Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

India bans e-cigarettes

Still Waters

India has announced a ban on electronic cigarettes, as a backlash gathers pace worldwide about a technology promoted as less harmful than smoking tobacco.

The announcement by India on Wednesday came a day after New York became the second US state to ban flavoured e-cigarettes following a string of vaping-linked deaths.

“The decision was made keeping in mind the impact that e-cigarettes have on the youth of today,” India’s finance minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, told reporters in the capital, New Delhi.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/18/india-bans-e-cigarettes-as-global-vaping-backlash-grows

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gwynbleidd

Good. Smoking/Vaping = BAD. 

• Like 6

Kittens Are Jerks
1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Good. Smoking/Vaping = BAD. 

I agree. They've proved time and time again they are lethal, and the recent vaping crisis is absolutely frightening. 

• Like 5

ethereal_scout

Disagree with banning things - not a Satanist nor fascist. Vaping does get people off normal cigarettes - so wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is. Either that they want to leave it criminal.

Kittens Are Jerks
19 hours ago, ethereal_scout said:

Disagree with banning things - not a Satanist nor fascist. Vaping does get people off normal cigarettes - so wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is. Either that they want to leave it criminal.

I understand concerns regarding the outright banning of certain products, but at the same time, some should never have been allowed to make it to market in the first place. 

• Like 3

odas
9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I understand concerns regarding the outright banning of certain products, but at the same time, some should never have been allowed to make it to market in the first place. 

I am a smoker. Not hardcore but still. I wish they would stop producing cigaretts completely. It takes me just two days to get over them when I stop smoking sometimes for months.

Just stop producing and selling them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1