Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can hear people’s thoughts. Help!

Evangeline_

So I’m a witch and I practice with physic stuff. But I’v always had a voice in my head. For years I thought I was just a hearing things because this voice came out of no where and happened very randomly, until a few months back i was drawing(so looking down) and thought this boy next to me said ‘nice drawing’ so I looked up and said thanks. He said ‘thanks for what’ and I said that he said my drawing looked nice. He was confused to say the least and said that he thought that not said it. Then I have little group of witches that I go to my house after school to do witchcraft and she said she had a secret, that she can accidentally hear peoples thoughts and oh my god I was so happy. It was the exact whispering voice I get and like me it happens randomly to her. I’m still confused see though and want an explanation as to why I can hear these thoughts randomly

• Like 3

The "boy" is probably just a thoughtform you created that's floating around in your subconscious, feeding you things that you unconsciously expect to hear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Evangeline_ said:

So I’m a witch and I practice with physic stuff. But I’v always had a voice in my head. For years I thought I was just a hearing things because this voice came out of no where and happened very randomly, until a few months back i was drawing(so looking down) and thought this boy next to me said ‘nice drawing’ so I looked up and said thanks. He said ‘thanks for what’ and I said that he said my drawing looked nice. He was confused to say the least and said that he thought that not said it. Then I have little group of witches that I go to my house after school to do witchcraft and she said she had a secret, that she can accidentally hear peoples thoughts and oh my god I was so happy. It was the exact whispering voice I get and like me it happens randomly to her. I’m still confused see though and want an explanation as to why I can hear these thoughts randomly

You beat me to the punch by seconds. I guess your a mind reader. :lol:

Just now, XenoFish said:

The "boy" is probably just a thoughtform you created that's floating around in your subconscious, feeding you things that you unconsciously expect to hear. 

What he said. Subconscious Thought Form combined with confirmation bias. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You know I'm like totally psychic or some junk, duh.

And here I thought you were physic. :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There is a possibility that you have schizophrenia.  Most people that hear voices that is the case.  Go to a doctor and have this checked to eliminate it from the possible things this could be.   

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You know I'm like totally psychic or some junk, duh.

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

And here I thought you were physic. :o

Must you guys mock kids?

• Like 2

Ok folks, take it easy on the new member please. Just because many of us have seen these sorts of posts before, don't mean we need to hop on the mental illness or other jokes around here. Geez.

Welcome to UM Evangeline. :st If you don't mind, how old are you and what grade or grades of school are you in with these other folks?

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Must you guys mock kids?

Am I? Or am I joshing with Xeno?

So who appointed you Politeness Police? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Let's leave off with joshing and such. This is clearly a younger member considering they are of a school age. And a new member.

Since I am the Politeness Police, and I know full well how many of us older members here are.. Please, again.. let's all of us leave off with our oft commentary and be kind to a new and young member.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Dang.  I think we just got modded.

edit:And there she is :D

Sorry boss.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Let's leave off with joshing and such. This is clearly a younger member considering they are of a school age. And a new member.

Since I am the Politeness Police, and I know full well how many of us older members here are.. Please, again.. let's all of us leave off with our oft commentary and be kind to a new and young member.

Yes mum...:unsure2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Evangeline_ said:

So I’m a witch and I practice with physic stuff.

What type of witchcraft and I'm assuming you mean psychic stuff, correct.

But I’v always had a voice in my head.

Would this happen to be your own inner monologue?

For years I thought I was just a hearing things because this voice came out of no where and happened very randomly, until a few months back i was drawing(so looking down) and thought this boy next to me said ‘nice drawing’ so I looked up and said thanks.

Okay. Clarify something for me. Did you hear this externally or internally? 

He said ‘thanks for what’ and I said that he said my drawing looked nice. He was confused to say the least and said that he thought that not said it. Then I have little group of witches that I go to my house after school to do witchcraft and she said she had a secret, that she can accidentally hear peoples thoughts and oh my god I was so happy.

We sometimes think we hear voices when it's just auditory pareidolia. Which is our brains trying to make sense out of repetitive or random noise.

It was the exact whispering voice I get and like me it happens randomly to her. I’m still confused see though and want an explanation as to why I can hear these thoughts randomly

This voice might be memetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evangeline_ said:

I’m still confused see though and want an explanation as to why I can hear these thoughts randomly

HI Evangeline and welcome to the forum.

Keep your mind open to other options.  Our conscious awareness is an amazing thing.  One reason it is so useful is that it filters out a lot of observations that it doesn't think we need at the time.  Otherwise we would be flooded by meaningless data.  Once in a while a message comes through that does not seem like it comes from our conscious mind.  I am not psychic or a witch, but a couple of times my  voice has  has told me something I really needed to know. 

You could  be a very aware person and picked up cues from the boy.  Many people sub-vocalize their thoughts, making speech patterns that are not even as loud as a whisper.  You might have picked up his expression through peripheral vision.  Or even a subtle smell.  Maybe he likes you.

Awareness may not seem like much of a supernatural gift, but you would be surprised how little most people get by with.   It is something you can practice  and improve.  Requires not outside entities and is beneficial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Must you guys mock kids?

Pot, kettle, black.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Evangeline_ said:

Its just your split personality talking to you.

14 hours ago, Evangeline_ said:

Even the great Socrates always heard a familiar voice  in his head. Which means you are in great company. And speaking of witches, this actor was Darin Stevens on the TV show, Bewitched, and in this other TV show episode, he was cast as someone who could hear other's thoughts. Here is A Penny for your Thoughts. Or rather, a quarter standing on its edge.

And this is a family site, as I've been told, and I too welcome you into the family of the unexplained mysteries of life, such as being able to read other's thoughts.

Can you hear thoughts over the internet, or just when people are physically near you?

• The topic was locked