Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The house I recently moved into is haunted

Keyword_Koda

I moved in with my boyfriend recently and his house and property is pretty busy with paranormal activity. Him and the rest of his family all have ghost stories of their own. I'd like to note that we live in a farming community so small that its a village but the houses are spaced far apart and it's basically in the middle of nowhere. 

There is a person in work boots that you can hear walking up and down the hall at night. I've heard him a couple of times. The sound starts in the bathroom and ends in the room where this mom sleeps.

One night my boyfriend was sitting in the dining room on his laptop and their big motion scensored flood light kept turning on. Every time it did he felt like someone was staring at him though the front door but when he turned around no one was there. Now the front door is a door that is just basically a giant window, it's completely see though except for the wood frame of the door. It turned on again and he turned around to look at the door and he saw a person pushed up against the door staring at him. This thing was wearing dark clothes and you couldn't see it's face except for the eyes. He said he made eye contact with him for a solid 30 seconds and then booked it to his room. All night after that he watched the flood light turn on and off through his window. 

My boyfriend's sister said that one night she was in bed and heard a low growling coming from under her bed. It sounded like s large dog. She slept on a loft bed and could see out of the room into the hall. At the time they only had one dog and he was laying in the hall sleeping. All she could do was hide under the blankets until morning.

We have a ghost dog that you'll periodically see wandering around. It's a smaller/medium sized dog.

It was winter time and we were sitting in the dining room. We have 4 dogs and they were all going nuts because they saw something outside. The screen door and the front door were both shut. They both flew open and the two girl dogs ran after something. 30 seconds later they come running back, tails tucked between their legs and they ran inside and hid. We don't know what they saw, but when they run they are gone and usually don't run back. This happened again a couple of weeks ago during broad daylight but the girls didnt run off.

My boyfriend and I hear something walking outside of our window and on the deck outside of our room at night. 

I'll hear little kids playing and talking outside or in the house.

Onetime I was in the pool and I was looking over the side at the drive way and I saw a little boy, about 5 or 6 walk behind a car and disappear. We dont have kids that young in our house. 

There is a not so nice spirit here. I feel unsafe sometimes. It will manifest as a shadow or a small child. I get chills sometimes randomly. This house was built by my boyfriend's great grandparents and as far as I know no one has died in it. So I don't know if we are just all experiencing hysteria/delusions or if something is tied to this land.

One night my boyfriend was sitting in the dining room on his laptop and their big motion scensored flood light kept turning on. Every time it did he felt like someone was staring at him though the front door but when he turned around no one was there. Now the front door is a door that is just basically a giant window, it's completely see though except for the wood frame of the door. It turned on again and he turned around to look at the door and he saw a person pushed up against the door staring at him. This thing was wearing dark clothes and you couldn't see it's face except for the eyes. He said he made eye contact with him for a solid 30 seconds and then booked it to his room. All night after that he watched the flood light turn on and off through his window. 

Why in the world did he run to his room and not wake everyone up when some weirdo is leaning on your front door in the middle of the night?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Why in the world did he run to his room and not wake everyone up when some weirdo is leaning on your front door in the middle of the night?

Yeah, that makes zero sense. Some nutjob is trying to get in the house so you do nothing but go hide?

Edited by moonman

40 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Well usually around here no one stops by late at night so he didnt know how to handle it o guess? He freaked out and ran. His mom works late nights and wasn't home. His grandpa is grumpy and was like go to bed no one is out there and his sister wouldnt wake up. 

37 minutes ago, moonman said:

Yeah, that makes zero sense. Some nutjob is trying to get in the house so you nothing but go hide?

He wasnt trying to get in, he apparantly stood there. If he wanted to get in I'm sure he would have. Apparantly when he peaked back out of his window the guy was gone. If it were me I'd call the police, I lived in the inter city for most of my child hood. If some dude stood outside of my door I'd freak out and id call 911. but he was like 13 and didnt have a phone. 

If you believe it's paranormal just ban whatever is there with an LBRP and it will be gone. 

28 minutes ago, Keyword_Koda said:

Well usually around here no one stops by late at night so he didnt know how to handle it o guess? He freaked out and ran. His mom works late nights and wasn't home. His grandpa is grumpy and was like go to bed no one is out there and his sister wouldnt wake up. 

Do you think the boyfriend acted the way he did because he sensed it was a non-physical entity. If he thought it was a living person wouldn't he have acted more calmly and investigated. Such fear and panic does not sound normal.

24 minutes ago, Keyword_Koda said:

He wasnt trying to get in, he apparantly stood there. If he wanted to get in I'm sure he would have. Apparantly when he peaked back out of his window the guy was gone. If it were me I'd call the police, I lived in the inter city for most of my child hood. If some dude stood outside of my door I'd freak out and id call 911. but he was like 13 and didnt have a phone. 

I'm confused. Is your boyfriend 13?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyword_Koda said:

I moved in with my boyfriend recently and his house and property is pretty busy with paranormal activity. Him and the rest of his family all have ghost stories of their own. I'd like to note that we live in a farming community so small that its a village but the houses are spaced far apart and it's basically in the middle of nowhere. 

There is a person in work boots that you can hear walking up and down the hall at night. I've heard him a couple of times. The sound starts in the bathroom and ends in the room where this mom sleeps.

Depending on the age of the house it could be it settling. Maybe even someone with heavy steps walking to the kitchen or bathroom.

One night my boyfriend was sitting in the dining room on his laptop and their big motion sensor flood light kept turning on. Every time it did he felt like someone was staring at him though the front door but when he turned around no one was there. Now the front door is a door that is just basically a giant window, it's completely see though except for the wood frame of the door. It turned on again and he turned around to look at the door and he saw a person pushed up against the door staring at him. This thing was wearing dark clothes and you couldn't see it's face except for the eyes. He said he made eye contact with him for a solid 30 seconds and then booked it to his room. All night after that he watched the flood light turn on and off through his window. 

Deer? Neighbor?

My boyfriend's sister said that one night she was in bed and heard a low growling coming from under her bed. It sounded like s large dog. She slept on a loft bed and could see out of the room into the hall. At the time they only had one dog and he was laying in the hall sleeping. All she could do was hide under the blankets until morning.

We have a ghost dog that you'll periodically see wandering around. It's a smaller/medium sized dog.

Could potentially be a stray or a wild dog/fox/coyote.

It was winter time and we were sitting in the dining room. We have 4 dogs and they were all going nuts because they saw something outside. The screen door and the front door were both shut. They both flew open and the two girl dogs ran after something. 30 seconds later they come running back, tails tucked between their legs and they ran inside and hid. We don't know what they saw, but when they run they are gone and usually don't run back. This happened again a couple of weeks ago during broad daylight but the girls didnt run off.

Again it would just be a wild animial.

My boyfriend and I hear something walking outside of our window and on the deck outside of our room at night. 

Once again potentially a wild animal.

I'll hear little kids playing and talking outside or in the house.

How close are the neighbors?

Onetime I was in the pool and I was looking over the side at the drive way and I saw a little boy, about 5 or 6 walk behind a car and disappear. We dont have kids that young in our house. 

How close are your neighbors?

There is a not so nice spirit here. I feel unsafe sometimes. It will manifest as a shadow or a small child. I get chills sometimes randomly. This house was built by my boyfriend's great grandparents and as far as I know no one has died in it. So I don't know if we are just all experiencing hysteria/delusions or if something is tied to this land.

Imagination and belief can shape perception. Fear can fuel it.

• Like 1