Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

Raptor Witness

Just now, hacktorp said:

The Left has completely lost its mind.

It appears that civil war is the only option the Left believes it has anymore.  Of course, they'll touch it off and try to blame conservatives for starting it.

It'll be over before Thanksgiving.

I'm not really sure how you got that narrative from the article I posted but hey if that gives you the warm and fuzzies big guy you go ahead and do you. 

• Like 1

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm not really sure how you got that narrative from the article I posted but hey if that gives you the warm and fuzzies big guy you go ahead and do you. 

That whole article is bogus.  The House wants to hold a secret trial.  Is that Constitutional?  The Left have been trying to delegitimize the 2016 election from the beginning.  This is a coup against the President and the nation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I got the warm and fuzzies witnessing the Left repeatedly march themselves up before the American people with their ridiculous hoaxes...only to find themselves brutally b!tch-slapped by the truth time and time again.

But, now that the Left has fallen to civil disorder and violence as their last resort, I'm in favor of something a bit more demonstrative of how middle America truly feels about the Left's subterfuge than the usual b!tch-slapping.

It's time.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

But, now that the Left has fallen to civil disorder and violence as their last resort, I'm in favor of something more a bit more demonstrative of how middle America truly feels about the Left's subterfuge than the usual b!tch-slapping.

It's time.

Ahh so you're feeling emboldened now that your dear leader has tried to void the Constitution by declaring impeachment unconstitutional. 

Gotcha. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The House wants to hold a secret trial. 

Isn't the trial actually held in the senate?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Ahh so you're feeling emboldened now that your dear leader has tried to void the Constitution by declaring impeachment unconstitutional. 

Gotcha. 

No, it's just that the Dems and the rest of the Left have now jumped the shark so badly, it's obvious their little sitcom has reached the end.

Most Americans just want to ensure that it never, ever makes it to reruns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Gotcha. 

Except, Trump hasn’t been trying to void the Constitution.  That is entirely the realm of the Left.  Who is it that has been trying to rewrite the 1st and 2nd Amendments?  He is not declaring impeachment as unconstitutional.  He’s calling out illegal secret trials by the House as unconstitutional.  Bring on a constitutional impeachment, I demand it!  But Pelosi won’t because it would do in the Left for good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Isn't the trial actually held in the senate?

They both hold one but it is the one in the Senate that counts.  The Left know that it won’t get traction in the Senate but they can hope that the spectacle will effect the 2020 election.  They are running out of time and their miscalculation will backfire.  Now that they have a witness that can’t be identified or cross-examined (that was their problem with the Kavanaugh trial), they can spew out anything they want.  But this will fizzle out and in the last few months, Antifa and BLM will begin to riot in the streets and people are going to get hurt and they’ll blame Trump.  Mark my words.

25 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

That whole article is bogus.  The House wants to hold a secret trial.  Is that Constitutional?  The Left have been trying to delegitimize the 2016 election from the beginning.  This is a coup against the President and the nation.

Can’t be a coup if it’s lawful.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Except, Trump hasn’t been trying to void the Constitution. 

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

He’s calling out illegal secret trials by the House as unconstitutional. 

Yes he is relying on the ignorance of folks like you to believe such a laughable and dictatorial argument. House gets the say on impeachment per the Constitution. Trump and by extension your argument is against the Constitution itself not the dems. You and he are trying to void it by giving POTUS extra constitutional rights. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Can’t be a coup if it’s lawful.

Wow!  Out of the mouths of babes.  A proper impeachment is lawful.  What the House is trying to do is not.

30 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The House wants to hold a secret trial. 

What insane dark corner of the internet (or AM radio) are you getting that from? :lol:

You do know that argument is lunacy right? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes he is relying on the ignorance of folks like you to believe such a laughable and dictatorial argument. House gets the say on impeachment per the Constitution. Trump and by extension your argument is against the Constitution itself not the dems. You and he are trying to void it by giving POTUS extra constitutional rights. 

An impeachment in the House is supposed to be open to the public, correct?

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

What the House is trying to do is not.

Just stop lying :lol:

Wait......do you even know you're spreading false propaganda at this point? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

No I do not believe that is in the Constitution

Kind of a weird and off topic question though why do you ask?

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Not if it's based on third party testimony based on written testimony by invisible witnesses who say they got their information, second hand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

What insane dark corner of the internet (or AM radio) are you getting that from? :lol:

You do know that argument is lunacy right? 

