Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats call for Kavanaugh impeachment

Unusual Tournament

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The funny thing is, if one of them or I screws up.  It's still the owner's fault. Weird how that works.  Accountability and all that.

It depends. If one of them went postal and killed a couple of other employees or a custumer you more than likely wouldn't be charged with murder. And unless there had been complaints about them, that you ignored, you couldn't be considered liable. If you saw the signs and fired them before there was a problem I would call that problem solving.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Do you mean will he get a sweetheart deal like Epstein did back in the day?  I don't think Trump is classed as "intelligence" like Epstein was, so perhaps not.  Maybe he'll get house arrest and be able to stay at Mar-A-Lago and golf to his heart's content all day long for as many years as his sentence might be.  That's about as strict as the law appears to be right now sadly.  Maybe I'm just so jaded from following the Epstein case though. ;) 

It was more to point out how high profile Epstein is and why both Barr and Trump should have been aware of the conditions their subordinates were keeping him in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

Kavanaugh could totally vote with the liberal judges until the cows come home...only 1 reason they want to destroy him...because sooner or later they know he wll vote to overturn Roe v Wade.

If they do end up voting to overturn Roe v Wade - will that mean the USA (I'm guessing all states???) will not be able to perform abortions under any circumstances legally?

Essentially Abortion will be illegal.  

33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It was more to point out how high profile Epstein is and why both Barr and Trump should have been aware of the conditions their subordinates were keeping him in.

Oh for sure, I'm actually very p'd off about it.  I thought that Barr at least should've had private security watching this one.  I have since wracked my brain thinking how the heck anyone could've put him in a place without private security or something other than the "normal" guard/staff/warden of the place.  It leaves them so open to bribery...anything.  Barr can't have that much faith in their justice and prison system surely.....that's what I can't believe.  

I figured I should try to get out of the Epstein thread to see if the world was ending or not....unfortunately, I'm a bit Epstein brainwashed.  My apologies to all - feel free to kick me out of this thread if I speak of Epstein once more. :P  :lol:

Edited by Gwynbleidd
epstein...epstein...epstein....I need a life.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

If they do end up voting to overturn Roe v Wade - will that mean the USA (I'm guessing all states???) will not be able to perform abortions under any circumstances legally?

No, it's up to the individual states even after Roe v Wade.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

It depends. If one of them went postal and killed a couple of other employees or a custumer you more than likely wouldn't be charged with murder. And unless there had been complaints about them, that you ignored, you couldn't be considered liable. If you saw the signs and fired them before there was a problem I would call that problem solving.

That's a completely different situation than the negligence that occurred with Epstein.  Neither Barr nor Trump are being charged with murder.  Guards on forced overtime who were sleeping.  Broken cameras.  Etc.

• Like 1

Ooh ok, I thought RvW was a National thing, thanks Michelle.  Gosh, I get so confused with your laws :lol:

Not necessarily.  They could determine an embryo's life outweighs a woman's control of her body.  Remember Supreme Court decisions are interpretations of the Constitution.  State's laws would not supersede the Constitution.  My big beef with it is that a government that can force a woman to give birth can equally force people not too.  Once you hand that choice to the government over the individual, it's hard to get back.

31 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Or maybe he just sucks at presidenting?

I'm a foreman of a construction crew.  I get yelled at all day by the customer, other contractors, my own guys.  I have to deal with silly things daily and yet, I still get my job done and ensure the crew gets theirs done too..

Just out of curiosity.  If Trump gets jailed, goes to a DoJ jail, and gets killed- you are fine with excusing the new Attorney General and President right?  Because Epstein was literally that high profile.

Tell me you are not seriously comparing being a construction crew foreman to being President of the United States.  You could be president of General Motors and it still wouldn't compare to the complexity of running the country.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Ooh ok, I thought RvW was a National thing, thanks Michelle.  Gosh, I get so confused with your laws :lol:

It is confusing. They might have to make it available and legal for people who absolutely need one, but make it vey inconvenient for people who want one just because they don't want a child. Doctors can also opt out of doing it..

• Like 1

Just now, Big Jim said:

Tell me you are not seriously comparing being a construction crew foreman to being President of the United States.  You could be president of General Motors and it still wouldn't compare to the complexity of running the country.

For the concept of accountability?  Yes I am.  It is something universal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Modern journalism requires none of that. You can just make up anything and it will be believed.  

Big Jim, that is not real journalism as the  Founding Fathers envisioned it.   There are still honest investigative reporters.  Real journalism does still exist, it just gets upstaged by infotainment and  entertainment pretending to be news.

Facts are often dull.  Scandal is entertaining.  Sensational sells advertising.

Most people in this country would rather listen to a Kardashian conversation about each others bodily fluids floating in the hot tub than a 5 minute talk or read a 500 word article about how the US judicial system works.

We created this media ourselves by getting slack and lazy, wanting to be entertained rather than thinking..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Big Jim, that is not real journalism as the  Founding Fathers envisioned it.   There are still honest investigative reporters.  Real journalism does still exist, it just gets upstaged by infotainment and  entertainment pretending to be news.

Facts are often dull.  Scandal is entertaining.  Sensational sells advertising.

Most people in this country would rather listen to a Kardashian conversation about each others bodily fluids floating in the hot tub than a 5 minute talk or read a 500 word article about how the US judicial system works.

We created this media ourselves by getting slack and lazy, wanting to be entertained rather than thinking..

