Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI & Local Police Stop Mass Shooters in U.S.

Gunn

There is only one concern I have and that is social media.  My cousin has been battling a crazy person (and I am not saying my cousin is sane) who has stolen her identity, takes her photos off of facebook and posts them as her own, claiming to be my cousin.  I know it started as some kind of wierd fued but if some drugged out 40 year old "girl" can do that and the person she is stalking and imitating can't get any help stopping it, what is to keep someone from creating posts as someone else to frame them for terrorism? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

There is only one concern I have and that is social media.  My cousin has been battling a crazy person (and I am not saying my cousin is sane) who has stolen her identity, takes her photos off of facebook and posts them as her own, claiming to be my cousin.  I know it started as some kind of wierd fued but if some drugged out 40 year old "girl" can do that and the person she is stalking and imitating can't get any help stopping it, what is to keep someone from creating posts as someone else to frame them for terrorism? 

Oh man, that sounds like an 'F' ed up situation! Surely the local authorities are at least keeping an eye on the identity thief in your cousin's situation? 

But I think they can trace back to the very location and find the exact computer and it's owner, where the posts and photos are coming from. I've seen them find out exactly who it is in cases of pictures with kids (you know, illegal photos).

Edit; jeez the censor is critical, can't even type the P word. :rolleyes: Like when did that become a curse word?

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I can see a lot of lawsuits happening when this crap happens. Once a half dozen people are bankrupted  for falsely reporting someone for revenge purposes, they will stop, or at least taper down significantly. I hope so anyway.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Bad day.
  • Like 1

Nothing!  Just like no one could stop the FBI from attempting to frame President Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gunn said:

Well I wasn't sure our U.S. authorities across the nation were going to keep this up, yet it's the third week of September and they've been keeping at it since August, but that doesn't mean they couldn't stop anytime in the future. I hope they don't stop, ever, but who knows what's going to happen. In any case, I decided to start a thread specifically about this, to mainly post future news updates of the arrests of potential mass shooters. And as long as our authorities keep this up, well I guess will all see how much of a dent these preventive measures make with the mass shooting problem here in the U.S.

Anyway, in this news article are all the arrests made last month in August. It's the latest list I could find;

Over 40 People Have Been Arrested As Potential Mass Shooters Since El Paso

Here are the latest in September I found so far;

Fresno High School student arrested for threatening to 'shoot up school'

3 students arrested in thwarted school shooting plot, police say; replica AR-15 is seized

Well heck! After a quick search, I found two more from this month that I missed.

Authorities Asking Public for Help After Another Possible Mass-Shooter was Arrested

'Brave' Texas father helps thwart possible mass shooting by calling cops on his son

And found another one;

12-year-old arrested for threatening mass shooting at Cape Coral school

So by all means, if anybody else has updates or future updates, please post them. And as always, comments/discussions welcome too.:)

Thanks for starting this thread, I hope everyone will help keep it updated.

Take care

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gunn said:

Oh man, that sounds like an 'F' ed up situation! Surely the local authorities are at least keeping an eye on the identity thief in your cousin's situation? 

But I think they can trace back to the very location and find the exact computer and it's owner, where the posts and photos are coming from. I've seen them find out exactly who it is in cases of pictures with kids (you know, illegal photos).

Edit; jeez the censor is critical, can't even type the P word. :rolleyes: Like when did that become a curse word?

they can only trace amateurs,  people who have  bit of brains will never be traced, there are many ways not to get traced, but fortunately those people do not shoot up stores or schools, it is stupid kids who do, vast majority of times, for attention. and due to mental issues.

and no cops wont help if your account gets hijacked.  they will arrest you first, than maybe if your lawyer is good, you will prove your innocence,  do not ever expect cops to help you.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, aztek said:

they can only trace amateurs,  people who have  bit of brains will never be traced, there are many ways not to get traced, but fortunately those people do not shoot up stores or schools, it is stupid kids who do, vast majority of times, for attention. and due to mental issues.

and no cops wont help if your account gets hijacked.  they will arrest you first, than maybe if your lawyer is good, you will prove your innocence,  do not ever expect cops to help you.

