Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

I think you'll find that the only underhanded issue here is why did Trump stop 250 million in funding to the Ukrainian military pending an investigation on Biden's son? 

It seems Trump views Biden as a presidential threat and is desperate to find some dirt on him. Of course the fact Putin gets another favour at the expense of the democrats should be raising eyebrows regardless of which party you follow. 

No, because no one has yet established a causal relationship between two very distinct events. Considering the rampant corruption in that State, there could have been a plethora of reasons to delay our charity, not the same old, "Why everyone knows." sort we've been hearing from the Left, the last three years. Kavanaugh, naughty and investigating Biden's son was news, last year. In their desperation to find something that will get some traction, the Dems have dusted both off and slapped on a new coat of paint. Two nothing burgers to go. Why should Biden's son be hands off when Trump's wasn't?

• Thanks 1

Political Cartoons by Henry Payne

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump is abusing his power as president. Using the country's foreign policy to improve his chances of re-election. This is dictatorial.  

Seems very Democratic, to me. Every President uses the bully pulpit this way, while looking "Presidential".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Seems very Democratic, to me. Every President uses the bully pulpit this way, while looking "Presidential".  

So its quite normal for a president to solicit a bribe? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The Clintons had a whole foundation set up to take bribes from foreign governments, a foundation that vanished after she wasn't elected. Why would one of the richest men in the world solicit a bribe?

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The Clintons had a whole foundation set up to take bribes from foreign governments, a foundation that vanished after she wasn't elected. Why would one of the richest men in the world solicit a bribe?

To win the presidency. Reason enough? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

To win the presidency. Reason enough? 

He doesn't need anyone else's money, his net worth is 3.1 billion and he raked in and is raking in campaign contributions, hand over fist. Your nothing burger has no meat.

https://wealthygorilla.com/donald-trump-net-worth/

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

He doesn't need anyone else's money, his net worth is 3.1 billion and he raked in and is raking in campaign contributions, hand over fist. Your nothing burger has no meat.

Its a political bribe. "Dig up some dirt on Biden and I'll release the 250 million in funding for your military."

One a seperate note, its really disturbing how republicans refuse to put their country first and their politicians second. Instead amoral Trump gets full support. Very disturbing!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Its a political bribe. "Dig up some dirt on Biden and I'll release the 250 million in funding for your military."

One a seperate note, its really disturbing how republicans refuse to put their country first and their politicians second. Instead amoral Trump gets full support. Very disturbing!

How on EARTH do you conclude that Republicans don't put their country first ? I could fully understand that accusation being levelled against the Democrats, but not the Republicans ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah, they behave just like Democrats, fancy that. Since "Amoral" works so fine for the opposition, they've embraced it. They delight in yanking any "moral" high ground the Dems try to make a stand on out from under them by rubbing their noses in their own amorality. How can bribe he them with money already given to them? Enjoy your nothing burger.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

He doesn't need anyone else's money ...

He dont?

Billionaire real estate developer, businessman and television personality Donald Trump — who had never held public office — flirted with the idea of running for president for decades before jumping into the 2016 race. After running an unconventional and underfunded campaign in 2016 but receiving free media attention valued at about $5 billion, Trump’s reelection campaign looks to be flush with cash. Having declared his 2020 bid the day he took office, Trump has drawn unprecedented fundraising hauls, attracting both large and small donors.

More

his net worth is 3.1 billion and he raked in and is raking in campaign contributions, hand over fist.

How can wealthygorilla.com know his amount of capital without any tax return declaration available?

The Clintons had a whole foundation set up to take bribes from foreign governments, a foundation that vanished after she wasn't elected.

