Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats call for Kavanaugh impeachment

Unusual Tournament

2 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Look, I'll be the first one to say it's only $150 to have the pipe fixed but the plasterer is saying he won't pay it.  I just wish people would do the right thing for once in their lives.  It's very frustrating.  I'm just stressed out of my brain building this house as it's been going on for 3 years now.  Already had to demolish it once due to the first builder constructing something not-to-plan and he did a runner costing us well over $150K.  I'm just over people I think. :rolleyes: :lol:  That's why I came back here for a break where happiness and joy is all around the forums.  Especially in the politics areas :P 

Hmm.  I don't want to stress you out, but that doesn't sound right.  Here in the states there is the overall home building company (General Contractor) and a bunch of subcontractors  (electricians, plumbers, etc.).  It's the job of the general contractor to straighten and fix all these issues for you within the price he quoted.  We also can throw up houses in just a few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Oh, so you can't monitor all of your employees at all times. Imagine that...

But we are accountable for them.  It's not that hard of a concept to understand.  And to answer your earlier question.  The company has about 500 employees.

• Like 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

Hmm.  I don't want to stress you out, but that doesn't sound right.  Here in the states there is the overall home building company (General Contractor) and a bunch of subcontractors  (electricians, plumbers, etc.).  It's the job of the general contractor to straighten and fix all these issues for you within the price he quoted.  We also can throw up houses in just a few months.

Yes I've ended up telling the Builder he's going to deal with it - we did a contract where we pay the builder cost of mats plus 20% to him which is fine.  But we've made it clear we're not paying for tradesman's mistakes - they need to own their own mistakes and ensure they're paid for and up to the proper building standard or else our lawyer will deal with him.  This house has been the bane of my existence since 2016.....Hah, funny that, I'm sure some of you say the same thing about Trump :P :lol:

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Yes I've ended up telling the Builder he's going to deal with it - we did a contract where we pay the builder cost of mats plus 20% to him which is fine.  But we've made it clear we're not paying for tradesman's mistakes - they need to own their own mistakes and ensure they're paid for and up to the proper building standard or else our lawyer will deal with him.  This house has been the bane of my existence since 2016.....Hah, funny that, I'm sure some of you say the same thing about Trump :P :lol:

No doubt about it. Trump. He ruins everything.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I'm afraid you'll just have to be happy with what @susieice, @glorybebe, @skliss, @Michelle and myself are still putting into the Epstein thread.  There's still news, it's just getting harder to find.  The msm are running with the usual diversionary tactics at this point - plus don't be surprised if another mass shooting occurs in the near future, especially closer to the next document drop from the Judge.  I'm gonna do a run through of 4ch later today as they always manage to dig up links that the msm would NEVER find in a blue moon.  We've come across some crazy stuff and the network is so massive, it's most definitely global at this stage.  There is no doubt in our minds, for me anyway.  Well, for those of us who keep on it every day - btw, @Earl.Of.Trumps has gone walkabout too?  Haven't seen him in a week or so.  Again, welcome back @F3SS :D 

I know there's still news coming. I haven't been on the Epstein thread or any others for a month or so until today and I know you guys and ladies have been doing a bang up job keeping the info coming. Sometimes you just run out of shlt to say for a while and overall I just burn out on the news cycle occasionally and tune out. TBH, over the last several weeks in my free time I've been binging on new music for the first time in 20 years in genres I would've lost bets to myself if I could've placed one 2 months ago on wether or not I'd ever be listening to anything like it. Thanks for the welcome back though I was never too far away.

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Tell me you are not seriously comparing being a construction crew foreman to being President of the United States.  You could be president of General Motors and it still wouldn't compare to the complexity of running the country.

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

For the concept of accountability?  Yes I am.  It is something universal. 

So then, when Maj. Hassan, an active ranking member of the US Military, killed 9 in Ft. hood Obama was ultimately responsible? I mean, Trump, according to many on the left including those on the debate stage last week, say Trump is responsible for the Walmart shooter and that guy was just a regular (for lack of a better word) citizen.

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Personally, I love the concept of accountability - but how often is a politician held accountable for something their minions have done.  Practically never.  

For example, at the moment, I'm trying to get a plasterer to own his mistake of nailing through a wall and busting a water pipe under pressure.  To me, he needs to be held responsible for his mistake.  He's trying to blame it on the plumber who clearly had the pipes 50/50 in the wall to allow for plastering to be done either side.  The builder in charge is going to pull down the wall (costing more money) to investigate if the pipes are indeed 50/50 from each side - when it's the plasterer's fault in the beginning!  Don't put a nail where the pipes are!!  Omg....stress. Just own up to mistakes and take responsibility for them is all I ask of people.  Sadly, not many people do this in this world we live in today.  Always excuses.  :( 

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Look, I'll be the first one to say it's only $150 to have the pipe fixed but the plasterer is saying he won't pay it.  I just wish people would do the right thing for once in their lives.  It's very frustrating.  I'm just stressed out of my brain building this house as it's been going on for 3 years now.  Already had to demolish it once due to the first builder constructing something not-to-plan and he did a runner costing us well over $150K.  I'm just over people I think. :rolleyes: :lol:  That's why I came back here for a break where happiness and joy is all around the forums.  Especially in the politics areas :P 

I can't stand contractors who argue petty crap like that especially over $150. Mine is just a small company and I eat money like that and more without blinking. I or my guys have definitely broken pipes and wires and worse and fixed them without hesitation. A fire renovation last year, the apartment management said they'd check and fix all the plumbing before we boarded up the walls and ceilings so we never even priced in plumbing. Anyways, all drywall is done and finished completely, painted and all and we turn the water back on and I hear water flying through the walls somewhere and soon enough through the bathroom ceiling and adjoining kitchen bulkhead. Tear out ceiling, bulkhead. Find leak. A pipe cut in half during demo. We did that. They never actually tested the plumbing like they said. Another day and a several hundred dollars later we fixed it all and never even mentioned it to them. Then something similar on a fire reno this year but not quite as bad and most recently a remodel on a residential I noticed a bathroom light was cracked and I told the customer we must've broke it and that I'll replace it for nothing. He told me it was already like that and that he's pay me to put a new one on. I found out that the guy who referred us to him for this job heard from the customer that he was extremely pleased that I owned up to something even though it wasn't my fault. I was happy that he told me it was already broken. I still replaced it for free as a nice gesture for an overall large job and all the honesty and praise from him.

Sorry, I tell stories sometimes. Your plasterer should just own up to it especially if he missed the framing. Also, a flat metal nailing plate is supposed to be installed on a stud where pipes and wires run through so nails and screws can't get through. Good luck!

Edited by F3SS
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

He can’t. Once there were challenges to aspects of RvW and they were ruled on RvW was at that point made the law of the land. It’s out of the SC’s hands. There is one way to reverse RvW and that is for the legislative branch to write and pass a new law making abortion illegal and the president to sign it. That is why when asked if he would vote to overturn RvW at his confirmation hearing his answer was consistently that its an irrelevant question RvW is the law of the land. Our politicians know it but act like it’s a legitimate subject in order to keep the sheep angry and at each other’s throats.

RoevWade is only the law of the land because the SC made it so.  As soon as it works its way back to the SC...and it will...it will be overturned...which means...it will become a States issue not a Federal issue.  The real issue has never been whether a woman has a right to an abortion..  The issue has always been that the individual States have the right to decide what laws they will make concerning abortion.   When he was asked if he would overturn RvW in his confirmation hearing...he did what any one would do in that regard...not answer the question.  He would have never been confirmed otherwise.  

It is a real issue.  And again, the real issue is not R v W...the issue is States rights vs Federal rights. The Federal government usurped the rights of the States in the RvW ruling.  If the people of Nevada want abortion on demand, they should be able to vote for it.  If the people of Texas don't want abortion on demand they should be able to vote for it.  It is just that simple. 

9 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

If they do end up voting to overturn Roe v Wade - will that mean the USA (I'm guessing all states???) will not be able to perform abortions under any circumstances legally?

Essentially Abortion will be illegal.  

No.  What that means is that the States then take up the question of legality or illegality.  As I stated in another post...it is actually not an abortion issue at all...it is a State vs Federal issue.  Does the Federal Government have the right to force individual states to have abortion on demand?  That is the real issue.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

RoevWade is only the law of the land because the SC made it so.  As soon as it works its way back to the SC...and it will...it will be overturned...which means...it will become a States issue not a Federal issue.  The real issue has never been whether a woman has a right to an abortion..  The issue has always been that the individual States have the right to decide what laws they will make concerning abortion.   When he was asked if he would overturn RvW in his confirmation hearing...he did what any one would do in that regard...not answer the question.  He would have never been confirmed otherwise.  

It is a real issue.  And again, the real issue is not R v W...the issue is States rights vs Federal rights. The Federal government usurped the rights of the States in the RvW ruling.  If the people of Nevada want abortion on demand, they should be able to vote for it.  If the people of Texas don't want abortion on demand they should be able to vote for it.  It is just that simple. 

It will never be a states right issue ever again.  Once we made it a constitutional issue and pushed it all the way to the supreme court, we took it out of the states hands.  It will either be women have a right to their bodies or embryo's life superseded that right.

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It will never be a states right issue ever again.  Once we made it a constitutional issue and pushed it all the way to the supreme court, we took it out of the states hands.  It will either be women have a right to their bodies or embryo's life superseded that right.

That is incorrect Gromdor.  It isn't a constitutional issue and it never was.  Abortion is   is not  mentioned in the constitution.  When the constitution was written there wasn't a Supreme Court.   Twisting the argument doesn't make it go away.  As far as abortion itself is concerned...is the fetus part of the woman's body, or is it an individual entity that has it's own rights at conception?  That is the Abortion Question.  The issue before the SC will be...does the Federal Government have the right to answer that question for everyone or do individual States have that right.  A lot of people get confused on all that understandably so...but one has nothing really to do with the other.  

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It was more to point out how high profile Epstein is and why both Barr and Trump should have been aware of the conditions their subordinates were keeping him in.

So if you put rules and procedures in place, and the people responsible for following those rules and procedures don't follow them, how are you responsible? Do you stand next to your crews 24/7 holding their hands and making sure these things are followed to the letter? Multiply that by 10 thousand crew members and a desk full of work you have to do. At some point you have to trust your crew and their training. Now, if the next guy in line botched their training that's another thing. And we can do nothing about an employees laziness or lack of work ethic unless we find out about it. But i do think that these guys need checked for corruption as well. Were they paid off to take a nap and kill the cameras? Investigation needs done.

• Like 2

This article, dated today, explains what Planned Parenthood and the entire abortion lobby have become: a massive, profit-driven, and growth-oriented, human tissue harvesting industry that not only encourages more abortions, but also late abortions, as those yield the highest prices per pound of human flesh (the baby sausage industry).  Making abortion laws a state's rights issue will shut down the interstate commerce and transport of baby parts in its tracks:

Grisly Facts Unmask And Weaken Big Abortion

If you follow the money, you run right into something that may or may not be against the law but transgresses all boundaries of decency and humanity. If the left wants to stay on this sinking ship, all it will achieve is to convince the undecideds that yes, the left has lost its humanity, along with its green-grass mind. And abortion, far from just being a “woman’s right,” is a lucrative business, and one which depends utterly upon our collective de-sensitization, to flourish.

https://uncoverdc.com/2019/09/18/citizen-journalists-who-exposed-planned-parenthood/

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Oh, it would be my fault too.  My point is the higher ups aren't exonerated just because I am a convenient layer between them and the issue.

Case in point.  Three of our guys rented a cottage.  Told the owner the power plant they were working at and proceeded to get drunk, pee on the couch, breaks a glass door, and then skips out on rent.  Owner calls the power plant, power plant calls the company.  Production Manager drives 6hrs and pays $2000 for damages.   Who is held responsible?  Just the guys?  Nope.  The company owner, company and the guys. 

That makes no sense....My husband and I just attended an out of town conference.  If we broke up the hotel room we were staying in we would be responsible for damages, not his employer...and he'd probably get fired to boot. And that was a work conference...say we went to Disney on vacation and wrecked the room. Why on earth would his employer be called for that? 

OooooKAY.. so lets sum up. 

Two people wrote a book, in which they accuse Kavanaugh of sexual assault. What is minimised in the book, and relegated to a minor section, are the following two facts. 

1. The woman who it is claimed was the victim of the attack has no recollection of the attack every happening. 
  2. The alledged witnesses to the event have no memory of it every happening. 
  3. At least one witness was threatened by supporters of the 'narrative' with a slander attack if she didn't corroborate the "sexual assault" story. 

I'm astonished that Kavanaugh hasn't launched a slander lawsuit. It is OBVIOUS that this is a pure political mud-slinging attack, with no actual substance behind it. Or to put it another way, the entire thing is a lie. 

But notice the speed and voraciousness that the left-wing and anti-Trump elements of the media leapt onto the story, with the New York Times deliberately ommiting the key facts that reveal the paucity of the evidence. I saw a youtube clip when their journalists where challenged about this, and it makes great viewing as they squirm. 

If MSNBC, CNN, the Washington Post, and the New York Times all tell me that it is daytime, I'll want to look out of a window first to check. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

If they do end up voting to overturn Roe v Wade - will that mean the USA (I'm guessing all states???) will not be able to perform abortions under any circumstances legally?

Essentially Abortion will be illegal.  

could be, surgical abortions over certain term limit, 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skliss said:

That makes no sense....My husband and I just attended an out of town conference.  If we broke up the hotel room we were staying in we would be responsible for damages, not his employer...and he'd probably get fired to boot. And that was a work conference...say we went to Disney on vacation and wrecked the room. Why on earth would his employer be called for that? 

I assume the hotel had your name and credit card number?  Re-reading my story again should give you the answer you seek.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skliss said:

So if you put rules and procedures in place, and the people responsible for following those rules and procedures don't follow them, how are you responsible? Do you stand next to your crews 24/7 holding their hands and making sure these things are followed to the letter? Multiply that by 10 thousand crew members and a desk full of work you have to do. At some point you have to trust your crew and their training. Now, if the next guy in line botched their training that's another thing. And we can do nothing about an employees laziness or lack of work ethic unless we find out about it. But i do think that these guys need checked for corruption as well. Were they paid off to take a nap and kill the cameras? Investigation needs done.

The buck stops here.  Ring a bell?   I am beginning to understand where millennials get their entitlement attitude from.  If they were raised by parents that excused away all responsibility for everything negative for them their entire lives, they would definitely grow up thinking they can do no wrong and all good things should be credited to them. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, Gromdor said:

I assume the hotel had your name and credit card number?  Re-reading my story again should give you the answer you seek.

So they were able to book a place without those things? Must have been a  pretty crappy place to begin with. If it was the company's card (and work trip , which you didnt specify) then the place already knew who they were with and the boys spilling the beans had no relevancy.

Edited by skliss
Typo

On 9/18/2019 at 5:57 PM, Gromdor said:

The buck stops here.  Ring a bell?   I am beginning to understand where millennials get their entitlement attitude from.  If they were raised by parents that excused away all responsibility for everything negative for them their entire lives, they would definitely grow up thinking they can do no wrong and all good things should be credited to them. 

Considering I'm not a millennial then your comments being pointed at me makes no sense. I highly value personal responsibility but I also take reality into consideration....including time and space...no one can be everywhere simultaneously. My kids are shining examples of personal responsibility, despite the rest of their generation, so I'm quite happy with the values we espoused raising them.

18 hours ago, skliss said:

So they were able to book a place without those things? Must have been a  pretty crappy place to begin with. If it was the company's card (and work trip , which you didnt specify) then the place already knew who they were with and the boys spilling the beans had no relevancy.

It was a cottage from a private owner and they didn't use a credit card at all.