Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

34% Pet-owners prefer pet to their own kids

Eldorado

11 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Oh yes, Aussie's can be known to use that word quite freely.  And I can only imagine in Broadmeadows, which is renowned for being pretty rough, it's probably quite common! :lol:

Never

• Haha 2

I have grown up with animals.... farm kid here..  and I've not been fortunate to be able to have human kids of my own. But I have been involved in fostering animals for a long time. It's hard to feed a baby, no matter the species, and give it to someone else.

Some of the ones I've raised just got in way too deep...so they never Left. But it's been well worth it to me. I honestly feel that I've gotten way more than they have. And I keep on working with rescue groups and fostering.

• Like 1

I knew a man who while in conversation with me hit his son because the poor boy pushed the mans dog aside to gain his fathers atention, the man said to his son that the dog was standing next to him and the boy had to know his place. "....the dog was standing here, not you...." I cursed him on the instant.

Marquis.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:20 AM, zygote_myles said:

I think the same thing about the animals - they should be free, not exploited.

I totally agree. Most people wouldn't eat their pets. So why eating a pig, a cow, a chicken or even a fish (which is proven have sentience).

That's cognitive dissonance, especially since we don't need meat to survive.

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Thanks 1

@crookedspiral:

Fanatics never make this world a better place!

And don't forget....

Plants have "feelings" too - because they react to the environment around them.

We all need to live!

It's very important that we respect the food we eat, but we can't be fanatics while we live in a human body!

I support animal welfare, but I'm not fanatic and I never will be!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LightAngel said:

@crookedspiral:

Fanatics never make this world a better place!

And don't forget....

Plants have "feelings" too - because they react to the environment around them.

We all need to live!

It's very important that we respect the food we eat, but we can't be fanatics while we live in a human body!

I support animal welfare, but I'm not fanatic and I never will be!

I'm not fanatical. I don't eat meat because I don't support animal cruelty. There is no need for it. Plants are different to animals. Plants aren't sentient - they have no brain, no nerves, no nervous central system, and they have no ability to feel 'pain' or react in a conscious way.

I think anyone can know the difference between mowing the lawn, and mowing over 50 kittens.

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, crookedspiral said:

I totally agree. Most people wouldn't eat their pets. So why eating a pig, a cow, a chicken or even a fish (which is proven have sentience).

That's cognitive dissonance, especially since we don't need meat to survive.

I had a feeling you were going to try and push veganism and non meat eating in this thread. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/24/2019 at 11:20 AM, crookedspiral said:

I'm not fanatical. I don't eat meat because I don't support animal cruelty. There is no need for it. Plants are different to animals. Plants aren't sentient - they have no brain, no nerves, no nervous central system, and they have no ability to feel 'pain' or react in a conscious way.

I think anyone can know the difference between mowing the lawn, and mowing over 50 kittens.

giphy.gif

https://www.ecofarmingdaily.com/voices-of-eco-agriculture/opinions/plant-sentience-and-the-impossible-burger/

A murderer with chlorophyll on his hands.

• Thanks 2

On 9/24/2019 at 4:20 PM, crookedspiral said:

Um plants are living organisms which are imperative to our eco system. As they are living organisms surely we are murdering them too?

While we are at it we should stop lions from eating gazelles, bears from eating salmon etc. Its natural. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Um plants are living organisms which are imperative to our eco system. As they are living organisms surely we are murdering them too?

I responded to that here:

While we are at it we should stop lions from eating gazelles, bears from eating salmon etc. Its natural. 

They are obligate carnivores. That is how they biologically evolved.

Humans are opportunistic feeders. We eat whatever is available and sustain ourselves from a number of different food sources because our specy is behaviourally sufficiently flexible. We have no ''obligation'' to eat meat. We don't need to cause unecessery harm to animals.

Edited by crookedspiral

7 hours ago, crookedspiral said:

They are obligate carnivores.

You will find bears are very much omnivores as are many mammals including us.You have proven you have no knowledge of animals or their welfare so stop making out you do.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:20 AM, crookedspiral said:

Plants are different to animals. Plants aren't sentient - they have no brain, no nerves, no nervous central system, and they have no ability to feel 'pain' or react in a conscious way.

Your starting to sound a lot like a plant,well, you are what you eat.

• Thanks 1