Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

Raptor Witness

Just now, DieChecker said:

Possibly some legislation that reins in what powers the President has to deal with foreign powers. What is considered misuse of power, and what is not. Trump would never sign it, but President Pence, or Warren, might.

I do like that. It seems too many of our laws, in fact much of our government in general, is entirely too dependent upon the morality of the POTUS.

Taking out the grey areas is definitely a good idea.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Is the EU the beginning of a globalist push or just an effort by European nations to form a trading bloc that is not overpowered by the US and China?

One need look no further than the crushing, often pointless regulatory burdens that sap the freedoms of the member nations to understand the REAL motives of the EU.  It is like our Federal government - power by coercion when the votes aren't there.  If the Europeans want slavery, that's on them.  I hope the Brits stand and fight right here, right now, otherwise they'll never be free again.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I do like that. It seems too many of our laws, in fact much of our government in general, is entirely too dependent upon the morality of the POTUS.

Taking out the grey areas is definitely a good idea.

It would logically be bipartisan, as only those interested in perpetuating possible abuse would resist voting for it. It would restrict "commie" Democrats,  and "warmonger" Republicans, whole they are president.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Trump didn't say "or else" and he did release the aid - no strings attached.

It is perfectly legal to ask someone to do you a favor.

The texts show that behind the scenes that strings were attached, the "though", shows there were strings attached.

The 'we do a lot for you, you don't reciprocate' before asking for a favour shows pressure.

The use of State - Barr and private - Giuliana shows intention to reap personal benefit while acting in the official capacity of President.

The target Biden, not under investigation by any US authority, and with no evidence of any US authority having requested action against Biden by the President, shows personal reasoning. The fact that biden senior was a possible election opponent shows personal gain and a potential request for a foreign power to provide information intended to influence an election.

That the texts show officials trying to ensure that the President of Ukraine brings up the requested investigation publicly, even before such investigation reaps any rewards, shows an attempt to get a foreign President to smear a potential political opponent without proof of wrong doing.

But I get it - we will never agree on this.

• Like 3

Meanwhile,

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ig-could-not-explain-18-days-between-ukraine-call-and-whistleblower-complaint-sources-say 

Why so long to come forward?  Why was it necessary to coordinate with ONE committee and not both?  Why are the Republicans being effectively sidelined and excluded from the questioning of the so-called "whistleblower"?  

Of course these are just rhetorical questions that at best will receive vague or partisan comments, if they even bother to respond with something other than an asinine "laughing" emoji.  

Anyone who doubts the purely partisan nature of this next version of "Orange man bad" need look no further than what their behavior would be if there was a simple reversal of party in the equation.  How would Dems react if it were being done to them?  The screeching and foaming at the mouth would cause small children to be afraid to go around a TV.  

McConnell made it clear today that this show trial will be handled with the same partisan response that it is being generated with.  They know they can't remove him so their entire focus will be to damage him for the election and it just shows how bankrupt they really are as a Party.  

Watch the "polls" prove, I say PROVE that Orange man has NO CHANCE against (insert favorite clown here) and then, when he wins AGAIN they can start the "he cheated" mantra all over.  Let it be.  I used to be concerned that his re-election might lead to widespread violence in the country but on further reflection I realized that for the Left to do that would require them to have a spine and the courage of their convictions.  At best, they'd just burn down their own inner cities.  The best kind of urban renewal, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I ironically found this on foxnews.com

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-don-lemon-john-kasich-trump-apologist

I like how the right's "favorite" news commentator breaks it down:

"John, if you asked me to do something, if you said, 'Don, I need something from you' and I said to you, 'John, yes, but I need you to do me a favor though,' what does that mean?" Lemon pressed Kasich.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

But I get it - we will never agree on this.

This is the bottom line.  The Left cannot prove he committed any crime worthy of Impeachment and it will come down to public perceptions.  The public have been dosed with this stuff for 3 years and the most patient and thoughtful are even getting weary of it.  It just shows how weak the Left is now.  It is obviously all they have.  They certainly have no candidate that has caught the passion of their base.  Forget the independents, not even their BASE is excited about any of these candidates.  I'd almost bet that either Michell or HRC will come in at the last minute and take over a brokered convention.  THAT is how bereft this party has become.

11 minutes ago, and then said:

Why are the Republicans being effectively sidelined and excluded from the questioning of the so-called "whistleblower"?  

The nunes memo is one example but I think the best would have to be Lewandowski's behavior in front of congress.

It has nothing to do with politics. There are whistleblower laws specifically and solely to protect them from corrupt clowns like the above. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

House Democrats Mull Hiding Whistleblower’s Identity From GOP During Testimony: Report

House Democrats are allegedly working to mask the Ukraine scandal whistleblower’s identity from Republican lawmakers who are President Donald Trump’s allies in a potential effort to ensure the individual’s safety during testimony at a time when the president is actively trying to expose the person who wrote the bombshell complaint that sparked an impeachment inquiry.

