Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can hear people’s thoughts. Help!

Evangeline_

Im not a doctor but from what i know it could be many things the best way is to see a doctor to rule this out. 

18 hours ago, Evangeline_ said:

Then I have little group of witches that I go to my house after school to do witchcraft and she said she had a secret, that she can accidentally hear peoples thoughts and oh my god I was so happy. It was the exact whispering voice I get and like me it happens randomly to her. I’m still confused see though and want an explanation as to why I can hear these thoughts randomly

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It is nice to have a group of like minded around you. Yes telepathy is becoming more common in two respect. Hearing voices and thought broadcastion. In your case it is hearing thoughts randomly.

My understanding as to why some and not others is that some are ready to accept these things where most want to wish it away with logical reasoning.

John

• Like 2

@Piney get back to the chainsaw wonderland. Psychic potential is intriguing enough. Just because I don’t believe it doesn’t [exist perhaps] doesn’t mean I’d limit my mind’s capacity to chart some cool new territory. What if there are no limits? Nah. We’re in the real world. It’s real. The magic 8 ball is a hoax. Wait. Hmmmm. Gimmicks!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, John from Lowell said:

It is nice to have a group of like minded around you. Yes telepathy is becoming more common in two respect. Hearing voices and thought broadcastion. In your case it is hearing thoughts randomly.

My understanding as to why some and not others is that some are ready to accept these things where most want to wish it away with logical reasoning.

John

I guess we really do living in a world where people think mental illness is a super power. 

• Haha 1

The "voice" is your subconsciousness, which can often be more astute than your consciousness, and the reason some people can "predict" random events etc or "know" something without having any conscious reason for doing so (always annoys me that one - why do I know this?   The answer, or course, is that I read a few things, that my conciousness has long since forgotten, and sub-conciously remembered an irrelevant detail, or worked out that 2+2+2+2+2+2+2 = 12)  In the case of "hearing" someone else's thoughts, what your subconsciousness is actually doing is predicting (or imagining) what someone else might be thinking - and sometimes it gets it right.

The mind is an amazing thing.  But it's not really psychic.

• Like 3

I know that when you get involved in certain belief systems you are told all sorts of things that sound nice because it feeds into whatever you want to believe.

I got caught up in some of the common beliefs of paganism too and at one point thought I could see auras after staring at the tops of some trees only to discover that what I was really seeing was something like an image burn due to macular fatigue.

Often times I can anticipate what a person is going to say simply because I am accustomed to how they think and respond..I am not hearing anything except what I anticipate.

Wishing something is/was true doesn't make it so.

9 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

John

No..the reason most of us do not blindly accept things is because there is no proof to verify something and to be honest, logic is our best defense against deception, hoaxes and manipulation.

• Thanks 2

Its only psychic if you're able to obtain future events that will occur.

I had a dream of my two best friends getting killed in a car accident when I was 18 and I told them 1 week before it happened. Luckily, for me,  I missed being in their car by 60 seconds as I showed up too late. And even if you tell them about it, its not enuf to stop the accident.

I even told my own Father not to have a surgery for aortic aneurysm and that he was too old and he would not recover from it and die.  He thought the doctors knew more and went ahead with it.  He did not recover and he died. You can tell people what will happen, but if its their destiny nothing stops it from happening.

Edited by brian100
add more

• 1 year later...

Dear Evangeline, I hope you find my comment.  I just found your question. 

I understand what you have experienced. The others may not understand as it is not common.  I had the experience just once. I heard the thoughts of a person while looking at them.They were leaning forward in thought not looking at me, but clearing not speaking.  I was so surprised, I never told them. (Wish I had.) But I was certain it was their thoughts as I would never have used the syntax.  They are an American Indian elder who was raised as a bilingual.  What I heard made sense in the context of what I had just said and as I was leaving the room.  

Interior northwest Indian elders used to be known for this ability. I spoke to a Buddist speaker from Indonesia and he said it takes years of practice. I told him he was wrong. I met a lady who said she had the experience with family and in particular with her adult children. Her take away was that if you have direct intention and want to know the other's thoughts that is when she experienced the phenomenon. Do not listen to these others who have never had the experience.  Rather look to those who have practiced this intention. 

