Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI & Local Police Stop Mass Shooters in U.S.

Gunn

Now all it needs is a teacher having a tough time on a bad day and start letting bullets fly just to make a point... 

~

• Like 1

Here is a new technology using video cameras to detect guns, and then the system will contact Law Enforcement.

Heres a link with more information:  https://www.fastcompany.com/90388822/how-gun-detection-technology-promises-to-help-prevent-mass-shootings

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Now all it needs is a teacher having a tough time on a bad day and start letting bullets fly just to make a point... 

~

I guess that's possible, but I don't think that will be an issue. I think the biggest issue will be how a teacher will react if a shooting starts. It's a proven that many people who conceal carry a firearm, will not have the ability to kill someone. People will freeze up when the bullets start flying, or they will try to wound the shooter instead of going for the kill shot. In my opinion, if you ever have to pull a gun on another human being, you have to shoot to kill, if not you should not have pulled a gun in the first place.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I guess that's possible, but I don't think that will be an issue. I think the biggest issue will be how a teacher will react if a shooting starts. It's a proven that many people who conceal carry a firearm, will not have the ability to kill someone. People will freeze up when the bullets start flying, or they will try to wound the shooter instead of going for the kill shot. In my opinion, if you ever have to pull a gun on another human being, you have to shoot to kill, if not you should not have pulled a gun in the first place.

Well, it was said that teachers will not be sexually attracted or fall in love with the students because they know they shouldn't and they know better, doesn't mean that they can't or won't, for that matter and whatever that's worth. 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, third_eye said:

Well, it was said that teachers will not be sexually attracted or fall in love with the students because they know they shouldn't and they know better, doesn't mean that they can't or won't, for that matter and whatever that's worth. 

~

Sorry I don't understand, was this in the link I provided or is this your personal thoughts on the subject. 

Take care

37 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry I don't understand, was this in the link I provided or is this your personal thoughts on the subject. 

Take care

Never mind... 

~

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Never mind... 

~

Ok have a good day.

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ok have a good day.

Busy one actually, you too

~

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 5:00 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Not sure where your going with this. I agree that not a lot can be done in the circumstance you provided,  but that doesn't mean everyone should clam up and stop reporting gun toting nut jobs.

Obviously you are not sure where I am going with this.  I try to be concise with my words but sometimes people want to read their stuff into it.

I'm not saying "don't report" I'm saying it will not stop the serious shooters, and it could cause harm to someone who is falsely accused.  I am not talking about those silly twits that think they are joking and then get arrested.  They need a wake up call.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2019 at 5:06 AM, Manwon Lender said:

New measures being taken by Schools Nation wide:  There are many changes happening as we speak to School across the Nation. Law Enforcement is training teachers.in Gun Safty so they are able to get concealed carry permits, Video cameras are being updated and new cameras are being installed. Some Schools have hired armed security guards and others have a daily law enforcement presence. There are many other changes occurring, please see the link below.

Interesting. Back in my high school days there was an armed security guard always patrolling the school grounds and parking lots. We never had any shootings that's for sure. Cameras should help. Good find, ML. Thanks for the links.

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Obviously you are not sure where I am going with this.  I try to be concise with my words but sometimes people want to read their stuff into it.

I'm not saying "don't report" I'm saying it will not stop the serious shooters, and it could cause harm to someone who is falsely accused.  I am not talking about those silly twits that think they are joking and then get arrested.  They need a wake up call.

Yeah, unfortunately there will probably be a few more shootings, just like there were still a few more Muslim extremist terrorist attacks after 911 and the Patriot Act was passed. I guess the best way to look at is how much of a reduction in shootings this method will stop.

• Like 1

New bill could force cops to ask active shooters to stop killing before taking  action

An active shooter armed with hundreds of rounds of ammunition and multiple firearms picks a public place and begins shooting. After just a few minutes, and an unimaginable amount of casualties and injuries to innocent bystanders, emergency crews race onto the scene. 

Now, instead of seeing their target, honing in on the danger and putting a stop to the threat, two U.S. Representatives say that police need to change how they handle it — first by asking the threat to stop hurting people before taking appropriate action.

“It is past time to end a legal standard for use of force that permits Americans to be killed as a first resort – rather than only when absolutely necessary – and with little accountability,” Rep. Ro Khanna (D-California), co-author of the bill said in press release on Wednesday.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/new-peace-bill-could-force-cops-change-everything/?fbclid=IwAR0G5ghDTqTW3-du6ZIgAHyB9mLYACFhDmjHQn4_mq6DfUorw3lxxmuDan4

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update: Three more arrested

One just recently, another arrest that I apparently missed, and one arrest that is related to a mass shooting threat he made as far back as July, but they arrested him on weapons charge.