The House is trying to find a way to mask the identity of the whistleblower by having him testify from a secret location and not allowing Republicans to ask questions.  This is unconstitutional.  How far do you think that will get in the Senate?  The President has the constitutional right to confront his accuser.  If this gets to the Senate and the President doesn’t get this Right, then it will be a sham and unconstitutional.  All will be revealed in the Senate.  That’s why it won’t get that far.  If it does, the whistleblower will be facing libel and perjury.  It’s not going to fly with the public.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-democrats-consider-masking-identity-of-whistleblower-from-trumps-gop-allies-in-congress/2019/10/07/171a4b14-e927-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

Just now, RavenHawk said:

The House is trying to find a way to mask the identity of the whistleblower by having him testify from a secret location and not allowing Republicans to ask questions.  This is unconstitutional.

No it's not. This argument is false. 

The Constitution guarantees the right to face your accuser specifically and only in criminal trials. 

Impeachment in the House isn't a criminal trial. 

Like I said before he is wholly depending on your ignorance and or willingness to ignore the Constitution in order to make himself above the law. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The document says nothing of the sort. The Constitution merely, succinctly, gives the House "sole power of impeachment," allowing it "may determine the rules of its proceedings." 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/10/13/nancy-pelosi-hold-house-impeachment-inquiry-vote-editorials-debates/3968642002/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Well they are still protected and have the right to stay anonymous at this point in time. So what crisis is there? If they refuse to come forward if needed(i'm convinced there will be enough evidence and witnesses otherwise when it's all said and done) then I can see it. But right now during the investigation...he has NO RIGHT to demand they be outed or "face him" for any other reason beyond intimidation. 

I see. so the Constitutional rule of law only counts when you say so. Got it.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Bro pick up the Constitution and read it!!!!!!!!

In a criminal trial.  There is a right to face your accuser in a criminal trial and criminal trial only. 

Is impeachment in the House a criminal trial?

Impeachment is absolutely supposed to be investigating the prez for crimes committed. so yea, sorta. What is the spirit of the law? Would ypou prefer a government that has secret tribunals with hooded judges? 

16 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The House is trying to find a way to mask the identity of the whistleblower by having him testify from a secret location and not allowing Republicans to ask questions.  This is unconstitutional.  How far do you think that will get in the Senate?  The President has the constitutional right to confront his accuser.  If this gets to the Senate and the President doesn’t get this Right, then it will be a sham and unconstitutional.  All will be revealed in the Senate.  That’s why it won’t get that far.  If it does, the whistleblower will be facing libel and perjury.  It’s not going to fly with the public.https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-democrats-consider-masking-identity-of-whistleblower-from-trumps-gop-allies-in-congress/2019/10/07/171a4b14-e927-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

They're all preparing to testify and cooperate with both houses. Sondland and Esper has instructed the pentagon to co operate  too. in fact there is even talk that the 'whistleblower' might not even be needed to make testimony. 

Trump is fast running outta tricks and distortions. 

With any luck the most divisive and traumatic presidency the U.S. has ever known is fast reaching its climatic end !

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Impeachment is absolutely supposed to be investigating the prez for crimes committed. so yea, sorta. What is the spirit of the law? Would ypou prefer a government that has secret tribunals with hooded judges? 

I think you may be mistaken @Earl.Of.Trumps ? As I understand it, @Farmer77 is correct: the constitution gives Congress carte-blanche to create its own procedural rules for each individual case of impeachment. (up to and including pointy hats :P ) 

It also makes the point that the GROUNDS for impeachment would almost certainly be political, not criminal, events. Accordingly, the "trial" is a political one, not a criminal one. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No it's not. This argument is false. 

The Constitution guarantees the right to face your accuser specifically and only in criminal trials. 

Impeachment in the House isn't a criminal trial. 

Like I said before he is wholly depending on your ignorance and or willingness to ignore the Constitution in order to make himself above the law. 

The Senate trial is a continuation of the House impeachment.  All the ground work is laid there.  If there is no cross-examination in the house, then the impeachment is worthless.  Which goes to the point that the house is setting up a public lynching of the President before he has a chance to defend himself.  This is why it won’t get this far because there is nothing there.  If it does then there will be charges of treason on those that perpetrated it and Pelosi’s head will be at the top of the list.