Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Evangeline_

I can hear people’s thoughts. Help!

33 posts in this topic

'Walt' E. Kurtz

Im not a doctor but from what i know it could be many things the best way is to see a doctor to rule this out. 

John from Lowell
18 hours ago, Evangeline_ said:

Then I have little group of witches that I go to my house after school to do witchcraft and she said she had a secret, that she can accidentally hear peoples thoughts and oh my god I was so happy. It was the exact whispering voice I get and like me it happens randomly to her. I’m still confused see though and want an explanation as to why I can hear these thoughts randomly

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It is nice to have a group of like minded around you. Yes telepathy is becoming more common in two respect. Hearing voices and thought broadcastion. In your case it is hearing thoughts randomly.

My understanding as to why some and not others is that some are ready to accept these things where most want to wish it away with logical reasoning.

John

• Like 1

Skulduggery

@Piney get back to the chainsaw wonderland. Psychic potential is intriguing enough. Just because I don’t believe it doesn’t [exist perhaps] doesn’t mean I’d limit my mind’s capacity to chart some cool new territory. What if there are no limits? Nah. We’re in the real world. It’s real. The magic 8 ball is a hoax. Wait. Hmmmm. Gimmicks!

• Haha 1

XenoFish
11 minutes ago, John from Lowell said:

It is nice to have a group of like minded around you. Yes telepathy is becoming more common in two respect. Hearing voices and thought broadcastion. In your case it is hearing thoughts randomly.

My understanding as to why some and not others is that some are ready to accept these things where most want to wish it away with logical reasoning.

John

I guess we really do living in a world where people think mental illness is a super power. 

Essan

The "voice" is your subconsciousness, which can often be more astute than your consciousness, and the reason some people can "predict" random events etc or "know" something without having any conscious reason for doing so (always annoys me that one - why do I know this?   The answer, or course, is that I read a few things, that my conciousness has long since forgotten, and sub-conciously remembered an irrelevant detail, or worked out that 2+2+2+2+2+2+2 = 12)  In the case of "hearing" someone else's thoughts, what your subconsciousness is actually doing is predicting (or imagining) what someone else might be thinking - and sometimes it gets it right.

The mind is an amazing thing.  But it's not really psychic.

• Like 2

Bendy Demon

I know that when you get involved in certain belief systems you are told all sorts of things that sound nice because it feeds into whatever you want to believe.

I got caught up in some of the common beliefs of paganism too and at one point thought I could see auras after staring at the tops of some trees only to discover that what I was really seeing was something like an image burn due to macular fatigue.

Often times I can anticipate what a person is going to say simply because I am accustomed to how they think and respond..I am not hearing anything except what I anticipate.

Wishing something is/was true doesn't make it so.

Bendy Demon
9 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

John

No..the reason most of us do not blindly accept things is because there is no proof to verify something and to be honest, logic is our best defense against deception, hoaxes and manipulation.

• Thanks 1

brian100

Its only psychic if you're able to obtain future events that will occur.

I had a dream of my two best friends getting killed in a car accident when I was 18 and I told them 1 week before it happened. Luckily, for me,  I missed being in their car by 60 seconds as I showed up too late. And even if you tell them about it, its not enuf to stop the accident.

I even told my own Father not to have a surgery for aortic aneurysm and that he was too old and he would not recover from it and die.  He thought the doctors knew more and went ahead with it.  He did not recover and he died. You can tell people what will happen, but if its their destiny nothing stops it from happening.

Edited by brian100
add more