Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens in a Vacuum?

brian100

So when you place air in a vacuum like a balloon it decompresses or expands.

Balloon test in a vacuum

NASA is testing its spacesuit with a live human subject in the vacuum chamber and the same thing happened. AT 6 min.  He blows up like a basketball and flips over feet up in the air unconscious.

So Nasa found out that you can't put man in a Vacuum. They went to the underwater training after this which mimics the low earth orbit gases.  I saw the unedited video and they claimed he sprung a leak. Maybe it sucked the air from his suit?

Edited by brian100
add moire

Humans and animals exposed to vacuum will lose consciousness after a few seconds and die of hypoxia within minutes, but the symptoms are not nearly as graphic as commonly depicted in media and popular culture.

That's what almost happened to the test subject.

My head hurts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The M&^^^&&^ has the max vacuum like in a chamber?  Really strange I'm scratching my head now.

haha-dumbass.gif

Edited by brian100
add a gif

1 hour ago, brian100 said:

The M&^^^&&^ has the max vacuum like in a chamber?  Really strange I'm scratching my head now.

Have you bothered to see how the suit was constructed?

3 hours ago, brian100 said:

NASA is testing its spacesuit with a live human subject in the vacuum chamber and the same thing happened. AT 6 min.  He blows up like a basketball and flips over feet up in the air unconscious.

So Nasa found out that you can't put man in a Vacuum. They went to the underwater training after this which mimics the low earth orbit gases.  I saw the unedited video and they claimed he sprung a leak. Maybe it sucked the air from his suit?

It was interesting that the narator mentioned a 'lie of omission'.

... At some point during the test, LeBlanc's pressurization hose became detached from the space suit.[27] Even though this caused his suit pressure to drop from 3.8 psi (26.2 kPa) to 0.1 psi (0.7 kPa) in less than 10 seconds, LeBlanc remained conscious for about 14 seconds before losing consciousness due to hypoxia; the much lower pressure outside the body causes rapid de-oxygenation of the blood. “As I stumbled backwards, I could feel the saliva on my tongue starting to bubble just before I went unconscious and that’s the last thing I remember,” recalls LeBlanc.[28] The chamber was rapidly pressurized and LeBlanc was given emergency oxygen 25 seconds later. He recovered almost immediately with just an earache and no permanent damage.[29][30]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_spaceflight_on_the_human_body#Vacuum

1 hour ago, and then said:

My head hurts...

Welcome to the club! 

>hands and then a cool compress and 2 aspirin<

2 hours ago, brian100 said:

I heard now they wear G suits.

but the air still expands.

Does this mean you're saying there's no way to successfully contain a higher pressure inside a container while there's lower pressure outside? I guess that means that commercial aircraft and pressure cookers are fake...

Or does this mean you're saying that just space suits are fake?

Does this include the Soviet ones? Remember, it was the Soviets who achieved the first space walk...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian100 said:

Yeah I'm sure his hose detached when he blew up like the tire guy on TV.

He didn't blow up like the Michelin Man.  He lost consciousness and collapsed.

Edited by Golden Duck

640px-S71-24537-A7L_without_outerlayer.j

dd4cd1f8883775c544a68a7ca2519c39_origina

@brian100 Please do not post continuations of arguments from closed threads

This has already been discussed to death in your "We never went to the moon" thread.

Closed.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked