Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats call for Kavanaugh impeachment

Unusual Tournament

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

The owner might fire Gromdor but the $500,000 law suit from the unhappy client goes to the owner.  A good reason to have insurance right.  Imagine the owner saying, "Hey I fired the guy who caused the damage, what more do you want?"

Trump could fire Barr, and he would too if he wasn't such a good pool boy.

Yeah, he would get sued because he owns the bond and the insurance. That doesn’t make it his fault 

Just now, OverSword said:

Yeah, he would get sued because he owns the bond and the insurance. That doesn’t make it his fault 

Yeah he would, he hired me and placed me there.

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Oh, it would be my fault too.  My point is the higher ups aren't exonerated just because I am a convenient layer between them and the issue.

Case in point.  Three of our guys rented a cottage.  Told the owner the power plant they were working at and proceeded to get drunk, pee on the couch, breaks a glass door, and then skips out on rent.  Owner calls the power plant, power plant calls the company.  Production Manager drives 6hrs and pays $2000 for damages.   Who is held responsible?  Just the guys?  Nope.  The owner, company and the guys. 

Because the three guys didn’t rent ****. The company did. 

Yeah he would, he hired me and placed me there.

Responsibility is not fault. You’re talking to an insurance agent, don’t waste your breath.

Because the three guys didn’t rent ****. The company did. 

Nah, they did.  It was in their name.  Company paid per diem but left getting accommodations to them.  The guys thought they could sneak away because they didn't leave their names or the company they were working for.  Their only mistake was mentioning that they were working at the powerhouse.  It wasn't a scheduled outage and our company was the only contractor on site.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Personally, I love the concept of accountability - but how often is a politician held accountable for something their minions have done.  Practically never.  

For example, at the moment, I'm trying to get a plasterer to own his mistake of nailing through a wall and busting a water pipe under pressure.  To me, he needs to be held responsible for his mistake.  He's trying to blame it on the plumber who clearly had the pipes 50/50 in the wall to allow for plastering to be done either side.  The builder in charge is going to pull down the wall (costing more money) to investigate if the pipes are indeed 50/50 from each side - when it's the plasterer's fault in the beginning!  Don't put a nail where the pipes are!!  Omg....stress. Just own up to mistakes and take responsibility for them is all I ask of people.  Sadly, not many people do this in this world we live in today.  Always excuses.  :( 

Just curious... 

What is the width of the wall and length of nail/screw that penetrated the water pipe?

• Like 1

Is there not a difference between fault and responsibility?  There used to be a differentiation between the two.

I think that is why Harry Truman said, "The buck stops here."

Listen to a political apology or mea culpa today:  "MISTAKES WERE MADE."  Not, "I made a mistake."  No its more like don't blame me, some force came out of the blue and made a mistake.  No admission of responsibility or regret at all.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Responsibility is not fault. You’re talking to an insurance agent, don’t waste your breath.

See that's just it.  I'm not talking legal responsibility for purposes of suing for damages.  But I do have to ask.  Does Epstein's family have a case for a lawsuit against Barr and the DoJ for his death?

Nah, they did.  It was in their name.  Company paid per diem but left getting accommodations to them.  The guys thought they could sneak away because they didn't leave their names or the company they were working for.  Their only mistake was mentioning that they were working at the powerhouse.  It wasn't a scheduled outage and our company was the only contractor on site.....

Your boss didn’t have to pay and if he did it was PR in order not to lose future business. Hope he canned this idiots 

• Like 1

Just now, acidhead said:

Just curious... 

What is the width of the wall and length of nail/screw that penetrated the water pipe?

The wall is about 2 metres or just over 6ft going horizontal and it was to be nailed into the wooden wall frame behind it, where inside the frame which was about 3-4inches wide by about 5 inches vertically across where pipe ran - I'm not sure how he managed to miss the frame and get the single pipe.  I'm sorry I'm not sure how long the nails were but must've been shorter as the other side would have to have plaster on that too.  Sorry I know it's not much info. :( 

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Don't be too harsh on yourself OverSword, I have never considered talking to you a waste of breath, even if you are an insurance agent.  Look on the bright side, at least you are not a lawyer.

• Haha 2

Your boss didn’t have to pay and if he did it was PR in order not to lose future business. Hope he canned this idiots 

He canned them.  It was also PR.  The company is very prideful of it's image.  Plus $2000 is chump change compared to stuff we have straight up broken on accident. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is there not a difference between fault and responsibility?  There used to be a differentiation between the two.

Yes, they are not precisely the same. When you own a construction company you are required to have a bond in place for each job to cover possible damages as well as your regular property and casualty coverage. If someone on your crew or a subcontractor ****s up the bond covers most of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gwynbleidd said:

The wall is about 2 metres or just over 6ft going horizontal and it was to be nailed into the wooden wall frame behind it, where inside the frame which was about 3-4inches wide by about 5 inches vertically across where pipe ran - I'm not sure how he managed to miss the frame and get the single pipe.  I'm sorry I'm not sure how long the nails were but must've been shorter as the other side would have to have plaster on that too.  Sorry I know it's not much info. :( 

Usually the piping is run in the center of the wooden frame to minimize the chance of accidentally nailing it.  He must have used a heck of a nail or the pipe was run too close to the interior side of the frame.  We use sheet rock here in the states.  When I remodeled my basement, I was sure to pre-mark my nail spots if there was a questionable pipe, wire, or duct.  The plasterer was definitely "inexperienced" in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

See that's just it.  I'm not talking legal responsibility for purposes of suing for damages.  But I do have to ask.  Does Epstein's family have a case for a lawsuit against Barr and the DoJ for his death?

If there was negligence on the side of the people supposed to be watching him then I would think so. But I bet it would have to be extraordinary negligence for a court to rule in favor of his family. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Case in point.  Three of our guys rented a cottage.  Told the owner the power plant they were working at and proceeded to get drunk, pee on the couch, breaks a glass door, and then skips out on rent.

Good grief, what kind of people do you hire? Our people are given the riot act before they go out of town on a job. They are representing our company and would have been fired immediately.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That is why when asked if he would vote to overturn RvW at his confirmation hearing his answer was consistently that its an irrelevant question RvW is the law of the land. Our politicians know it but act like it’s a legitimate subject in order to keep the sheep angry and at each other’s throats.

Aha, so it's there to stay and the politicians and media just make it an issue to put the fear into people as if it might be changed.....but in actuality it won't.  It's an irrelevant question just as Kav said.  Gosh, people really are sheep aren't they, well, especially when they're not informed about the whole legal process of that issue.  They'll just believe whatever comes out of the media and/or politician's mouths.  How sad.  We really need to begin questioning and holding these people accountable for their actions.  This is becoming ridiculous, not just there, but worldwide.  :(  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Don't be too harsh on yourself OverSword, I have never considered talking to you a waste of breath, even if you are an insurance agent.  Look on the bright side, at least you are not a lawyer.

HEY! I’m an agent not a salesman :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Just now, Michelle said:

Good grief, what kind of people do you hire? Our people are given the riot act before they go out of town on a job. They are representing our company and would have been fired immediately.

Well, apparently it takes a few years before they decide to do something silly like that.  They never do that in an initial interview.  Plus, it was off site and off duty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If there was negligence on the side of the people supposed to be watching him then I would think so. But I bet it would have to be extraordinary negligence for a court to rule in favor of his family. 

Guards on mandatory overtime and sleeping instead of watching him?  Faulty camera? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, apparently it takes a few years before they decide to do something silly like that.  They never do that in an initial interview.  Plus, it was off site and off duty.

Probably free base and hookers is what they spent the room stipend on :D

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Usually the piping is run in the center of the wooden frame to minimize the chance of accidentally nailing it.  He must have used a heck of a nail or the pipe was run too close to the interior side of the frame.  We use sheet rock here in the states.  When I remodeled my basement, I was sure to pre-mark my nail spots if there was a questionable pipe, wire, or duct.  The plasterer was definitely "inexperienced" in my opinion.

Look, I'll be the first one to say it's only $150 to have the pipe fixed but the plasterer is saying he won't pay it.  I just wish people would do the right thing for once in their lives.  It's very frustrating.  I'm just stressed out of my brain building this house as it's been going on for 3 years now.  Already had to demolish it once due to the first builder constructing something not-to-plan and he did a runner costing us well over $150K.  I'm just over people I think. :rolleyes: :lol:  That's why I came back here for a break where happiness and joy is all around the forums.  Especially in the politics areas :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Guards on mandatory overtime and sleeping instead of watching him?  Faulty camera? 

Yeah, who knows. It will be up to the judge and usually they find in favor of the system so I’m guessing if it wasn’t extremely negligent nothing much will happen.

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

His lawyers are following it up. 

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Oh, so you can't monitor all of your employees at all times. Imagine that...

• Thanks 1