Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plato's Atlantis, a Prophecy Cloathed in Myth

Pettytalk

1 hour ago, Piney said:

It's like saying the U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia are twins of England because they all speak English.  

After establishing the first phase of the relationship as to what the 5 sets of twins represent, for the second stage we are to conceptualize on the first set of twins only, since only the first set of twins are further discussed and identified with clues by Plato, and the other 8 are only merely names. And therefore the United States of America and Canada now represent the first set of twins, independent of England. Atlas being the first "king" (first colony to become a nation, and from which the entire "island" takes its name; Atlantis = America, since the US is the only one to have the name, America.) 

Keeping in mind that there are additional following stages in which to further consider the changing relationship of the representation of the 10 "brothers."

And take your mind off all this nonsense you perceive on racial offending and historical rewriting abuse. With my Atlantis we are dealing with a higher and deeper truth...the soul and the eternal world of reality. Whereas you are firmly planted on bodily matter, and even there only skin deep. And as long as you linger there you will never perceive reality, as reality is not of the body.

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

And take your mind off all this nonsense you perceive on racial offending and historical rewriting abuse. With my Atlantis we are dealing with a higher and deeper truth...the soul and the eternal world of reality. Whereas you are firmly planted on bodily matter, and even there only skin deep. And as long as you linger there you will never perceive reality, as reality is not of the body.

To suggest Latinos are "Spanish" is perceived in their eyes as suggesting they are not Americans, which they are. It's not my perception. It's theirs.  

I perceive reality just fine. Your the one with the imaginary throne room full of imaginary characters that you somehow think you have a "in" with.  

So why is The South Pacific nations crossed if? You can't twist it into your "theory?". 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Piney said:

To suggest Latinos are "Spanish" is perceived in their eyes as suggesting they are not Americans, which they are. It's not my perception. It's theirs.  

I perceive reality just fine. Your the one with the imaginary throne room full of imaginary characters that you somehow think you have a "in" with.  

So why is The South Pacific nations crossed if? You can't twist it into your "theory?". 

This. Theoretically Latinos are people from Latin speaking countries, not a race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

This. Theoretically Latinos are people from Latin speaking countries, not a race.

"Race" is a long outdated human construct.....unless you believe in the American version of Atlantis or the Urantia Book. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

"Race" is a long outdated human construct.....unless you believe in the American version of Atlantis or the Urantia Book. 

Theres alot of outdated human constructs still around today unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

Theres alot of outdated human constructs still around today unfortunately. 

Like Welsh independence? :whistle:

I should talk I'm a 6 Nations Lenape.......:unsure2:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Like Welsh independence? :whistle:

I should talk I'm a 6 Nations Lenape.......:unsure2:

Welsh independence will happen!! When Bozo and the quitters screw up the uk, we will have our independence. :ph34r:

CYMRU AM BYTH!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my 2 cents on Atlantis. Take it or leave it. 

In Genesis in the Bible, it talks about Enoch. Now Enoch built a city. The people in the city were righteous. The walked and talked with God.  Now if you walk and talk with the God of the Universe, who has all wisdom and knowledge, you are bound to learn things that other civilizations do not know.  I believe these people were very advanced in science. 

I think that this City of Zion, or the City of Enoch is the same as the City of Atlantis. Atlantis didn't sink into the ocean, it went up into heaven..

It says "Zion, in process of time, was btaken up into heaven." . so I take it as God took the whole city, the whole land mass , up in to heaven, or at least outer space. Now weather it went up on its own power (built a spaceship,) or was taken up by other means, I don't know, but was taken up none the less.

Another curious thing. Pangaea. At this same time all the land on the earth was one land mass. If you fit all the continents together, they fit nicely together, There are though a few big holes where no land fits. such as the Gulf of Mexico. Depending on which map you look at.

Moses 7 

16 And from that time forth there were wars and bloodshed among them; but the Lord came and adwelt with his people, and they dwelt in righteousness.

17 The afear of the Lord was upon all nations, so great was the bglory of the Lord, which was upon his people. And the Lord blessed the cland, and they were blessed upon the mountains, and upon the high places, and did flourish.

18 And the Lord called his people aZion, because they were of bone heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

19 And Enoch continued his preaching in righteousness unto the people of God. And it came to pass in his days, that he built a city that was called the City of Holiness, even Zion.

20 And it came to pass that Enoch talked with the Lord; and he said unto the Lord: Surely aZion shall dwell in safety forever. But the Lord said unto Enoch: Zion have I blessed, but the bresidue of the people have I cursed.

21 And it came to pass that the Lord showed unto Enoch all the inhabitants of the earth; and he beheld, and lo, aZion, in process of time, was btaken up into heaven. And the Lord said unto Enoch: Behold mine abode forever.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Futzy said:

Here is my 2 cents on Atlantis. Take it or leave it. 