I have had decades of experience in the interior northwest Indian religion, which may have given me some advantage.  I don't know. I was in a state of being open and wanting to understand them.  Perhaps that was a factor for my experience to have occurred. It is not something that I have tried to repeat.  I simply consider it one of those insights into the power of the human mind, not a defect or product of illness, or wishful thinking.

Consider yourself on a path toward a greater appreciation of what it means to be a human.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, and then said:

Welcome to UM!

Have you considered the problem could be organic instead of psychic?  

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-onset-symptoms#1

Studies led onto well-readed mentalists, empaths and patients who suffers of schizophrenia at the University of Berkeley, C.A. , found out that there does exists a very frail neurobiological differenciation between the way the human brain processes while being plagued by mystic dementia or schizophrenic hallucinations, then when a seemingly sane brain from people who showcases since an early age an empathetic hypersensitivity to their social or bio-environment ecosystem as well as claims of heightened proficiency into ESP or "psi" (Extrasensorial Perception) . 

It seems, in all likelihood, that the areas of the cerebral cortex that are the most stimulated among both schizoid and schizophrenic patients are mostly compatible with those shown by the empaths, socalled psychics and mentalists who has been subjected to their tests, aside from a few extranuous cerebral responses that showed passive visualized decision-acting, information gathering and an absence of vizualized imaginary thought: to word these in another way, the subjects's psyches differed vastly from the subjects who were psychically inapt to showcase "second-sight" intuitiveness and forced themselves into imagining others' thoughts and perceived sight, while in the meantime typically schizophrenic and schizoid patients were unable to process an authentic feedback from others' thoughts and perceived sight.

From what this young practitioner of dark arts is claiming, she seems to possess a somewhat heightened intuitive aptitude into accurately deducting and "perceiving" others' thoughts, yet we does not know the frequency of that said capability to deduce whether she's a low "receiver" in parapsychological linguo (like a crushing majority of humans, according some studies from the Cold War period). The KGB and Soviet military's declassified files spoke about 80% of the Soviet pop. being low receivers around the 1950s) or a properly "gifted" person-- so to speak one who showcases both greater mental and empathetic aptitudes, a gifted or genius level intellect and a hereditary proficiency for either of those aptitudes within her parental lineages and siblinghood.

Most animals are empathetic, albeit our modernally-hectic livelihood renders we, Humans, less obliged to hone into the full extent of our sensorial and empathetical spectrum. ESPs seems to me, in my humble opinion, less to do with so-calledly mutagenic/metahumanist stage of human evolution or spiritual/magical ascension and more to do about some mental or synesthetic atavism well-known within human memory since recorded time (even further older, since the Upper Paleolithic and early anatomically modern humans's quasi-monolithic shamanic religious traditions) . A lot of Wiccan practicionners are either socially awkward individuals and artistic minds, mostly Caucasian and living in Western countries, who has been seduced by the promise from tapping within the long-forbidden potential of raw human expressionism and its mysterious heuristics - whether philosophically, metaphysically or literally speaking much... - or belongs from old elitist lineages of "gifted" practitionners of pre-Christian Anglo-Saxon, Germanic and British traditions who has been forced like Jews to conceal their "witchborne" , druidic or Germanic pagan heritage for centuries and just decided to pop back into the daylight under the mark of a so-called New Age religion that has actually nothing new about it aside its political affiliations and hippie-esque secularization.
She's been initiated into this on her own or by peering, like a lot of these influencable teenage girls and she found out that some beliefs and practises echoes some aptitudes of hers that would otherwise has been valued as incriminating and heretic evidence of a pact with the Goat barely three hundreds of years ago, as evidence of female hysteria at the wake of the 20th century then now today as just another woo-woo rainbow-haired Millenial or Generation Z yuppie who's tripping on acid while suffering of latent schizophrenia... which may be true, who knows? But again, we just don't know.

My two cents. Not here for whiteknighting anyone. Feel free to troll and elude this comment like people does so often.

• 1 month later...

