Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosion at Ebola and Anthrax facility

Eldorado

"An explosion Monday caused a fire at the State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology, a biological research facility in Siberia known for being one of the two centers in the world housing samples of live smallpox virus. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta is the only other place known to maintain live samples of the deadly pathogen.

"According to the head administrator of Koltsovo city, where the research center, commonly called the Vector Institute, is located, the explosion occurred during scheduled maintenance work."

Full report at The Bulletin: https://thebulletin.org/2019/09/an-explosion-rocked-a-russian-research-facility-known-for-housing-the-smallpox-virus/#

And at RT News: "Blast & fire hits major virus lab in Russia, where HIV, Ebola & anthrax strains are stored"

https://www.rt.com/russia/468919-russia-virus-lab-blast/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Well that's concerning lol

Hopefully the explosion would kill any buga that got out.

• Like 2

"According to the head administrator of Koltsovo city, where the research center, commonly called the Vector Institute, is located, the explosion occurred during scheduled maintenance work."

So a guy mopping floors lit a cigarette next to a "no smoking" sign. Kaboom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

So a guy mopping floors lit a cigarette next to a "no smoking" sign. Kaboom.

That was some strong cleaning fluid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The authorities said no damage was done to the area(s) housing deadly pathogens. And we should TOTALLY trust them. TOTALLY.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

The authorities said no damage was done to the area(s) housing deadly pathogens. And we should TOTALLY trust them. TOTALLY.

when Russians start dropping like flies, we'll know, but i have no doubt room  where pathogens are stored has several meters tick reinforced concrete walls, floors ceiling, with airtight  blast door as thick as nuclear bunkers doors

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

when Russians start dropping like flies, we'll know, but i have no doubt room  where pathogens are stored has several meters tick reinforced concrete walls, floors ceiling, with airtight  blast door as thick as nuclear bunkers doors

You're most likely right. I have just watched HBO's Chernobyl, though. I can't help but wonder if the reports are drastically downplaying the explosion/fire and damages to the building's structure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

You're most likely right. I have just watched HBO's Chernobyl, though. I can't help but wonder if the reports are drastically downplaying the explosion/fire and damages to the building's structure.

will see soon enough, if they lied and virus may be out, we will see major activity around the city, like with Chernobyl they were quiet few weeks then evacuated entire town, evacuation of such proportions not easy to hide, especially when every Russian now has a phone and can post a video

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

I feel like in the past five years they've incidentally exploded alot of their own things. Facilities, Submarines, Ammo storage buildings,  ect. 

Ivan: "Satlin, how many things are you willing to sacrifice"?

Stalin: "Da"

Edited by It's Just An Opinion
Site bug auto deleted part of my text again
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Seti42 said:

They told the residents of Chernobyl the same thing.  Probably because the cost of funerals is cheaper than a lifetime of rehabilitation from radiation. 

• Like 2