I see. It's hacking. I totally misunderstood her post about how the thief got her cousin's photos. I thought it was someone copying the photos and opening up an account in her cousin's name or something like that, then posting the photos. Regardless, not good!

4 hours ago, Gunn said:

Well I wasn't sure our U.S. authorities across the nation were going to keep this up, yet it's the third week of September and they've been keeping at it since August, but that doesn't mean they couldn't stop anytime in the future. I hope they don't stop, ever, but who knows what's going to happen. In any case, I decided to start a thread specifically about this, to mainly post future news updates of the arrests of potential mass shooters. And as long as our authorities keep this up, well I guess will all see how much of a dent these preventive measures make with the mass shooting problem here in the U.S.

Anyway, in this news article are all the arrests made last month in August. It's the latest list I could find;

Over 40 People Have Been Arrested As Potential Mass Shooters Since El Paso

Here are the latest in September I found so far;

Fresno High School student arrested for threatening to 'shoot up school'

3 students arrested in thwarted school shooting plot, police say; replica AR-15 is seized

Well heck! After a quick search, I found two more from this month that I missed.

Authorities Asking Public for Help After Another Possible Mass-Shooter was Arrested

'Brave' Texas father helps thwart possible mass shooting by calling cops on his son

And found another one;

12-year-old arrested for threatening mass shooting at Cape Coral school

So by all means, if anybody else has updates or future updates, please post them. And as always, comments/discussions welcome too.:)

Imagine that... and not a new Federal Red Flag Law necessary.  That push to codify a legal means to detain, search and confiscate personal property, all based on innuendo or anonymous reports will be the beginning of the end of our Constitutional rights.  It is unnecessary and it's the same kind of overreach that we saw in the "Patriot" Act.

If nutters and even people who are legitimately angry about the possibility of new 2A restrictions that are blatantly unconstitutional, vent themselves online by specifically threatening individuals, groups or locations then they deserve to be investigated.  It's the equivalent of shouting FIRE! in a crowded theater these days.  The issue I have with such laws will be the inevitable misuse where anonymous reports lead to subjective rulings based on nebulous, non-specific language that will usually have political overtones.

Once the Feds or even State government descends and the individual has his weapons, phone and computers seized, a prosecutor will usually be able to build a case from next to nothing, even charging the citizen with ancillary crimes that never would have been possible without this law.  

There should be absolute, ironclad protections for people who get caught up in this hysteria so that they don't have their rights taken unless they are wealthy enough to afford 10s or 100s of thousands in legal fees.  If the language an individual uses in person or online is not SPECIFICALLY THREATENING to individuals, groups or locations then there should be no ability by government to search or seize any person's property who has not broken other laws.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

I can see a lot of lawsuits happening when this crap happens. Once a half dozen people are bankrupted  for falsely reporting someone for revenge purposes, they will stop, or at least taper down significantly. I hope so anyway.

There's already the deterrence of a false police report anyway?  What is the trigger for the Law acting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

There's already the deterrence of a false police report anyway?  What is the trigger for the Law acting.

I'm not talking about the law. Civil suits.  Hit them where it really hurts, their wallets. 

• Like 1

Two more recently caught.

Deputies: Gateway Charter student admired Columbine shooters, threatened mass shooting

Affidavit: Former student referenced Columbine shootings, next mass shooter

I'm giving credits to @aztek for finding this one before I did. And it's bizarre how both these kids admired or referenced the Columbine shooters for their reasons, all within 3 days of each other.

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Those laws probably vary by state and if a Federal statute is passed that is weak enough and tipped toward protecting the government, the supremacy clause kicks in.  Maybe I'm being paranoid but after the last three years of watching the media sideshow and the moves of people like AOC and Ilhan Omar, I don't plan to wait until the other shoe drops before becoming politically active.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Imagine that... and not a new Federal Red Flag Law necessary.  That push to codify a legal means to detain, search and confiscate personal property, all based on innuendo or anonymous reports will be the beginning of the end of our Constitutional rights.  It is unnecessary and it's the same kind of overreach that we saw in the "Patriot" Act.

If nutters and even people who are legitimately angry about the possibility of new 2A restrictions that are blatantly unconstitutional, vent themselves online by specifically threatening individuals, groups or locations then they deserve to be investigated.  It's the equivalent of shouting FIRE! in a crowded theater these days.  The issue I have with such laws will be the inevitable misuse where anonymous reports lead to subjective rulings based on nebulous, non-specific language that will usually have political overtones.

