current, we have seen that a few times on here over the years. 

yeah, video too short but doesnt look like its moving but rather being moved

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, stereologist said:

Papameter 83% paranormal 17% Nessie on vacation

8e252f940007df55075993e8729f49a7.gif.777a92e1f72711a918ddcfde3a63a9c1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Id' say it looks like a giant catfish. I remember Jeremy Wade doing a one of his episodes on the Mekong catfish, I'm at work so no access to maps or anything, but when catfish swims, the head tends to stay reasonably still while the body moves..

42 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

It's proving popular...

"China gripped after sighting of its own 'Loch Ness Monster'"

At the BBC:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-49719826

The appearance of some cloth washed up on some rocks has got users asking if they were mistaken

• Like 3

From what I have read China has some of the most polluted waterways in the world I doubt a Nessy or anything else for that matter could live in that water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's China.Some sort of floating garbage was the first thing I thought of considering how polluted much of their rivers are.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, 100% it was just trash... according to the update to the story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

So, 100% it was just trash... according to the update to the story.

i have lots of wanna do back burner projects, one is to make an rc lake monster, something simple, but use it to gauge reaction, see how its described, size, color, etc, compare that to the prop.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 8:43 PM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

It moves very similar to plastic in a current, we have seen that a few times on here over the years. 

7D5EAC9B-E139-4AF9-9CBB-A37B35FD6264.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

UPDATE.... China's 'Loch Ness monster' is actually a lot of hot air(bag)

Source

Edited by Iilaa'mpuul'xem
  • Thanks 1

It looks like a big black trash bag. 

1 hour ago, Amanda Evans said:

Feels sad 

I wanted this to be a real life monster...

Sigh.

God no, not in china, they would just kill it and carve it up and sell it saying it helps with erectile dysfunction or some other crap. They have no respect for life.