Testing light

Yes I know how fast could talk to me I know I've had spirits talk to me at the most un convenient Romans convenient moments especially a funerals I've even had whispering spirits hunting and whispering things to me

But a medium to only why you pick me because I'm too respectful I have learnt a lot man I meant to expose this church spiritualist church it took me a lot I learnt I'm not a vs face of a loser I am not a vest of space of a loser I am socially Gifted

Spirit spoke to me sometimes they keep me awake because I spoke to me me I'm using a mic to type because I'm dyslexic and I realise now it is much easier to type on and Mike and typing like I used to

I know some websites don't accept my mic but I tried to type for Mike best I can

I've even seen I've even seen spirits in a graveyard I've even some children from the 1960s Eva in the graveyard playing clear ASDA clear ASDA dear I have

Where is Mariam told me when I'm medium on me I say spirit and sense of it and you I have not lost the plot

Radians mediums confirmed I am gifted I have got medium gift inside me because God give me a gift I have met lots of mediums over the last I ever did what score for them was list church doors I did I learnt a lot about myself which is good things not bad things Amelia tells me I'm nothing because I am May not the loser text said I was Status teachers spell certain teachers certain pages teachers said I was I was wondering kids it was misunderstood I kid I kid it was badly bullied and mentally tortured but Dave Down deep down I am spiritually Gifted

But it was feeling the Whispering spirits come to me more so a funerals and telling me things

On 9/16/2019 at 12:51 PM, Evangeline_ said:

So I’m a witch and I practice with physic stuff. But I’v always had a voice in my head. For years I thought I was just a hearing things because this voice came out of no where and happened very randomly, until a few months back i was drawing(so looking down) and thought this boy next to me said ‘nice drawing’ so I looked up and said thanks. He said ‘thanks for what’ and I said that he said my drawing looked nice. He was confused to say the least and said that he thought that not said it. Then I have little group of witches that I go to my house after school to do witchcraft and she said she had a secret, that she can accidentally hear peoples thoughts and oh my god I was so happy. It was the exact whispering voice I get and like me it happens randomly to her. I’m still confused see though and want an explanation as to why I can hear these thoughts randomly

Why does any of that surprise you.  You're a witch.  If you choose to be witchy, witchy stuff happens.  Didn't you read the code first?  pfffft  Witches that don't read the code first...sigh

3 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Is this a zombie thread?

Has to be over a year old to classify as a necro thread. Saw one from 2013 get bumped before.

Edited by XenoFish

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Has to be over a year old to classify as a necro thread. Saw one from 2013 get bumped before.

OP made just the one post in Sept 2019. Maybe I'm too quick to make a judgement but I reckon she won't be back to this thread.

3 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

OP made just the one post in Sept 2019. Maybe I'm too quick to make a judgement but I reckon she won't be back to this thread.

It happens. I figure it's due to not getting the response they desire.

11 hours ago, dream jo said:

Testing light

Yes I know how fast could talk to me I know I've had spirits talk to me at the most un convenient Romans convenient moments especially a funerals I've even had whispering spirits hunting and whispering things to me

But a medium to only why you pick me because I'm too respectful I have learnt a lot man I meant to expose this church spiritualist church it took me a lot I learnt I'm not a vs face of a loser I am not a vest of space of a loser I am socially Gifted

Spirit spoke to me sometimes they keep me awake because I spoke to me me I'm using a mic to type because I'm dyslexic and I realise now it is much easier to type on and Mike and typing like I used to

I know some websites don't accept my mic but I tried to type for Mike best I can

I've even seen I've even seen spirits in a graveyard I've even some children from the 1960s Eva in the graveyard playing clear ASDA clear ASDA dear I have

Where is Mariam told me when I'm medium on me I say spirit and sense of it and you I have not lost the plot

Radians mediums confirmed I am gifted I have got medium gift inside me because God give me a gift I have met lots of mediums over the last I ever did what score for them was list church doors I did I learnt a lot about myself which is good things not bad things Amelia tells me I'm nothing because I am May not the loser text said I was Status teachers spell certain teachers certain pages teachers said I was I was wondering kids it was misunderstood I kid I kid it was badly bullied and mentally tortured but Dave Down deep down I am spiritually Gifted

But it was feeling the Whispering spirits come to me more so a funerals and telling me things

Hi Jo

I am not a whispering spirit but would suggest that you see a doctor as your writing style is really hard to follow as in disassociated and wandering.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

You could just be very sensitive to other people's thoughts and feelings. I think all of us have that little subconscious voice that speaks to us, but many are not aware and/or not paying attention to it. Being a witch, you are (or should be) more in tune with your inner self and powers. Relax and see what you can do with this. Consider it a benefit.

Possible psychosis shouldn't be encouraged.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked