Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

Raptor Witness

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

There are certainly tricks and distortions being used, but NOT, I would suggest, by President Trump :P 

Exactly so.  In fact, the reason the Left is coming unhinged is that he gets in their face, PUBLICLY, and calls them out.  People out there that STILL assume him to be an idiot are probably so consumed with hatred for him that they cannot even process clear information surrounding him.  They have fallen into denial and it's going to bite them over and over.

Also...THIS:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/corruption-chronicles/jw-investigates-if-ousted-ukraine-ambassador-ordered-state-dept-to-monitor-journalists-trump-allies/?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=action+alert&utm_term=members&utm_content=20191014202017&utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=action+alert&utm_term=members&utm_content=20191015002710 

Judicial Watch has been responsible for huge amounts of incriminating evidence coming forward against the Dems in the past couple of decades.  If HRC ever is held legally accountable it will certainly be JW who will be credited.  Arguably, it can be stated that HRC's problems with her "roll your own" Server came because of her understanding of the dangers posed by the FOIA request system.  She KNEW she'd have to be able to conceal her communications to avoid JW requesting them under legal processes.

The article clearly states that this request for records is secondary to "information received" that Obama's Ukraine Ambassador created a list of U.S. citizens to be monitored by the State Department.  IF true it is blatantly illegal.  I'm sure that seems like a yawner at this point but never forget that all it takes to unravel the finest woven rug is a single loose thread.  Yovanovich could face imprisonment and that kind of pressure can loosen lips.  It will be interesting to watch the progress of this action.  Hopefully, Barr can expedite the process as a part of his investigation because the State Department has become a master at delay of producing records that, by law, are publicly accessible.

• Like 1

Quell surprise...

Who Pays For Presidential Rallies?

“So the taxpayers are on the hook for part of it no matter what. But guess what? That’s not just with Trump. That was true with Obama, that was true with any other president out there,” said Hamline University political science professor David Schultz. “Even for pure, political events, taxpayers are still on the hook for some, some of what’s going on.”

Taxpayers are mainly paying for security. Federal tax dollars pay for Secret Service. And local agencies — such as police, fire and emergency services — can expect overtime costs.

A Trump rally in Lynden, Washington — population 14,000 — cost taxpayers $155,000 for added security. A rally in Phoenix cost more than $450,000.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/06/21/gq-presidential-rallies/

• Like 1

Rand Paul is calling for an investigation of four prominent Dem Senators who penned a letter to the Ukrainian government, insinuating that bipartisan support for future aid depended on Ukraine refusing to accommodate president Trump's desire to have Ukraine investigate potential corruption by Biden and son.  Apparently, the language they used was at least as troubling as Trump's.  Let's see how this charge is answered.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/rand-paul-calls-for-probe-into-4-democratic-senators-over-threats-to-ukraine?utm_source=shapironewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=101419-news&utm_campaign=position2

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, and then said:

Rand Paul is calling for an investigation of four prominent Dem Senators who penned a letter to the Ukrainian government, insinuating that bipartisan support for future aid depended on Ukraine refusing to accommodate president Trump's desire to have Ukraine investigate potential corruption by Biden and son.  Apparently, the language they used was at least as troubling as Trump's.  Let's see how this charge is answered.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/rand-paul-calls-for-probe-into-4-democratic-senators-over-threats-to-ukraine?utm_source=shapironewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=101419-news&utm_campaign=position2

More unsubstantiated nonsense from a failed presidential candidate looking to keep his name in the media. Where's the supposed letter? At this point the right have nothing but wishful thinking talking points.

• Like 1

I think I see the sky falling on Republican heads, now that we have John Bolton on board.

Sing it baby.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

This is no longer a whistleblower, this is John Bolton we are talking about.

So Bolton finally got to drop a bomb, eh? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Be that as it may I fail to see how relevant that is you what you quoted.

it related to your statement that Pelosi et al where working to limit the "damage" Trump had done. I was using hyperbole to point out that their SOLE motive was to "get Trump", not to limit any damage. 

Ukraine is just an excuse to impeach. If it wasn't Ukraine, it would be Syria. If not Syria, then.. dunno... parking offences or jaywalking or littering. ANYTHING to "Get Trump". 

Edited by RoofGardener

11 hours ago, Kismit said:

What nonsense.

can we please stick to facts and not innuendo.

unless of course you have some kind of baby trampling evidence to back this statement up with.

Vitriolic hogwash only breeds more discontent from both sides.

Umm.. Kismit.. I was using Hyperbole to make a point. (see post above). :) 

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

So Bolton finally got to drop a bomb, eh? 

Bolton knew what Trump and his cronies were doing was illegal. Calling it a “drug deal” is clear as day.

So a fish does rot from the head down. The smell of political death permeates the air.  It’s a sickening smell for all of U.S., day by day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

There is absolutely categorically NO WAY that was an 'accident'. The producer of the item would have KNOWN the origin of the video clip when he/she went into the proverbial edit suite. Somebody needs to be disciplined here. If they are NOT, then we KNOW that ABC sanctioned the deception. 

6 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

More unsubstantiated nonsense from a failed presidential candidate looking to keep his name in the media. Where's the supposed letter? At this point the right have nothing but wishful thinking talking points.

Hmm.. possibly @Hankenhunter. But the original allegation was raised in the Washington Post; hardly a pro-Trump newspaper ? (I can't follow the link in the Daily Wire story myself, as the WaPo blocks anyone who is using add blockers). 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/24/democrats-investigation-might-do-more-hurt-biden-than-trump/

The Hill is more accommodating. https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/462658-lets-get-real-democrats-were-first-to-enlist-ukraine-in-us-elections

12 hours ago, Kismit said:

What nonsense.

can we please stick to facts and not innuendo.

unless of course you have some kind of baby trampling evidence to back this statement up with.