In Genesis in the Bible, it talks about Enoch. Now Enoch built a city. The people in the city were righteous. The walked and talked with God.  Now if you walk and talk with the God of the Universe, who has all wisdom and knowledge, you are bound to learn things that other civilizations do not know.  I believe these people were very advanced in science. 

I think that this City of Zion, or the City of Enoch is the same as the City of Atlantis. Atlantis didn't sink into the ocean, it went up into heaven..

It says "Zion, in process of time, was btaken up into heaven." . so I take it as God took the whole city, the whole land mass , up in to heaven, or at least outer space. Now weather it went up on its own power (built a spaceship,) or was taken up by other means, I don't know, but was taken up none the less.

Another curious thing. Pangaea. At this same time all the land on the earth was one land mass. If you fit all the continents together, they fit nicely together, There are though a few big holes where no land fits. such as the Gulf of Mexico. Depending on which map you look at.

Moses 7 

16 And from that time forth there were wars and bloodshed among them; but the Lord came and adwelt with his people, and they dwelt in righteousness.

17 The afear of the Lord was upon all nations, so great was the bglory of the Lord, which was upon his people. And the Lord blessed the cland, and they were blessed upon the mountains, and upon the high places, and did flourish.

18 And the Lord called his people aZion, because they were of bone heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

19 And Enoch continued his preaching in righteousness unto the people of God. And it came to pass in his days, that he built a city that was called the City of Holiness, even Zion.

20 And it came to pass that Enoch talked with the Lord; and he said unto the Lord: Surely aZion shall dwell in safety forever. But the Lord said unto Enoch: Zion have I blessed, but the bresidue of the people have I cursed.

21 And it came to pass that the Lord showed unto Enoch all the inhabitants of the earth; and he beheld, and lo, aZion, in process of time, was btaken up into heaven. And the Lord said unto Enoch: Behold mine abode forever.

So you take Platos story about Atlantis and then go on to ignore pretty much everything he wrote. Congratulation you have done what pretty much all Atlantis believers do.  :tu:

• Like 3

On 10/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, Pettytalk said:

So what is about Plato's Atlantis that even towns have been named after it? Why would a, seemingly, unfinished story from so long ago still inspire so much attention? Providence perhaps?

America has named towns after almost ANYTHING. We have Spigot  and DeadHorse in Arkansas, Bacon Level in Alabama, Nothing in Arizona, and the list just goes on and on and on. 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:18 AM, Pettytalk said:

Skipping over the useless comments, here is another coincidence to add to the list, for the prediction of a mighty naval power coming forth from an "Island" in the Atlantic.

https://www.history.navy.mil/research/library/online-reading-room/title-list-alphabetically/a/atlantis-the-legendary-island.html

Atlantis: The Legendary Island

Even the US naval history site mentions Atlantis for obvious reasons. The reason being, the US Naval force, like Atlantis's naval power described by Plato is, without dispute, the  most powerful naval power in the world. The United States Navy is hands down the best and most powerful navy in the world. It eclipses all the other navies in the world by an almost comical margin. https://improb.com/best-military-navy-force/

America is NOT an Island in the Atlantic. SOME country has to have the biggest navy. In 20 years, it might be China. Will you then move Atlantis to Beijing ? And yes, there IS an article about Atlantis in the Navy's history files..... it is filed inbetween "The Assault Landings on Leyte Island" and "Aviation Personnel Fatalities in World War II". 

it starts.... "Atlantis, Atalantis, or Atlantica was a legendary island in the Atlantic Ocean,". Legendary. As in.. deriving from Legend or Myth. And NOT an actual factual place. 

Pettytalk, you are proposing that Plato's Atlantis was a prophecy. Why do you believe this ? Was Plato EVER regarded as a prophet ? Did he make any OTHER prophecies ? Ever ? Plato wrote a large body of work. One of these was  Timaeus , from whence comes the legend of Atlantis. And SUDDENLY,  Timaeus  is a work of prophecy ? 

Why just Timaeus ? Why not all of the other Socratean Dialogues ? Is there ANYTHING in Timaeus that makes it stand out ? Any stylistic difference ? What makes you think that THIS dialog is a prophecy and not - say - Parmenides, Theaetetus, or Phaedrus. Why are THEY not prophecies ? And if they are, what - precisely - are they prophesying ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/3/2019 at 11:02 AM, Pettytalk said:

“Immediately after it disappeared in the northeast, a violent rushing noise was heard, as if the phenomenon was bearing down the forest before it, and in a few seconds a tremendous crash was heard similar to that of the largest piece of ordnance causing a very sensible earthquake.”

If indeed it was an intelligently guided UFO, what would their interest be? Almost a quarter of a century earlier, another strange incident occurred to another key figure in America’s early years. In the snow and bitterly cold winter of 1777, his men weary from battle and close to their spirits being broken, one of the founding fathers of America, George Washington, had a vision – or perhaps more accurately, a visitation. 

That's a very classic description of a meteor.  I think that if you'll check newspaper reports of the time you'll find that it's not some weird spacecraft but rather an ordinary space rock.

• Like 2