Once the Feds or even State government descends and the individual has his weapons, phone and computers seized, a prosecutor will usually be able to build a case from next to nothing, even charging the citizen with ancillary crimes that never would have been possible without this law.  

There should be absolute, ironclad protections for people who get caught up in this hysteria so that they don't have their rights taken unless they are wealthy enough to afford 10s or 100s of thousands in legal fees.  If the language an individual uses in person or online is not SPECIFICALLY THREATENING to individuals, groups or locations then there should be no ability by government to search or seize any person's property who has not broken other laws.  

Hey partner, I agree with everything you have said. But, I would like to add that people are responsible for what they say in public or online. With all the madness currently going on concerning this issue, making threats is a dangerous thing to do these. I also agree that people who are venting and really not dangerous can very easily get caught up in all this and I agree that isn't right.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm not talking about the law. Civil suits.  Hit them where it really hurts, their wallets. 

40 minutes ago, and then said:

Those laws probably vary by state and if a Federal statute is passed that is weak enough and tipped toward protecting the government, the supremacy clause kicks in.  Maybe I'm being paranoid but after the last three years of watching the media sideshow and the moves of people like AOC and Ilhan Omar, I don't plan to wait until the other shoe drops before becoming politically active.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restraining_order#Burden_of_proof_and_misuse

It doesn't seem like it's completely uncharted waters.  Have there been any developments on the misuse of restraining orders.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restraining_order#Burden_of_proof_and_misuse

It doesn't seem like it's completely uncharted waters.  Have there been any developments on the misuse of restraining orders.

I did a quick search and found no changes or updates from 1996 on. Here's a comprehensive link that goes pretty in depth. There doesn't seem to be any clear cut rules and judges have wide discretion when it comes to punishment. Seems like a bit of a crap shoot to me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://jaapl.org/content/38/3/376&ved=2ahUKEwiq7fOf8t7kAhVLj54KHWZtCyUQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3t9VLOxXrXHLsoRdgC424M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is another thing that this doesn't help.  The 19 year old that shot up Aztec High in New Mexico early this year did not tell anyone what he planned.  He did not post anything on social media or tell a friend that he had a gun.  He just showed up and started shooting.  Those kind you can't stop,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is another thing that this doesn't help.  The 19 year old that shot up Aztec High in New Mexico early this year did not tell anyone what he planned.  He did not post anything on social media or tell a friend that he had a gun.  He just showed up and started shooting.  Those kind you can't stop,

There will always be an element of unpredictability. Someone on the highway randomly snaps and decides to drive into a crowd, for example. Or a psycho on a bus brandishing a knife. Given the number of guns, people, drugs and violent media in America I would say things are going better than expected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If a red flag law is passed we can expect the crazies to begin flying under the radar.  

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Not sure where your going with this. I agree that not a lot can be done in the circumstance you provided,  but that doesn't mean everyone should clam up and stop reporting gun toting nut jobs.

we do not need RFL, they seem to be giving gvnmt more power to take away due process, we already have plenty of laws, to use probable cause, in such cases.  RFl are not about safety, anymore than patriot act was.  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, Gunn said:

Two more recently caught.

Deputies: Gateway Charter student admired Columbine shooters, threatened mass shooting

Affidavit: Former student referenced Columbine shootings, next mass shooter

I'm giving credits to @aztek for finding this one before I did. And it's bizarre how both these kids admired or referenced the Columbine shooters for their reasons, all within 3 days of each other.

New measures being taken by Schools Nation wide:  There are many changes happening as we speak to School across the Nation. Law Enforcement is training teachers.in Gun Safty so they are able to get concealed carry permits, Video cameras are being updated and new cameras are being installed. Some Schools have hired armed security guards and others have a daily law enforcement presence. There are many other changes occurring, please see the link below.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-schools-implement-safety-measures-wake-recent-mass/story?id=56872661

Looks like Red Flag Laws are a big topic at State and Federal levels. See the link below.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/more-states-allowing-gun-seizures-amid-plague-of-mass-shootings

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1