If you are talking about the Clinton Foundation, no, it didnt vanished. Its still alive and active in a number of social projects. Its the "Trump Foundation", that vanished after various investigations by the WP and the New York attorney general's office :

In December 2016, one month before his inauguration, then president-elect Trump announced that he would dissolve the Trump Foundation to avoid "even the appearance of any conflict with [his] role as President".[34] The New York attorney general's office, however, blocked the dissolution, stating that the foundation "cannot legally dissolve" until its current investigation is completed.[35]

In June 2018 the same office filed a civil suit against the Trump Foundation and its board members, ordering (among other requirements) that it be shut down and that restitution be made by its board members. The office also referred information on possible legal violations to the FEC and the IRS.[36] The following month, the New York State governor's chief counsel announced that Governor Cuomo was ready to provide the state's attorney general's office with the requisite criminal referral in the matter for possible criminal prosecution under state law.[13] In December of that year, the foundation signed a stipulation agreement to dissolve, with its assets going only to charities approved by the attorney general's office.[37][38][39] Soon after, Attorney General Underwood announced that the foundation had agreed to shut down under court supervision and distribute its remaining assets to court-approved charities, although she did not end investigations of the foundation and its directors.[15]

Wiki

Why would one of the richest men in the world solicit a bribe?

Thats a nonsense argument. And BTW, he isnt a member of the club, he is even not listed in the linked article you posted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious...

Why did President Obama choose Senator Biden as his VP?

The older white male democratic vote, is my guess. Biden always had a loyal following or block of voters, similar to Trump.

i was never one. I always thought Biden wanted the job more than I wanted to help give it to him. However, I was very impressed with Biden’s support and loyalty to Obama, despite having the #2 job. He showed a lot of class as VP. Now, I wonder if he’s too old and frail, yet I trust him more than Warren.

The world is about to become a far more dangerous place, as the planet becomes more hostile to our species. The Earth is like a piece of hardware, programmed for diversity, and we are destroying the piano, and the melody, seemingly without conscience or consequence. Yet, the Book of Good says .....

“And the nations were angry; and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints and them that fear Thy name, small and great, and shouldest destroy them that destroy the earth.” Rev. 11:18

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

@Farmer77 who says the IG was in on it? Regardless the Ukrainian president said it’s bs I think, and if it’s who leaked? Without that or documentation proving it then it’s just hearsay. What we do know is that Biden did in effect pay taxpayers money to the Ukraine government to call off an investigation, right?

Your answers on this are maddening. Are you actually unaware of the details or just choosing to be because you dont like Biden?

The documentation is only not in the public sphere because the DOJ is breaking the law by refusing to hand the whistleblower complaint over to congress. As @Captain Risky said above this is dictatorial. The hiding of the complaint in and of itself is dictatorial, and of course if what is in the complaint is true that stands alone as some banana republic bull****.

• Thanks 3

On 9/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I'm not aware of such a video. As for what the point might be, at minimum, it's important for all Americans to know that their President is (among other unsavoury things) a national security threat. 

LOLOLOL!!  No, Kittens, he is a **Democrat Party** threat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Captain, I have seen presidents hold back foreign aid to many a nation for many a reason.

I personally don't mind Trump trying to expose Biden. Don't people want to know the truth? Dems certainly feel that way about Trump.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Your answers on this are maddening. Are you actually unaware of the details or just choosing to be because you dont like Biden?

The documentation is only not in the public sphere because the DOJ is breaking the law by refusing to hand the whistleblower complaint over to congress. As @Captain Risky said above this is dictatorial. The hiding of the complaint in and of itself is dictatorial, and of course if what is in the complaint is true that stands alone as some banana republic bull****.

Hmm.. I'm afraid I don't understand ? Could somebody explain this to me ? 

Presumably the role of the DOJ is to investigate alleged crimes ? Therefore it has primacy over this particular investigation ? By what legal or constitutional right is Congress getting involved ? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, toast said:

He dont?

How can wealthygorilla.com know his amount of capital without any tax return declaration available?

If you are talking about the Clinton Foundation, no, it didnt vanished. Its still alive and active in a number of social projects. Its the "Trump Foundation", that vanished after various investigations by the WP and the New York attorney general's office :

Thats a nonsense argument. And BTW, he isnt a member of the club, he is even not listed in the linked article you posted.

