Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Suffolk pub's politically incorrect ghosts

Eldorado

"A host of ghosts at a Bungay pub include one that breaks wind, another that snaps bra straps AND a chap called Tom Hardy - is this Suffolk's most haunted inn?"

Full report at the East Anglian Daily Times: https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/weird-suffolk-three-tuns-bungay-ghosts-1-6268802

"The pub is often claimed to be the most haunted building in Bungay, supposedly with over 20 ghosts, including a maid who was caught stealing beer & was chained to the wall until she starved to death.

"In 1969 the pub hired a professional exorcist, Canon Pearce Higgins, who claimed to have got rid of all the ghosts. But allegedly he failed."

Full monty at What Pub dot com: https://whatpub.com/pubs/WAV/112/three-tuns-bungay

• Like 6

Wow, thanks for sharing this Eldorado - the most fantastic part of scenery imo was the cellar in that place.  It appeared to have a big archway so I think that was the cellar I was looking at.  

I did have a laugh at that ghost that "pings bra straps" LOL  What a mischievous spirit!  (Perhaps it was just some pervs loitering about.) :lol:

• Like 4

Another one in England, eh. Too bad that's a little far for my nights out. My suburban Detroit bar is only 'haunted' by the same annoying local guy that talks my ear off every time he sees me (unfortunately he is alive).

Papameter  80% Haunted Pub     20% Malarkey

Reasoning: By now, ghosts are not that farfetched. The meter's running hot today. I just returned from touring old Fort Wayne in Detroit today. It's a fort with a couple centuries of history and you guessed it about the paranormal claims. Anyway I was there for a regular tour and asked my seasoned guide about any experiences. He said they had some restorers there one day and he saw this guy in the window and he thought nothing much of it. The guy looked normal except his hair was exceptionally well-groomed (?). When inside my guide saw this guy as a full body. My guide got close and my guide introduced himself and started to extend his hand to shake and the figure DISAPPEARED. We spent considerable time on the tour and I brought the question of ghosts up as it is an interest of mine. Got to give this guy and the story  95% credibility. I would not likely have gotten the story if I didn't pry.

My point with my story; I am convinced old forts, pubs, prisons, burial sights, battlefields, insane asylums, hospitals. yadda yadda, etc. are far more likely to be haunted than some random place and that knowledge is in the Papameter algorithm.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Another one in England, eh. Too bad that's a little far for my nights out.

Never mind...

"One of Detroit's historic theatres will be letting people lock themselves in for a paranormal hunt.

"Motor City Ghost Hunters will be holding the first ever Paranormal Lock-In at the Redford Theatre. It's a first of its kind event.

"The theatre opened in 1928 and is operated by the Motor City Theatre Organ Society. It will happen on Oct. 13 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m."

https://www.wxyz.com/news/lock-yourself-in-the-redford-theatre-with-motor-city-ghost-hunters

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ghosts (as in alleged entities in control of there own destiny, reacting to the living in some way) do not exist, therefore reports of ghosts are lies ...

Having said that there's a good chance that SOME of these reports are of atmospheric videotaping 

Edit to add:

i felt the need to add the word SOME in there

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

ghosts (as in alleged entities in control of there own destiny, reacting to the living in some way) do not exist, therefore reports of ghosts are lies ...

That settles that.

27 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

atmospheric videotaping 

I must ask though. What's that? Even google didn't tell me.

22 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I must ask though. What's that? Even google didn't tell me.

you're right, for some weird reason it doesn't!

All i'm going by is i remember watching a documentary on ghosts, a : "what's really going on here" type documentary that put forward the fact (apparently) due to a laboratory experiment:

the atmosphere creates magnetism like that on a videotape. The atmosphere (under very rare conditions) can record things.

Unfortunately, it's a double rare situation because the atmosphere has to be under some very rare conditions to play it back that was proved as above.. so i was told

It seems logical enough to me & can explain ghosts being white due to it playing back as a negative, & also the walking through walls thingy due to the wall not being there at the time of the recording.

This phenomenon you're witnessing may not be of someone who's dead because this rare phenomenon may have recorded & played back after only a few weeks/ months or years!

Who knows? I don't that's for sure

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you're right, for some weird reason it doesn't!

All i'm going by is i remember watching a documentary on ghosts, a : "what's really going on here" type documentary that put forward the fact (apparently) due to a laboratory experiment:

the atmosphere creates magnetism like that on a videotape. The atmosphere (under very rare conditions) can record things.

Unfortunately, it's a double rare situation because the atmosphere has to be under some very rare conditions to play it back that was proved as above.. so i was told

It seems logical enough to me & can explain ghosts being white due to it playing back as a negative, & also the walking through walls thingy due to the wall not being there at the time of the recording.

