Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'People are saying it's aliens' panic in UK

Eldorado

"Friday 13th turned into a horror for many onlookers last night after weird lights in the sky prompted fears of crashing planes or an alien invasion.

"Callers phoned the police in droves after spotting stunt aircraft with flames shooting from the back of them.

"Lots of videos posted on social media featured people screaming as they spotted flaming aircraft crashing through the skies.

"Other’s panicked it was something even more cataclysmic, such as an alien invasion."

Full report at Leicestershire Live: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/people-saying-its-aliens-leicester-3319299

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Space whale's entering the atmosphere.

Yeah, I think that's a lot more plausible than alien spacecraft for sure! :lol:

I found it hard to watch as the person must've been drunk who was filming.  

• Like 1

That's a great event. The cause was known but it made people wonder. Of course it makes people wonder. It was unusual.

Papameter 90% UFO invasion 10% inter dimensional BF contact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

From the piece:

Speaking after a previous display led to claims of 'UFOs', AeroSPARX team leader Guy Westgate told LeicestershireLive in June: "When we fly we always get people calling 999 worrying that an airplane is on fire.

Psst... Guy... maybe you could TELL people BEFORE you fly?  :w00t:

• Like 5

Boris Johnson's Brexit Cabinet?

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Space whale's entering the atmosphere.

I wonder if it will be friends with me.

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

From the piece:

Speaking after a previous display led to claims of 'UFOs', AeroSPARX team leader Guy Westgate told LeicestershireLive in June: "When we fly we always get people calling 999 worrying that an airplane is on fire.

The reporting is as you'd expect from any local newspaper extremely poor, but any organised aerobatic display would have been cleared with the Civil Aviation Authority. I'm sure they did publicise it, they may well have even publicised it through Leicester Live, but you know what people on Social Media are like.

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, and then said:

From the piece:

It would have been in a NOTAM. General public are only aware if they are aviation enthusiasts.

Having said that, it is stupid if multiple people did call the police. 

It’s obviously aircraft in control even in that low quality video. 

• Like 1

This is the kind of thing, only filmed properly rather than by someone holding his phone in portrait mode. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Article 'its coming right towards us!'. Well, if it hits you, we'll know what the hell it is.

12 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

This is the kind of thing, only filmed properly rather than by someone holding his phone in portrait mode. 

Yup. It was also a publicity stunt for a new show, according to the following link. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/bbc-reveal-glowing-planes-night-3319613

Edited to add: It was mentioned that in the link posted by Dumbledore. I missed watching/reading his post before posting this. 

Edited by Hazel Eyes
Whoops, It mentioned that in the link posted by Dumbledore.

13 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The reporting is as you'd expect from any local newspaper extremely poor, but any organised aerobatic display would have been cleared with the Civil Aviation Authority. I'm sure they did publicise it, they may well have even publicised it through Leicester Live, but you know what people on Social Media are like.

its been about 7 years back i was still in orlando, and i get awoke to low fast flying jets, it did sound scary, i go out and lots of planes in the sky, it was weird, 

my neighbor who was a very anal excitable fellow is screaming on his phone to 911,

i had already relaxed seeing most craft were vintage, another neighbor came out and announced it was just an air show, the anal neighbor got even more upset over that.

5 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

Looks more like fireworks attached to drones than just fireworks on their own. You can see some kind of structure just underneath the sparks.

That's because they are actually planes. Gliders, to be precise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A man made object that exploded in the sky.