The global Iniative part shut down, the part foreign governments eagerly contributed to until she wasn't elected. Curious that. 

How can you know anything at all to dispute it? Why didn't the Obama IRS nail him in their eight year reign if his finances are so nefarious? They went after pretty much everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To sum up, then:

Dems and the Leftist media are apoplectic because Trump assured the current leadership of Ukraine that Biden's illegal (and corrupt) threat to withhold funding unless they stopped investigating the Bidens is no longer a hindrance to their investigation.  In other words, they want to convince Americans that Trump's nullifying of Biden's illegal extortion threat is, somehow...illegal.

As always, Farmer remains locked in his closet, terrified of Trump's...badness.  And Orangeousness.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Can we compare the “bad” Ukrainian prosecutor to the “bad” Hunter Biden? It may take some work, but I’m sure someone can and will. 

Not at all.  I don't know (or care) enough about either situation to be the judge.  To the extent that I do judge, I see a sitting VP threatening to withhold a billion dollars in aid to a foreign nation unless they take a specific action that will benefit his son.  There is no wiggle room on that, it is fact.  You can ascribe motives if you like but the facts are there.  In the case of Trump, we have the Ukrainian in question DENYING PUBLICLY that the accusations are true.  We also have a tiresome history over three years of this president being accused of things that there never seems to be evidence of and rather than apologise, the accusers just move on to the next false or exaggerated claim.

It gets BORING.  You guys REALLY should go back and brush up on your Aesop's Fables.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

It wasnt a leak it was testimony under oath

One concern raised is what is the intelligence community doing listening to Trump's calls to leaders?

Harte

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I admit the comparison is glaring, but when you examine the nuts and bolts, and the apples and oranges, there is a big difference.

On the one hand you have a sitting President saying he wants someone to “falsely accuse someone else,” and the other, a sitting VP saying “don’t falsely accuse my son and others, or else.”

Can we compare the “bad” Ukrainian prosecutor to the “bad” Hunter Biden? It may take some work, but I’m sure someone can and will.

You used quotation marks. In the case of Trump, what are you quoting here?

How is this "falsely accusing?"

The accused action by Biden is fairly well documented. This accusation did not originate with Trump - it originated from the fired prosecutor in Ukraine.

There's no "false" to it as far as we know, and it didn't come out of a vacuum like almost all of the accusations made against Trump.

Harte

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

No, because no one has yet established a causal relationship between two very distinct events. Considering the rampant corruption in that State, there could have been a plethora of reasons to delay our charity, not the same old, "Why everyone knows." sort we've been hearing from the Left, the last three years. Kavanaugh, naughty and investigating Biden's son was news, last year. In their desperation to find something that will get some traction, the Dems have dusted both off and slapped on a new coat of paint. Two nothing burgers to go. Why should Biden's son be hands off when Trump's wasn't?

One good reason was that there was a new government in the Ukraine that the Administration felt needed checking out first.

Harte

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. I'm afraid I don't understand ? Could somebody explain this to me ? 

Presumably the role of the DOJ is to investigate alleged crimes ? Therefore it has primacy over this particular investigation ? By what legal or constitutional right is Congress getting involved ? 

As a Presidential communication, the entire thing can be classified. Trump will probably declassify it when he feels like he's trolled them enough.

Harte

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Harte said:

The accused action by Biden is fairly well documented. This accusation did not originate with Trump - it originated from the fired prosecutor in Ukraine.

There's no "false" to it as far as we know, and it didn't come out of a vacuum like almost all of the accusations made against Trump.

Yes, I'd say that having him on video, arrogantly riffing on how he did the deed would be enough for a prosecutor making a case against a prole like myself but it appears that reality today has gone on an extended holiday for the foreseeable future.  These guys stopped causing me to be amazed or even bemused with this silliness.  Now they just BORE me.  

BTW - GO DAWGS!   I just LOVE to see an SEC team taking it to out of conference powers.  

Don't mean to derail.

Edited by and then

• This topic was locked and unlocked