Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Suffolk pub's politically incorrect ghosts

Eldorado

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I agree that if the dead all graduated to becoming active in the ghost "scene", we would be swamped by it. But I do not profess to know how matters are ordered in the "beyond".

there's no beyoned imo... i take it you feel there is? best we leave it at that, HappyTit

have a good day, & try not to step on any land mines, if you can help it;)

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

there's no beyoned imo

Your opinion doesn't really affect the wider situation, but may affect how the "beyond" sees you ! 

Just now, Habitat said:

Your opinion doesn't really affect the wider situation, but may affect how the "beyond" sees you ! 

oh ok then

Just now, Dejarma said:

oh ok then

No bovver, guv.

16 hours ago, Dejarma said:

not in a factual way because it's hard to prove a negative.

In a logical, rational way, yes:

how many humans have died in the past 100/ 200 thousand years, it must be in the trillions, yet ghosts & spirits STILL sit in the strange phenomenon category.

This is because they do not exist, despite all the STORIES.. & that's the only evidence we have= stories

Maybe its because, due to their nature, they ARE  in the strange phenomenum category  :) 

The platypus was once in this category in Europe, and the coelacanth  existed, but was unknown for many millennia 

No; the evidence many people have is of their own eyes and experiences, plus of course the patterns and repetitions and overlap with many sightings and appearances   The only evidence YOU have is other peoples' stories, but many humans have evidences of their own experiences, which they then tell as stories 

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

You estimated trillions, I wouldn't have guessed near as high as 100 Billion, but I think he was using 50,000 years as the time span. As to any connection with the legions of the deceased, and manifestations of the ghostly ot poltergeist kind, one might assume that if they all, or even a few, go on to permanently create such "disturbances", it would be extremely common. But it seems not to be.

it IS extremely common Most people you speak openly(non judgmentally)  with, have a t least one personal encounter with a ghost, and some have many.  eg 60% of Americans claim to have encountered a ghost  

About 40% of people believe their pets have encountered a ghost  (from their reaction)

20% of australians claim to have encountered a ghost (Personally I would put it higher than that. Most people i speak to have encountered a t least one.) 

Edited by Mr Walker

15 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

it IS extremely common Most people you speak openly(non judgmentally)  with, have a t least one personal encounter with a ghost, and some have many.  eg 60% of Americans claim to have encountered a ghost  

About 40% of people believe their pets have encountered a ghost  (from their reaction)

20% of australians claim to have encountered a ghost (Personally I would put it higher than that. Most people i speak to have encountered a t least one.) 

Well, I guess I mean a common occurrence within a lifetime, as in say, every week or two, there being an unimaginably large number of the dead to be possible ghost candidates, but it is all just speculation.

22 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

The platypus was once in this category in Europe, and the coelacanth  existed, but was unknown for many millennia 

yeah sure but they are known as fact now, aint they! & why is this? i'll tell you: 'because they really exist'

Example:

a German officer over 100 years ago; with limited tech ventured into the mountains of Africa looking for a large hairy man.

This large hairy man was classed as a <strange phenomenon> for years but was discovered. Why is this? Because it really exists!

Yet Americans in 2019 who believe in bigfoot; with all the amazing tech we have today still haven't proved it exists= & it's on their own doorstep. Why is this?

This means it does not exist:

how's that for a bit of logic & rational thinking!?

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how's that for a bit of logic & rational thinking!?

Straight to the top of the class !

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Straight to the top of the class !

yeah wonderful.. Seriously; Let's see if you're actually capable of having an intelligent logical adult debate with me:

do you agree with my logic/ rational thinking or not?

If not then put your case forward.. Let's see what ya got- just out of interest

all those happy haunts in one place for decades and zero proof.

yet another "story" that ahem puts another nail in the coffin ghosts do not exist outside the delusions of the believers mind,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

do you agree with my logic/ rational thinking or not?

About "Bigfoot" ? Of course, there is no beastie of that character, evading capture, unless it is some kind of "phantom", no way it is like the gorilla, just not even remotely possible.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:20 PM, OverSword said:

Chained to the wall until starved to death for stealing beer?  That’s nuts. Wonder if it’s true?

The UKs history is mostly vile. I'd say that part of the story might be true.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brian100 said:

Would be nice to be able to review these ghost stories without the hecklers around. Thanks for sharing.

nice trolling....

this, the last time i checked  is an open public forum for discussion, not just a group of blind faith true believers saying everything is likely paranormal but also people who like to think openly outside that box and come up with other possibilities.

• Haha 1

Free advertising. It boggles the mind the number of bars, pubs, inns, playhouses and other olde time shoppes that are haunted. Never a shopping mall or walmart, target or 7-11.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

Free advertising. It boggles the mind the number of bars, pubs, inns, playhouses and other olde time shoppes that are haunted. Never a shopping mall or walmart, target or 7-11.

be so sure if i still had a club it would be way haunted,