Among the protocols Democrats are considering to protect the anonymous intelligence official include having the whistleblower testify remotely with an obscured appearance and voice, three unnamed officials familiar with the discussions told The Washington Post on Monday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Its just not something we should even have to think about.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its just not something we should even have to think about.

I can see it now. "IT'S A COINCIDENCE, I!!I

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I can see it now. "IT'S A COINCIDENCE, I!!I

That and "hes so rich those few (tens of)  millions dont matter to him"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, and then said:

11/3/2020... we'll see about that, shall we?  

What are you goin to do if he loses, pickup your guns? :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

You say the one references the other, but the UKRAINIANS, and almost all of Trumps people say it was a different subject.

Unless we can Hear the call, it is not possible to tell if Trump is continuing the line of thought, or starting a new line of thought.

Man, you're in complete denial.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, and then said:

Why so?  They understand better than Republicans, apparently, the power of the media message and the advantage that gives the party who owns them.  Dude, you'd have to be a straight up imbecile not to see that 90 - 95% of the MSM is sold out to the Left and their policies.  If you disagree then perhaps you could explain why well over 90% of Trump's EARLY coverage, before he had implemented any policies, was uniformly negative?  The same has held true for the intervening 3 years.  There is no way that is a random or justifiable occurrence.  People who look around for a problem that others see yet they can never see it themselves, might just be part of that problem...just maybe.  

IOW, they risk almost nothing in their own districts but their chances of continuing to baffle or confuse voters after years of being wrong in their hysterical protestations may well blow up in their faces next November.  God only knows what they'll do for an encore if he's re-elected but I certainly hope to see it happen.  

I doubt the Democrats are banking on the straight out trancelike bumbling disciples of their master Trump for votes, but hopefully some of the ones that voted for him in 2016 and have been thru the horrors to see what a deceitful, arrogant, cold blooded, crook he is after four years of constant scandals, will finally decide 'enough is enough of this embarrassing individual who doesn't represent us Americans' and will give him the flick for someone else. 

Not that I'm expecting you to understand anything that I've just mentioned above.  You'd have to get over your Trump withdrawal symptoms before you start rationalising in a normal state again LOL.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Brilliant sleuthing.

No need to be sarcastic!  You could have just done everyone a favor and posted it yourself....

• Thanks 1

Most interesting. Do carry on. 

< munches popcorn from Comfy ChairTM

My concern is for what happens when the next president that's elected starts to solicit foreign governments for damaging info on their opponents. How far are republicans willing to let this go? My guess is....they're only going to let it go until it's not a republican doing it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joc said:

No need to be sarcastic!  You could have just done everyone a favor and posted it yourself....

I did.  And not everyone missed it.

Trump is melting like a golden calf in front of his supporters eyes. 

They weep for him, as if he was a god, when in fact, he’s just a fallen star from Hell.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe it is written for the express purpose of people who do financial planning to get an idea of whats likely to happen and protect their clients.  They look at numbers like that  not empty reporting from either side. The world is not all about Trump as he and his followers seem to think.  If God decided to end the world, it wouldn't be just to make Trump look bad.

It is likely that Trump will not be impeached, it is likely that he could even win reelection.  He might get close to winning the popular vote athis time, but probably not any landslides in his future.  As long as he wins enough electoral votes, that is all that matters.

You actually don't get what MainStreamMedia actually is.  

It is nothing more than a branch of the Democrat Party.

The real question is who controls who? Does the Democrat Party control the press or does the press control the Democrat Party? I'm going with the latter because they actually have all of the Power.  If a politician does not Bend to their own persuasion... They can easily destroy said politician. It has always worked in the past until now with Trump. Why? Because he is not a politician!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So it is criminal to hide things from Democrats in Congress, but good and nonpolitical to hide things from the Republicans in Congress?

Oh.... Because the Republicans might see the evidence differently, which needs to be squashed....

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump is melting like a golden calf in front of his supporters eyes. 

They weep for him, as if he was a god, when in fact, he’s just a fallen star from Hell.

Wow! I have to admire your perseverance in your message of rejection, though you've not scored an actual point on Trump over three years. He's still there. He's still doing whatever he wants. Threats have failed. Investigations have failed.

The only people panicking are the life long politicians, who react to polls. And then change their mind again when the poll numbers return to what they were, after a week or two.

5 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

My concern is for what happens when the next president that's elected starts to solicit foreign governments for damaging info on their opponents. How far are republicans willing to let this go? My guess is....they're only going to let it go until it's not a republican doing it. 

I'd like to see Congress work at changing what is perceived as wrong, so it does not happen again. Rather then spend all their energy in some puppet show that will ultimately accomplish nothing.

When we train a new guy at work, we always find holes in our training plans and documentation. We take that opportunity to improve on what we already had, rather then punishing the new guy for being ignorant and moving on.

• Like 1