Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

Raptor Witness

According to President Trump’s arch nemesis, former CIA Director, John Brennan, who spoke on MSNBC’s Brian Williams show last night, the Administration’s career ending iceberg has just been spotted. It’s this attempted self dealing with Ukraine, to try and throw the next election.

Brennan says this is just the tip of an iceberg.

Edited by Raptor Witness

"yawn"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

huh?

• Like 1

Trump doesn't need to worry about any of THAT nonsense.  His supporters will ignore it.  The only risk to his reelection that is certain today is making the wrong call on "Assault" weapons bans and Red Flag laws.  If he gives in and retreats and signs either of those, I predict he will lose and America will be on her way toward civil chaos and or a secessionist movement.  Yeah, the sky really WILL be falling.  We are finally approaching the end of civility.  I predict that rather than some sort of shooting civil war we'll see states mobilizing in a grassroots way to wholesale nullify the laws that a Prog government tries to force on the states.

I'm already drafting a letter to my state representatives and am looking into creating a petition that can hopefully go statewide to get ahead of this grab at our unalienable rights by the Feds.  If enough states communicate, debate and come to agreement on a resistance to this overreach then the Feds will realize it's a guaranteed loser before they begin trying to push too hard.

The Left did the nation a massive favor by openly practicing nullification on Federal Immigration statutes and defending that stance in the courts so that funding could not be withheld.   Such moves against 2A sanctuary states would certainly go to the Supreme Court and the composition of that court today would never rule against states rights if they knew secession might be in the offing.

The only way that would happen would be if the Progs used their majority to pack the court with multiple new members and creating a change in the majority through that mechanism.  THAT will spell the end of the USSC as a valid arbiter of Constitutional legal questions.  They should think long and hard before trying such usurpation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is this the same as the "whistleblower" news that is trending? 

If I read it right... An unknown someone heard Trump tell a unknown foreign leader, something that is unknown, but is described as a promise, that the unknown whistleblower thought shouldnt be promised. 

Lots of unknown here.

I tend to agree with those saying the President has wide ranging powers in what he discusses, and I'd not say making political promises is outside of that. "We will pledge to help you in this time of need..." is a promise, for example.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Rudy Giuliani

I found something out about Rudy the other day how he wrote a favourable letter for a cop that was caught out in Virginia for fraud.  I was surprised he would put his name to something like that - especially when the cop ended up going to jail anyway as he was guilty as heck. 

Going back to the youtube live stream now to watch the Area 51 RAID :D 

• Like 7

I think the former CIA Director might be in a position to know something about a pattern of self dealing. 

Watergate was essentially about the same type of thing. Breaking the law to try and dig up dirt on your political enemies, and using the power of your office to do it.

A quid pro quo on behalf of the country is one thing, but using the power of your office to attempt to leverage an election? Come on ..... that’s clearly a crime and it will likely result in impeachment.

Trump is acting like a monarch, and if you don’t draw the line someplace, you don’t have a republic anymore.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

If I read it right... An unknown someone heard Trump tell a unknown foreign leader, something that is unknown, but is described as a promise, that the unknown whistleblower thought shouldnt be promised. 

Lots of unknown here.

I tend to agree with those saying the President has wide ranging powers in what he discusses, and I'd not say making political promises is outside of that. "We will pledge to help you in this time of need..." is a promise, for example.

I wouldn't say it was nothing. 

whistleblower complaint, which had been deemed by the intelligence community inspector general to be "credible and urgent."

If the inspector general viewed it so seriously, then I can't think it would be something insignificant.

Couple that with how hard they're working to keep the details out of the public and it begins to look like yet another scandal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Lots of unknown here.

While this is off the OP topic the problem isnt that a whistleblower had a complaint. Its that the WH and the DOJ are hiding that complaint from congress.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OK perhaps not so off topic ?

Explosive new reports find whistleblower complaint about Trump involves Ukraine

As the mystery about a suppressed whistleblower complaint potentially involving President Donald Trump continues to unfurl, the Washington Post and the New York Times reported Thursday night that the matter under scrutiny involves Ukraine.

This key new detail, if correct, all but completes the puzzle at the center of a swelling dispute between the White House, the Justice Department, the intelligence community, and Congress. Here’s why

The Post had previously reported that the whistleblower’s complaint, which is being kept from Congress in apparent violation of the law by top Trump officials, concerns a “promise” Trump made to a foreign leader. The New York Times built on this reporting by saying it wasn’t just a single promise or phone call in question but a series of “multiple acts.” Now both outlets confirm that Ukraine is involved.

Some suspect Mr. Trump is once again catering to Mr. Putin, who is dedicated to undermining Ukrainian democracy and independence. But we’re reliably told that the president has a second and more venal agenda: He is attempting to force Mr. Zelensky to intervene in the 2020 U.S. presidential election by launching an investigation of the leading Democratic candidate, Joe Biden. Mr. Trump is not just soliciting Ukraine’s help with his presidential campaign; he is using U.S. military aid the country desperately needs in an attempt to extort it.

The U.S. House committees on foreign affairs, intelligence and government oversight have begun investigating the matter.

Zelensky has said he hopes to meet with Trump at the White House. And yet the Independent reported:

But there have been claims that Mr Trump had refused to meet Mr Zelensky after his election this year, and that US officials have warned this would continue to be the case unless the Ukrainian authorities reopened the Burisma files.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

While this is off the OP topic the problem isnt that a whistleblower had a complaint. Its that the WH and the DOJ are hiding that complaint from congress.

That's the problem I would see with it also. It is the evasion, more then his actions which are drawing attention here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I can't/won't read the altnet story because it demands I remove my addblocker, which I won't do. However, I read the article in The Daily Beast ( https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-whistleblower-saga-threatens-to-blow-up-2020-campaign) and it seemed riddled with uncorroborated innuendo and reports of unspecified "rumours". 

Indeed, it is hard to work out what the accusations actually ARE ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

I can't/won't read the altnet story because it demands I remove my addblocker, which I won't do. However, I read the article in The Daily Beast ( https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-whistleblower-saga-threatens-to-blow-up-2020-campaign) and it seemed riddled with uncorroborated innuendo and reports of unspecified "rumours". 

Indeed, it is hard to work out what the accusations actually ARE ? 

Right because the DOJ is refusing to turn the whistle blower's report over to congress. 

If it does end up being the Ukraine thingy its a pretty big deal, but, the real scandal is that an IG decided something legally shady happened and the DOJ is hiding it from congressional oversight.

And now we know that there were events behind the scenes this summer that raised additional red flags for an intelligence community employee. Then the inspector general, reviewing the complaint, raised his own alarms. But higher-up Trump officials have determined to block that complaint from getting to Congress, despite the clear letter of the law that says the intelligence committees in the House and Senate are entitled to the materials. The effort to block the complaint suggests it’s even more serious than we would otherwise suspect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is an excellent example of the propaganda being produced by Foxnews

Hannity on whistleblower report: 'Key facts, details don't matter' to the media mob

"We don't know any details of the allegations. We don't know which world leader was referenced. Nobody has a clue what the so-called promise was," Hannity said on his television show.  "Naturally, nobody else in the media that is now echoing what the Washington Post says ever decided to independently verify these unknown claims on their own that this unknown individual is making."

....of course nowhere does he mention that the only reason we dont have the details is because the administration is hiding them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It APPEARS to relate to Guiliani asking the Ukranian President to progress with an investigation into Jo Biden's son... or rather, the allegation that Jo Biden tried to pressurise the Ukranians to drop the investigation ??? 

As for the DOJ... there may have been procedural reasons not to refer the information to Congress. We don't know, do we ? 

For the time being, I'm going to file this under "Trump Derangement Syndome" and await more information. ESPECIALLY considering that the two newspapers who are pushing this story are.. wait for it, wait for it.. the Washington Post and the New York Times. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It APPEARS to relate to Guiliani asking the Ukranian President to progress with an investigation into Jo Biden's son... or rather, the allegation that Jo Biden tried to pressurise the Ukranians to drop the investigation ??? 

As for the DOJ... there may have been procedural reasons not to refer the information to Congress. We don't know, do we ? 

For the time being, I'm going to file this under "Trump Derangement Syndome" and await more information. ESPECIALLY considering that the two newspapers who are pushing this story are.. wait for it, wait for it.. the Washington Post and the New York Times. 

Damn man you would be much less wrong if you actually read the links

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

He pretty much tried to extort Ukraine to help him in the next election. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I found something out about Rudy the other day how he wrote a favourable letter for a cop that was caught out in Virginia for fraud.  I was surprised he would put his name to something like that - especially when the cop ended up going to jail anyway as he was guilty as heck. 

Going back to the youtube live stream now to watch the Area 51 RAID :D 

he was one of the best nyc mayors, as far as what he accomplished, way better then Bloomberg, as far as current idiot, not even in the same universe, if he was running now again, he'd win in a landslide

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He pretty much tried to extort Ukraine to help him in the next election. 

And as always people will sound the alarm bells. He'll deny it. Say something stupid while denying it. People will drop it and move on. This cycle is...nauseating. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment I made about the link a little earlier. 

• This topic was locked and unlocked