I know that.  Unfortunately, the people who make up stories to use as political weapons are still called journalists.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, F3SS said:

His death? Who gives a hoot about his death? You think my concern is with the investigation of his death? Sure it was a major flub on all accounts but I could really care less about that. I'm talking about how nice it would be to see journalism at large at the very least have an interest in looking into his network of people and crimes let alone actually making the spectacle of it that it deserves. 

That won’t happen. Too many kings of media, industry and government were no doubt regular guests of his snorting cocaine until it seemed like having sex with little girls was an okay thing to do.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It is confusing. They might have to make it available and legal for people who absolutely need one, but make it vey inconvenient for people who want one just because they don't want a child. Doctors can also opt out of doing it..

Oh gosh speaking of Doctors who provide abortions - did you see that Doctor (it was the same State as Mike Pence was once Gov or something there) who had over 2000 aborted fetuses in his house that they found after he died????  Absolutely astonishing.  I wonder what he was keeping them for.  :o 

• Sad 1

I know...how sick was that?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

For the concept of accountability?  Yes I am.  It is something universal. 

Personally, I love the concept of accountability - but how often is a politician held accountable for something their minions have done.  Practically never.  

For example, at the moment, I'm trying to get a plasterer to own his mistake of nailing through a wall and busting a water pipe under pressure.  To me, he needs to be held responsible for his mistake.  He's trying to blame it on the plumber who clearly had the pipes 50/50 in the wall to allow for plastering to be done either side.  The builder in charge is going to pull down the wall (costing more money) to investigate if the pipes are indeed 50/50 from each side - when it's the plasterer's fault in the beginning!  Don't put a nail where the pipes are!!  Omg....stress. Just own up to mistakes and take responsibility for them is all I ask of people.  Sadly, not many people do this in this world we live in today.  Always excuses.  :( 

4 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Oh gosh speaking of Doctors who provide abortions - did you see that Doctor (it was the same State as Mike Pence was once Gov or something there) who had over 2000 aborted fetuses in his house that they found after he died????  Absolutely astonishing.  I wonder what he was keeping them for.  :o 

He might have been performing them at his house.  He lost his job a quite a few years back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

ell me you are not seriously comparing being a construction crew foreman to being President of the United States.  You could be president of General Motors and it still wouldn't compare to the complexity of running the country.

Good point.  That is why Rex Tillerson would have made a much better president than Donald Trump.   Rex managed a worldwide corporation wit 100,000 or so employees, a board of directors, and stockholders he had to keep happy.  Roughly it was 100 times as big as Trump enterprises. 

Donald inherited a mom and pop real estate business.  He answered to nobody, his judgement was not questioned.  Watch his old interviews, he took credit for everything and even exaggerated it out of proportion.  He passed the buck on everything  that went wrong.  

That is not much preparation for becoming president.

2 hours ago, joc said:

Kavanaugh could totally vote with the liberal judges until the cows come home...only 1 reason they want to destroy him...because sooner or later they know he wll vote to overturn Roe v Wade.

He can’t. Once there were challenges to aspects of RvW and they were ruled on RvW was at that point made the law of the land. It’s out of the SC’s hands. There is one way to reverse RvW and that is for the legislative branch to write and pass a new law making abortion illegal and the president to sign it. That is why when asked if he would vote to overturn RvW at his confirmation hearing his answer was consistently that its an irrelevant question RvW is the law of the land. Our politicians know it but act like it’s a legitimate subject in order to keep the sheep angry and at each other’s throats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Personally, I love the concept of accountability - but how often is a politician held accountable for something their minions have done.  Practically never.  

For example, at the moment, I'm trying to get a plasterer to own his mistake of nailing through a wall and busting a water pipe under pressure.  To me, he needs to be held responsible for his mistake.  He's trying to blame it on the plumber who clearly had the pipes 50/50 in the wall to allow for plastering to be done either side.  The builder in charge is going to pull down the wall (costing more money) to investigate if the pipes are indeed 50/50 from each side - when it's the plasterer's fault in the beginning!  Don't put a nail where the pipes are!!  Omg....stress. Just own up to mistakes and take responsibility for them is all I ask of people.  Sadly, not many people do this in this world we live in today.  Always excuses.  :( 

Yeah.  Too many people forget the concept and thus stop holding the standard to others.  We've just literally heard that Epstein's death was the Democrat's fault for distracting the administration.   There won't be an in depth investigation just like there won't be one with Kavanaugh.

Edited by Gromdor
punctuation
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

They can’t. See above. Post #70

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Really? So if you screw up there are no consequences? We both know that’s not true.

The owner might fire Gromdor but the $500,000 law suit from the unhappy client goes to the owner.  A good reason to have insurance right.  Imagine the owner saying, "Hey I fired the guy who caused the damage, what more do you want?"

Trump could fire Barr, and he would too if he wasn't such a good pool boy.

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Really? So if you screw up there are no consequences? We both know that’s not true.

Oh, it would be my fault too.  My point is the higher ups aren't exonerated just because I am a convenient layer between them and the issue.

Case in point.  Three of our guys rented a cottage.  Told the owner the power plant they were working at and proceeded to get drunk, pee on the couch, breaks a glass door, and then skips out on rent.  Owner calls the power plant, power plant calls the company.  Production Manager drives 6hrs and pays $2000 for damages.   Who is held responsible?  Just the guys?  Nope.  The company owner, company and the guys. 

Edited by Gromdor