Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another example of BBC propaganda

itsnotoutthere

30 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

because I don't know what you're talking about. Are you trying to use that fatuous old argument that "we don't vote for a Prime Minister, we vote for who we want to be our local MP"? Do you really keep saying that with a straight face?

There you go, you know how the system works, so what's with the repeated false statement?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its a tv license not a monitor one.

No. 

In the UK, you have to have a TV license if you receive live TV broadcasts by whatever means, including the internet. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

No. 

In the UK, you have to have a TV license if you receive live TV broadcasts by whatever means, including the internet. 

Its time to scrap the TV licence. the BBC no longer reflects the lives of its viewers with its constant stream of Political correctness, LGBT, propaganda rammed down its viewers throats. No wonder the BBC is losing a million licence payers a year. (resulting in them having to put the licence fee up, and not offering free TV licence for the over 75's) 

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Its time to scrap the TV licence. the BBC no longer reflects the lives of its viewers with its constant stream of Political correctness, LGBT, propaganda rammed down its viewers throats. No wonder the BBC is losing a million licence payers a year. (resulting in them having to put the licence fee up, and not offering free TV licence for the over 75's) 

So you would prefer Fox News or MSNBC to be allowed to take over ? :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

now your talking about going from bad to worse. still doesn't excuse or improve the bad though.

I agree with scrapping the TV Licence but I wouldn't free market the BBC (that's where they want to go) - I'd put it on tax. Stripped out service and on civil service pay scales. With Free View these days you get about 4 channels out of 100 as opposed to 2 out of 5 in the way it used to be. Back to BBC1 and 2, a couple of radio channels and that would be it. 

6 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It does now make you question now everytime Boris gets a bad reception or is heckled, who is really behind it. 

That would be Boris. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, aztek said:

do you have to pay tax if your tv unit IS a monitor?  as in not hooked to an antenna, or a cable\satellite service? 

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to

• watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV or live on an online TV service
  • download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer.

This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to

• watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV or live on an online TV service
  • download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer.

This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

so basically you got to pay no matter what you watch, or what device you use.  not only they feed you propaganda, but you have to pay for it too,  wow, 

now 2 question, how much are those licenses ?

does it apply to streaming services, like Netflix, or hulu, or whatever equivalent you got over there

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

so basically you got to pay no matter what you watch, or what device you use.  not only they feed you propaganda, but you have to pay for it too,  wow, 

now 2 question, how much are those licenses ?

does it apply to streaming services, like Netflix, or hulu, or whatever equivalent you got over there

£154.50 per year.

No to second question if you could prove you didn't watch live TV (e.g. via an app) or BBC iPlayer - you would just pay Prime or Netflix provider rates -

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The good Jeremy hasn't yet been Prime Minister. 

God help us.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

£154.50 per year.

No to second question if you could prove you didn't watch live TV (e.g. via an app) or BBC iPlayer - you would just pay Prime or Netflix provider rates -

so you have to prove you did not do something? wow, cool i guess, 

11 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I don't mind The Gays, it's just the way they keep ramming it down our throats!! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, aztek said:

so you have to prove you did not do something? wow, cool i guess, 

to be fair I have no real idea how they police this.

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I don't mind The Gays, it's just the way they keep ramming it down our throats!! 

I almost died laughing at your comment - very witty Dumbledore! :lol:

9 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Do a lot more people just watch streaming services now rather than live tv @RAyMO?  

I haven't watched live tv for.....omg it must be at least 5 years.  I just download tv shows or movies I want to watch, or watch youtube or Netflix.  Admittedly we don't have a tv license like you guys have but, how could you prove you didn't watch live tv anyway?  Do you have to pay that license no matter what? :o 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I get my news of the net and anything important i cross reference it with different sites, my problem is bbC* radio they make excellent documentaries and  history programs available on catch up, i used to love radio 4 comedy shows they've become so left wing PC, i can't listen to them anymore, the only one left without an extreme bias is 'Just a minuet' i like to listen to a program in bed before i go to sleep and more and more these are podcasts.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

the only one left without an extreme bias is 'Just a minuet'

The one where they have to perform a slow, stately ballroom dance from the 18th century without hesitation, repetition or deviation. 

I'd also recommend I'm sorry I haven't a clue and, if you like sitcoms, Cabin Pressure and Bleak Expectations. Some of the funniest programmes on radio and no politics to be seen. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

The one where they have to perform a slow, stately ballroom dance from the 18th century without hesitation, repetition or deviation. 

That's the one. :)

3 hours ago, Setton said:

I'd also recommend I'm sorry I haven't a clue and, if you like sitcoms, Cabin Pressure and Bleak Expectations. Some of the funniest programmes on radio and no politics to be seen. 

Yep,  'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' is a true classic and still sparkles after so many years unlike 'have I got news for you' which became unfunny about 15 years ago. 

On 9/18/2019 at 7:41 AM, RoofGardener said:

Now just hold on a minute...... 

Are you suggesting that the BBC was deliberately complicit with this ? And for that matter, was it only the BBC that aired this story, with the video clip ? 

Or was it just an opportunist who ambushed the PM in front of MULTIPLE TV news stations ? 

Oh wait.. it's the latter, isn't it ? 

And who alerted the activist? A reporter spicing up the news with a bit of targeted outrage propaganda? Yeah.

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And who alerted the activist? A reporter spicing up the news with a bit of targeted outrage propaganda? Yeah.

The activist was the father of the child in the story, he was there because she was getting care. If anything it was Boris that came looking for him.

The fact that the father of the child happened to be a Labour activist, does not take away his right to complain when Boris turned up for a photo op.  That he is a Labour activist should not take away from the problems he claimed the hospital trust were experiencing especially as this is not an isolated incident. Everybody and their dog knows that the NHS has been cut to the bone by the government.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1