Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cat's Ghost Successfully Photographed

zygote

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You are nicer than I am.  I do not dispute paranormal phenomena, but things like photos are not something I consider proof of anything as I learned how to make double exposures, etc. on film.  I know digitally things have to be done differently.  I have a lot of photos of my grandsons (one in particular) surrounded by orbs.  I am sure they are not an artifact of lighting or dirty lens but I will not share them or argue with anyone about them as I am still not sure what the significance is. 

at any given time i can take countless "orb" pics in my basement attic where ever, in my case i dont know whats causing them and will only rule out paranormal, because thats just how i am about it.

in context if either of us posted that we feel our orb pics are paranormal we will get those who will defend it it true, belief isnt fact or truth, and if we asked for prosaic photography explanations we would get those also.

if you believe your orbs are not prosaic and can only be paranormal i can respect you believe that yet not share in your belief.

in this threads pic, i have a phone full of reasons for it not to prove ghost cat to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You are nicer than I am.  

I try to be objective based on my assessment of all my human experiences. I think most people are honest when telling their experiences. 

In this case it would have to have been a blatant intentional lie. Possible.

Edited by papageorge1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I try to be objective based on my assessment of all my human experiences. I think most people are honest when telling their experiences. 

I am the same way but have different experiences.  There are some circumstances where I will give someone the benefit of the doubt, but others where I have experienced too many hoaxers or people who are not reasonable with their "proof".

• Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I am the same way but have different experiences.  There are some circumstances where I will give someone the benefit of the doubt, but others where I have experienced too many hoaxers or people who are not reasonable with their "proof".

But where was this person not reasonable?

Here's the issue. It's just stories. About a subjective experience that is up for interpretation. They might has seen something, experienced something and that something might not be what they think it actually was. So instead of saying this percent or that percent, just take it as a tale. Because putting any % on story or claim that can not be authenticated just shows your bias, which is why I poke fun at the 'meter'. When you do that it basically shows us how bias you really are. 

Another thing, if these entities are real. What's stopping me from sending a malicious entity to haunt you? Unless you don't think such things are possible, which would beg the question about how much you believe the paranormal/supernatural is real. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But where was this person not reasonable?

I already said that I don't trust photos as proof of anything because I know they can be manipulated.  If I don't know the person, then I would have to look them in the eyes to get whether I think they are trust worthy or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I already said that I don't trust photos as proof of anything because I know they can be manipulated.  If I don't know the person, then I would have to look them in the eyes to get whether I think they are trust worthy or not.

Right, it's back to our trust of random people issue. I generally find people basically honest about their experiences without knowing for sure, so I consider while reserving certainty.

In this case it would have to been a blatant lie as there was no physical cat to cause an honest mistake.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

most people are honest? thats nice.

i try to start with beinfit of doubt,  i dont like calling people liars in fact i find it better to be delusinal, even have mental issues distorting a persons view of reality than to just be some liar,  i have met both.

just because i go into it being open doesnt mean the person doesnt sadly too many times prove me wrong,

countless times i have in a very objective way asked for evidence, proof, and nearly instantly the fire storm furor of ad hominem attacks begain,

not my fault they are angry they have zero and to take it out on me for mearly not being a gullible blind faith true believer of their story,

so of course right there they loose all credibility and intregrity with me.

Fish mentioned something that i had really jar me in the early 90s when i was working both at a Santeria botanical and deejaying a goth club, i never saw such deep blind belief in a person it really messed up his life, i hope hes okay now.

• Like 1

Right, it's back to our trust of random people issue. I generally find people basically honest about their experiences without knowing for sure, so I consider while reserving certainty.

In this case it would have to been a blatant lie as there was no physical cat to cause an honest mistake.

Well, I have the opposite attitude, in certain things people are not basically honest, whether it is with them selves or others.  And paranormal activity is one of those things.  Were you there when the person took the photograph or are you taking that person's word or do you have other information that leads to to know there was no cat?

• Like 1

In this case it would have to been a blatant lie as there was no physical cat to cause an honest mistake

not so fast, if she is way "off" then she might really believe its her dead cat, and in that its not a blantant lie, to me its only a lie if the teller knows it they might be so deep in mental issues they do not know real from imagined, i believe the lady we bought this house from was like that, the stories she told to lots of people she believed but i have seen zero evidence anything existed outside her own mind.