This phenomenon you're witnessing may not be of someone who's dead because this rare phenomenon may have recorded & played back after only a few weeks/ months or years!

Who knows? I don't that's for sure

You might well be thinking of a phenomena called 'residual haunting' more associated with stone structures (rather than the atmosphere which is constantly moving).

I do accept residual hauntings along with intelligent hauntings (as in the OP) myself as being real.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

You might well be thinking of a phenomena called 'residual haunting' more associated with stone structures

no I'm not, though it's on the same lines with regards to magnetic tape (audio & video)

do you not except 'atmospherical videotaping' as a possible reason for claims of ghosts? At least in some cases..

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

do you not except 'atmospherical videotaping' as a possible reason for claims of ghosts? At least in some cases..

Can't say if that relates to some ghost claims as I don't understand it, sorry.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Can't say if that relates to some ghost claims as I don't understand it, sorry.

fair enough 

Chained to the wall until starved to death for stealing beer?  That’s nuts. Wonder if it’s true?

12 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Never mind...

"One of Detroit's historic theatres will be letting people lock themselves in for a paranormal hunt.

"Motor City Ghost Hunters will be holding the first ever Paranormal Lock-In at the Redford Theatre. It's a first of its kind event.

"The theatre opened in 1928 and is operated by the Motor City Theatre Organ Society. It will happen on Oct. 13 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m."

https://www.wxyz.com/news/lock-yourself-in-the-redford-theatre-with-motor-city-ghost-hunters

There you go PG. You can get some real world experience with the paranormal. 

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Chained to the wall until starved to death for stealing beer?  That’s nuts. Wonder if it’s true?

I just head a modern story from Africa about a bunch of unpaid train passengers getting shot.

• Sad 2

On 9/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, Dejarma said:

Having said that there's a good chance that SOME of these reports are of atmospheric videotaping 

Edit to add:

i felt the need to add the word SOME in there

And how do you KNOW they do not exist? 

Admittedly ghosts come in many forms, from  simple energy forms and energy recordings,  to more aware and interactive varieties, including some who can interact with the physical environment and people.

Some are attached to a place. Others are attached to objects, and can move long distances, as the object is moved in the present time  

But why do you say   that such interactive ghosts do not exist? 

That has to be a belief statement, and so you cannot,  in a  factual way,  conclude, "therefore........

Edited by Mr Walker

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

But why do you say   that such interactive ghosts do not exist? 

That has to be a belief statement, and so you cannot,  in a  factual way,  conclude, "therefore........

not in a factual way because it's hard to prove a negative.

In a logical, rational way, yes:

how many humans have died in the past 100/ 200 thousand years, it must be in the trillions, yet ghosts & spirits STILL sit in the strange phenomenon category.

This is because they do not exist, despite all the STORIES.. & that's the only evidence we have= stories

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

how many humans have died in the past 100/ 200 thousand years, it must be in the trillions,

One academic estimated 100 Billion in the last 50,000 years. 

If i was a ghost you wont imagine what i would do.......practical jokes and everything....

7 hours ago, Dejarma said:

your point?

It's an interesting thought jarmy, all those people who have preceded us. And I have heard it said, urban myth style, that there are more people alive today, than have ever died, which is obviously well wide of the mark.

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

It's an interesting thought jarmy, all those people who have preceded us. And I have heard it said, urban myth style, that there are more people alive today, than have ever died, which is obviously well wide of the mark.

with regards to my initial reply you responded to: i've still no idea of the point you're making.

maybe i'm having an extra thicky thick day?;)

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

with regards to my initial reply you responded to: i've still no idea of the point you're making.

maybe i'm having an extra thicky thick day?;)

You estimated trillions, I wouldn't have guessed near as high as 100 Billion, but I think he was using 50,000 years as the time span. As to any connection with the legions of the deceased, and manifestations of the ghostly ot poltergeist kind, one might assume that if they all, or even a few, go on to permanently create such "disturbances", it would be extremely common. But it seems not to be.

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You estimated trillions, I wouldn't have guessed near as high as 100 Billion, but I think he was using 50,000 years as the time span. As to any connection with the legions of the deceased, and manifestations of the ghostly ot poltergeist kind, one might assume that if they all, or even a few, go on to permanently create such "disturbances", it would be extremely common. But it seems not to be.

so you agree with my initial point then?

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

so you agree with my initial point then?

I agree that if the dead all graduated to becoming active in the ghost "scene", we would be swamped by it. But I do not profess to know how matters are ordered in the "beyond".