Hialeah Teen Had Hit List, Threatened Mass Shooting at School: Police

Florida authorities arrest man posting mass shooting threats

Hernando Man Accused of Mass Shooting Threat Arrested on Weapons Charges

On the Hernando man it's a little different, but related;

WEEKI WACHEE, Fla. — A Hernando County man arrested earlier this year for allegedly threatening to commit a mass shooting on social media is in trouble with the law again. This time, Larry Morelli Jr. faces weapons charges.

• Weapons in home violated risk protection order from earlier case
  • Detectives also found marijuana, drug paraphernalia while executing search warrant

According to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, detectives received several anonymous tips between July 31 and Sept. 5 that Morelli, 24, was advertising guns for sale on social media.

Edited by Gunn

On 9/22/2019 at 1:41 PM, aztek said:

What an incredibly misleading headline. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well so far, only found three for the month of October. (Lol. Just my luck, there will probably be one or two more that will pop up before Oct. 31 after typing this. But I'm gonna take a gamble. :lol:)

Spokane Police: Man arrested for mass shooting threats at downtown business

14-year-old Florida boy arrested after threatening mass shooting at school, police say

Utah man arrested for threatening mass shooting at children’s hospital

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Gunn said:

Well so far, only found three for the month of October. (Lol. Just my luck, there will probably be one or two more that will pop up before Oct. 31 after typing this. But I'm gonna take a gamble. :lol:)

Spokane Police: Man arrested for mass shooting threats at downtown business

14-year-old Florida boy arrested after threatening mass shooting at school, police say

Utah man arrested for threatening mass shooting at children’s hospital

They need to quit naming them, let them be anonymous so that there is no "fame" attached to their names.  We need to quit giving people attention for stuff like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

They need to quit naming them, let them be anonymous so that there is no "fame" attached to their names.  We need to quit giving people attention for stuff like this.

That will be tough to do in today's media circus environment. As the major news networks lose viewers by the thousands, they become desperate for clicks. Hence the exaggerated headlines and blogger-level journalism. They would have to make a pact to not release personal details of shooters. It might be better to pass a law prohibiting the media from releasing those details but in some cases it may be necessary to let the public know. It's a messy situation but I agree with you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

That will be tough to do in today's media circus environment. As the major news networks lose viewers by the thousands, they become desperate for clicks. Hence the exaggerated headlines and blogger-level journalism. They would have to make a pact to not release personal details of shooters. It might be better to pass a law prohibiting the media from releasing those details but in some cases it may be necessary to let the public know. It's a messy situation but I agree with you.

Or find a way to make a policy that is upheld for police departments not to release names, like they aren't allowed to release the names of children. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Or find a way to make a policy that is upheld for police departments not to release names, like they aren't allowed to release the names of children. 

Even better. It's easier to regulate PD's than CNN producers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Definitely agree. I doubt the news media ever would though for nefarious reasons.

Edited by Gunn

On 9/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, Gunn said:

Interesting. Back in my high school days there was an armed security guard always patrolling the school grounds and parking lots. We never had any shootings that's for sure. Cameras should help. Good find, ML. Thanks for the links.

Yeah, unfortunately there will probably be a few more shootings, just like there were still a few more Muslim extremist terrorist attacks after 911 and the Patriot Act was passed. I guess the best way to look at is how much of a reduction in shootings this method will stop.

We had this too. He was an off duty police officer from the county. We never had a school shooting but we did have 3 of those officers "reassigned" due to "inappropriate relationships" with underage girls. And we had plenty of bomb threats.Especially in the days/weeks following Columbine. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

We had this too. He was an off duty police officer from the county. We never had a school shooting but we did have 3 of those officers "reassigned" due to "inappropriate relationships" with underage girls. And we had plenty of bomb threats.Especially in the days/weeks following Columbine. 

Yeah we had the occasional bomb threats too, usually it was because some joker wanted to get out of school early or skip some class. Seemed like that was happening in just about every school system across the U.S.A. Our security guard was a retired police officer, although I never heard of one getting in trouble for having relations with a student.in our school system. But it did happen at least once with a teacher though. :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gunn said:

Yeah we had the occasional bomb threats too, usually it was because some joker wanted to get out of school early or skip some class. Seemed like that was happening in just about every school system across the U.S.A. Our security guard was a retired police officer, although I never heard of one getting in trouble for having relations with a student.in our school system. But it did happen at least once with a teacher though. :lol:

In the 60's when I was in grade school 3 boys were expeled because they called in a bomb threat so they could have a day off from school  They were 6th graders and still pretty stupid because they bragged about it the day before so school was closed and the three boys were rounded up and spent their day off from school at the police station.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...