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Here's the issue. It's just stories. About a subjective experience that is up for interpretation. They might has seen something, experienced something and that something might not be what they think it actually was. So instead of saying this percent or that percent, just take it as a tale. Because putting any % on story or claim that can not be authenticated just shows your bias, which is why I poke fun at the 'meter'. When you do that it basically shows us how bias you really are. 

One thread is not very strong. Enough threads can form a strong twain. That's logical in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Another thing, if these entities are real. What's stopping me from sending a malicious entity to haunt you? Unless you don't think such things are possible, which would beg the question about how much you believe the paranormal/supernatural is real. 

I absolutely believe the paranormal is real and will exercise my freedom of speech. It's an important subject that eventually touches on the most important questions of life so I will speak the truth for the edification of others even if personally threatened.

• Confused 1

One thread is not very strong. Enough threads can form a strong twain. That's logical in my opinion.

Logic or just confirmation bias? 

I absolutely believe the paranormal is real and will exercise my freedom of speech. It's an important subject that eventually touches on the most important questions of life so I will speak the truth for the edification of others even if personally threatened.

This doesn't answer my question to you. What is stopping me for sending a 'demonic' entity to haunt you? Do you believe that I can'do it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thread is not very strong. Enough threads can form a strong twain. That's logical in my opinion

i disagree, milkions of kids believe in santa ir easter bunny etc, andvrell stiries about it doesnt make it real

I absolutely believe the paranormal is real and will exercise my freedom of speech. It's an important subject that eventually touches on the most important questions of life so I will speak the truth for the edification of others even if personally threatened

i firmly think your belief in paranormal comes out of fear.

2 minutes ago, brian100 said:

Ghosts are transparent.

Moving cats with slow camera speeds are not.

ghosts are only real in the minds of the believer, zero proof otherwise.

and what irony, you think the cat pic is a hoax but the elf video was real.

57 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And about the unformed head area?

is that an insult?

so ghosts distort shadows now, do they? how do you know this?

Just now, the13bats said:

ghosts are only real in the minds of the believer, zero proof otherwise.

and what irony, you think the cat pic is a hoax but the elf video was real.

That's a little narrow minded don't you think?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, I have the opposite attitude, in certain things people are not basically honest, whether it is with them selves or others.  And paranormal activity is one of those things.  

I have heard many people tell of their experiences that suggest the paranormal and I honestly believe they were genuinely not lying in most cases.

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Were you there when the person took the photograph or are you taking that person's word or do you have other information that leads to to know there was no cat?

On that I think the person would have figured that possibility out themselves, if there was another cat around. But yes, I can't say that's impossible. And that is not a normal looking cat either! 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, brian100 said:

That's a little narrow minded don't you think?

sure, i mean how can you be so keen on the cat pix yet so askew on the elf video.

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

not so fast, if she is way "off" then she might really believe its her dead cat, and in that its not a blantant lie, to me its only a lie if the teller knows it they might be so deep in mental issues they do not know real from imagined, i believe the lady we bought this house from was like that, the stories she told to lots of people she believed but i have seen zero evidence anything existed outside her own mind.

Never doubted the possibility that the person is delusional either. But that picture would take some brains to create. All things I consider.

I have heard many people tell of their experiences that suggest the paranormal and I honestly believe they were genuinely not lying in most cases

again you seemly on purpose leave out a very real very common issue with extraordinary otherworldly claims, some arent lying they have mental issues, so in that they are sincere but its still not real, truth or fact.

11 minutes ago, brian100 said:

Ghosts are transparent.

Moving cats with slow camera speeds are not.

I believe there can be ghosts in various states of materialization. The theory here is an incomplete materialization producing something unnatural looking.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:
16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Never doubted the possibility that the person is delusional either. But that picture would take some brains to create. All things I consider

are you suggesting mentally ill cant create great works??? i call epic hogwash.

Just now, SecretSanta said:

Did anyone read the blog that these photos came from? :blink:

yeah, see why i lean to mental issues?

• Thanks 1