Vitriolic hogwash only breeds more discontent from both sides.

Not far from the truth, Kismit!

AOC goes to the southern border to show all Americans the cruel circumstances that children live under - such as being forced to drink toilet water and other violations to the children.

Since that was revealed to the media, have the democrats passed any legislation whatsoever to improve living conditions for migrant children on the southern border? No.

The Democrats are quite happy with the status quo so they can use these children to humiliate Trump and influence the 2020 election.

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Does that prove that Monica and everybody else that accused him were just liars plain and simple  Yet you are going to believe that all information against Trump is lies plain and simple?

Mon ami, Clinton lied to a grand jury. That is considered fact.  

Trump receiving quid pro quo is a falsehood. He never did.  A little difference here.

52 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

AOC goes to the southern border to show all Americans the cruel circumstances that children live under - such as being forced to drink toilet water and other violations to the children.

Since that was revealed to the media, have the democrats passed any legislation whatsoever to improve living conditions for migrant children on the southern border? No.

The Democrats are quite happy with the status quo so they can use these children to humiliate Trump and influence the 2020 election.

Indeed @Earl.Of.Trumps. Of course, this might be moderated by the fact that AOC never actually SAW this herself; she was just told about it by somebody outside of the camp, and took it on face value. It then transpired that the entire story was false. Children where NOT forced to drink toilet water, and the only "violation" was that the children where confined and not allowed to leave. So in this particular example, there was nothing for the Democrats to do ! 

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Although it appears that your only connections to the post are 1 Democrat and children, I could very easily dismiss your argument based on it not being Democrats (plural) trampling actual babies. And infact 1 Democrat showing concern for children.

One could argue literally the opposites of baby trampling, because that is infact what it is.

And just how often does Mitch Mconnell let the Democrats pass laws? He appears to have been a deliberate obstruction for at least two election cycles now.

Or I could just go with the argument of false equivalency, I have so much choice.

produce evidence of actual baby trampling or move on, I am rarely patient when being questioned over nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Although it appears that your only connections to the post are 1 Democrat and children, I could very easily dismiss your argument based on it not being Democrats (plural) trampling actual babies. And infact 1 Democrat showing concern for children.

One could argue literally the opposites of baby trampling, because that is infact what they are.

And just how often does Mitch Mconnell let the Democrats pass laws? He appears to have been a deliberate obstruction for at least two election cycles now.

Or I could just go with the argument of false equivalency, I have so much choice.

produce evidence of actual baby trampling or move on, I am rarely patient when being questioned over nonsense.

Interesting seeing a moderator weighing in on such a divisive topic. 

10 hours ago, and then said:

I heard it was a perfect letter. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Whatever you think about John Bolton, he is a patriot.

Indeed.  Sadly for him, he's a patriot to the wrong country.

To the US and its patriotic citizens, he's a treasonous weasel.

But you knew that.

• Haha 3

Here's John Bolton, in happier times, being awarded his country's highest honor:

image.jpeg.620b8a193f028cc07177d7c99a19be75.jpeg

John was staunchly committed to defending his country's interests to the last drop of American blood...

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 1

Ya. So "Bombs" Bolton, who all he lived for was to nuke Iran, gets into a tiff with Trump (no small wonder) and takes his ball and goes home.

Good riddance you piece of garbage. Our president thinking of "America first" and Bolton wants to think of "other interests" first. Hey Bolton, the people selected Trump, not YOU. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Mon ami, Clinton lied to a grand jury. That is considered fact.  

Trump receiving quid pro quo is a falsehood. He never did.  A little difference here.

I am certainly with you non the first part.  As for the second sentence, remains to be seen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Interesting seeing a moderator weighing in on such a divisive topic. 

I reply to being quoted, my original quote was aimed at shutting down discourse. There is more than enough of that going around. That would be the job of the Moderator. 

Which I will point out  is an incredibly difficult job especially in the Political section, and comes with so many false accusations.

For example your post could be taken to mean I have no right to post or that I in some way infringe on your right to post, or that I have an agenda,which of course are  rediculous statements. I occasionally have an obligation to post and the many different threads which are currently running unhindered show no political persuasion or interference of any kind. No bias or hindrance.

But I will call for nonsense to be stopped when I see it. That would be a part of keeping the discussion civil,

of course your quoting me could just be simple observation, an odd thing to just note but I am willing to accept that as it is and just move on to allow the discussion to continue again unhindered.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am certainly with you non the first part.  As for the second sentence, remains to be seen.

He's not even denying that it was a quid pro quo, now that they can see where the testimony of witnesses is heading. Yesterday's testimony made it clear that they were pushing the Biden thing long before the phone call. They're now going with “It was a quid pro quo, but not a corrupt one,”

This 'quid pro quo' talk is sort of a non sequitur reply to the accusation of wrongdoing and lawbreaking, anyway. Whether there was a 'quid pro quo' is irrelevant. Accepting help or asking for help from Ukraine with the primary goal of attacking a political rival is itself - though not as bad as extorting that country for personal gain - illegal.

Kinda crazy that as Mueller was wrapping up, and then the phone call three days after the end of the investigation, Trump was actively committing the exact crime for which he was being investigated. He was trying to "collude" with another government to win an election. You've got to wonder how anyone could ever have thought that this would be a good idea.

• Like 4