Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cattle mutilated in Eastern Oregon

Eldorado

"Right now in remote Eastern Oregon, a serial crime spree is unfolding. Young purebred bulls are mysteriously showing up dead. Cowboys recently found several animals with body parts precisely removed — and it’s happened just like this before in the West."

Full report at OPB dot org: https://www.opb.org/news/article/eastern-oregon-western-cattle-deaths-mystery-theories/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Big money bulls! :yes:

It's nothing more than bloody insurance fraud because our meat market is trash with the tariffs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Aliens come to mind here. They need parts and samples for....? And done with precision no rough-land rustler would care about.

Pretty good chance, I'd say.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Aliens come to mind here. They need parts and samples for....? And done with precision no rough-land rustler would care about.

Pretty good chance, I'd say.

Do you have any examples of aliens you can compare with?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And done with precision no rough-land rustler would care about.

This is how rustling works. They scout the herd with a helicopter. Back up a stock carrier to the closest fence and run the whole group in with ATVs and electric prods.

and why wouldn't a alien biologist take the whole bloody cow? How can you study soft parts? Why don't they just take DNA which will tell you everything? 

It's insurance fraud, pure and simple. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Pretty good chance, I'd 

Samples for...

beef-kofta.jpg

Kofta making aliens.  You might be on to something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Kofta making aliens.  You might be on to something. 

What? No tartare? :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The claim of precision cuts is the only stand by pretend term. I dare anyone to provide a definition for the term. It is just used to feign some sort of snowflake property to the story.

The simple fact is that maggots and disease and tearing flesh produce nice "precision cuts".

What is well known is that ranchers do not know the processes that happen to the dead. They do know how to care for the living. They do not sit around and observe what happens to the dead animals. They have the living to care for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I only read through part of the article. Here is a great quote

“Another [person] told us we should run like a Geiger counter type thing around the animal and guarantees that there would be radiation there,” Jenkins said. “And the number one on the list there, he thinks it’s the North Vietnamese army.”

It's all made up hooey with what?

Jenkins said the cases have been tough, with little evidence and no credible leads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why would aliens they do this? You'd think if they were advanced enough to travel here they would be advanced enough to only need to study a cow once? Instead they keep coming back and killing hundreds?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Why would aliens they do this? You'd think if they were advanced enough to travel here they would be advanced enough to only need to study a cow once? Instead they keep coming back and killing hundreds?

and the fact that a genetics lab can take a sliver of bone and tell every genetic feature, what diseases you had, where you lived and what you ate. 

They just completely reconstructed Denisovans, with a jaw fragment and one finger bone. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Sounds alot like what Asians do with sharkfin soup

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The idea of aliens is so bizarre. They can travel between star systems and yet have to kill what they study? Bizarre.

If I were an alien I would be using a future device that can record the complete chemical form of an object, living or not, and do it non-invasively. 

I think the most plausible explanation is the time traveling Viet Cong who will bring the meat loving hegemonistic running dogs of the imperialistic satanists to their knees one burger at a time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Do you have any examples of aliens you can compare with?

Question doesn't make sense to me. Compare what with what?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Piney said:

This is how rustling works. They scout the herd with a helicopter. Back up a stock carrier to the closest fence and run the whole group in with ATVs and electric prods.

and why wouldn't a alien biologist take the whole bloody cow? How can you study soft parts? Why don't they just take DNA which will tell you everything? 

The important point people are making is that what is being done to the cows does not make sense for rustlers or is there even any clarity on how they would even do this.

5 hours ago, Piney said:

It's insurance fraud, pure and simple. 

That strikes me as way, way too much certainty and an opinion presented by one I would suspect dislikes alien possibilities.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That strikes me as way, way too much certainty and an opinion presented by one I would suspect dislikes alien possibilities.

Fermi Paradox. Rare Earth Theory

....and the question is why would something advanced need to cut off things to make a study when we don't? 

How they would do what? Do you have a vet's autopsy report.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Piney said:

Big money bulls! :yes:

It's nothing more than bloody insurance fraud because our meat market is trash with the tariffs. 

I wonder if it's a rival rancher? Maybe crazy vegans?:lol:

• Haha 4

I heard an interview with the deputy sheriff on a local NPR station.  When he said mysterious, he was indicating insufficient evidence, not anything woo.  I am a little disappointed for NPR to play up the wing nut theories, Bigfoot, North Vietnamese army etc..

Valuable young bulls worth $7,000 based on future breeding desirability.  That might add some cred to Piney's insurance fraud idea.  

Thanks for attaching the print version.  Looking at the two photos, one carcass is bloated, the other looks eviscerated by scavengers. They are not identical in any case though the reporter could have been lazy and used stock photos - no pun intended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I wonder if it's a rival rancher?

That's a good possibility. I've seen stallions killed because of it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Piney said:

That's a good possibility. I've seen stallions killed because of it. 

When stuff like this comes up I can't help but think someone might have a grudge. But, meh. It is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh wait.  It could be bovine aliens wanting to improve their genetics, but they find earth bulls too stupid and barbaric to put up with on the flight home, so they just take what they need.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Fermi Paradox. Rare Earth Theory

....and the question is why would something advanced need to cut off things to make a study when we don't? 

How they would do what? Do you have a vet's autopsy report.

If you re-read my comment you will see that I claimed no proof. I was speculating on possibilities and considering everything I've heard related to the subject from all sides and sources.

One can speculate many reasons why they might need earth biological parts for reasons we can only guess at.

From the article: 

The next morning, his cow was laid over and dead, her udder removed with something razor-sharp. 

“And not one drop of blood anywhere,” 

Her son, a butcher at the time, inspected the slain animal. He couldn’t understand how the cuts were made so clean. 

Davies said she and her husband rode strategic circles around the area with four-wheelers to try and find vehicle tracks, horse tracks, something. They never found any. And in this country, “everything you do leaves tracks,” Davies said. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh wait.  It could be bovine aliens wanting to improve their genetics, but they find earth bulls too stupid and barbaric to put up with on the flight home, so they just take what they need.

Sounds like a reasonable answer.

• Haha 3

• The topic was locked